Zniw Adventure - coming 06.11.2020 on Steam!

Started by CrashPL, Sun 22/06/2014 20:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

Thanks everyone! :D

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 27/07/2018 19:44:01surprised Dino looks exactly like me when I wake up late for work and look at the time (laugh)

Heh, you know how it is. :D

Anyway, about the announcement I mentioned before... Zniw Adventure now has its own proper Steam page, along with an improved trailer and a couple of fresh screenshots! No final release date just yet, but man, everyday we're coming closer and closer to the finish line. So yeah, you can wishlist the adventures of our dinosaur heroine if you'd like. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/904750/Zniw_Adventure/

Click'd

Maybe you should post some links or whatever into the Steam forum, in case someone stumbles upon it.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

Thanks, everyone. :D So far it looks rather good, let's hope it stays that way 'till the release day. ;)

Alright, another 56k unfriendly post, so brace yourselves.

Well, this is primary a game for kids with educational values.

If there's something strange in you neighborhood
just go and hide in the sack

Zniw Adventure-Pulp Fiction crossover confirmed

Cassiebsg

This is all so awe.... (can I say this? (laugh))

I'm lacking words to be honest. Great job!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

It's like a children's storybook come to life! ;-D

selmiak

finally I played and recorded the demo of Znwi Adventure!
Way too short, but a nice appetizer for the full game  :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-g6gN6Tz8

filled with spoilers!

CrashPL

Wow, this is excellent, thanks a whole bunch for trying the demo! I love seeing others giving our game a go. :D Can we share your video on our social media?

Also many thanks AnasAbdin, Cassiebsg and Blondbraid! :)

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 10/08/2018 19:58:30
It's like a children's storybook come to life! ;-D

That's one of our goals, heh! :D

selmiak

of course you can share this video, actually I'm happy you like it and even more so when you share it :)

CrashPL

I guess we can bump the completed percentage up to 97%, wheee!

CaptainD

You know I told you the last 5% was the hardest?  It's not.  It's actually the last 3% that's the worst! :grin:

Congrats on getting oh so close to releasing the game. As always, it looks wonderful. ;-D

shaun9991

Sooo close :) The animations are looking amazing
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CrashPL

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 20/09/2018 12:08:39It's actually the last 3% that's the worst! :grin:

I can relate, I've been debugging these 101 rooms for so long now, I could easily do a blindfolded speedrun...
Also thanks Captain and Shaun!

So anyway, apart from me finally having some time to fix/add some quality of life improvements (that 'doubleclick for faster movement' was on my todo list for centuries), and rewriting some of the more messy dialogue files, we're slowly starting to do some major, pre-final polishes:

* the educational aspect received a major redesign, as some people during the playtests/events complained it might not be as intuitive as we thought (and questioned why the timeline is in a separate menu). So we just merged both the menu and the timeline into a single page, should be much easier to use now:

* added an additional "zero" screen, which takes place during the 1st and 2nd part of the intro, serving as an interactive tutorial (it's better to let the player experiment and learn the controls/mechanics with a simple puzzle, than to display some text overlays)

...and of course a bunch of new/improved assets. A smiling Zniw! A rare sight indeed!

Click'd

Quote from: CrashPL on Wed 24/10/2018 09:38:29
some people during the playtests/events complained
Tough love, fuck yeah. Let me tell you from a tester's perspective that we complain to make the game better, not because we hate you.

CrashPL

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Wed 24/10/2018 10:33:01
Quote from: CrashPL on Wed 24/10/2018 09:38:29
some people during the playtests/events complained
Tough love, fuck yeah. Let me tell you from a tester's perspective that we complain to make the game better, not because we hate you.

As a guy who works as a QA engineer for 4 years now, I know that. ;) That's why we sat down for a week and redesigned the whole thing from scratch, because your feedback is uttermost important. People literally complained the encyclopedia menus/timeline layout "suck" (sometimes using more... blunt words), so we knew we have to make it better.

CrashPL

Oh, speaking of feedback - I recently added one of the most requested things by the players/testers - quick walk on LMB double click (along with a proper way to wake others a little surprise at the end...)

selmiak

ArsCreativa

Wow! Really nice animations and style! Congrats!

ManicMatt

I love the double click in adventure games! I'd put it in mine, but that's beyond me! Ah well, there's only one large area anyway, so it'd be largely redundant for me I suppose.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk