Coloring Ball - The Monster Mona Lisa WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by AprilSkies, Mon 07/07/2014 22:11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Oh-My-CAT!
Thanks!! Amazing entry!
and wow, very original use of the "arms"!!! When I told consistent use of the arms and hands, even in a original way, I was meaning exactly something like that!!
(and the title (laugh) )

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AprilSkies

Thank you for another amazing entry Hobo!
I love it! So dark and so middle-ages-fashioned!
Cool!

arj0n

The Queen of the Vorticons, use the included galactic alphabet to translate the name plaque.

Spoiler
[close]

selmiak

wow, so many great entries already, and one more week to go, come one, show your monsterlisas!

AprilSkies

Yeah come on! I'm drawing an art gallery where painting will be exposed!

Quote from: Arj0n on Mon 14/07/2014 19:38:11
The Queen of the Vorticons, use the included galactic alphabet to translate the name plaque.
(laugh)
Great one Arj0n! It's so Simpson-style!
and Lol! The gun looks so like the one is in your avatar!

Ghost

Adeel

I don't think I'll be able to participate in this one either. :(

Simply brilliant entries, everyone. SIMPLY BRILLIANT! 8-0

arj0n

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Thu 17/07/2014 13:59:08
Each time you decides not to participate you do make me more curious to see an entry done by you :-D ;)

Adeel

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 17/07/2014 15:25:24
Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Thu 17/07/2014 13:59:08
Each time you decides not to participate you do make me more curious to see an entry done by you :-D ;)

Yup, that's the plan: to make people more curious. :P

Ghost

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Thu 17/07/2014 21:21:43

But the bigger the buildup, the more awesome the payoff is expected to be. If you cancel another CB you will basically have to make Chuck Norris a pixel just to get a lukewarm 'yay'. :=
We also still wait for that pic of your room.*

(* I can't hold the Kitten Gun up for too long, see? My arms get all stiff.)

Adeel

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 17/07/2014 21:56:47
Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Thu 17/07/2014 21:21:43

But the bigger the buildup, the more awesome the payoff is expected to be. [...]

Yes, that's what I fear. The more the curiosity, the bigger will be the expectations. And I don't think I've got what it takes to live up to the expectations of the people. :(

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 17/07/2014 21:56:47
[...] We also still wait for that pic of your room.*

(* I can't hold the Kitten Gun up for too long, see? My arms get all stiff.)

I'm getting slightly better with the passing days. Perhaps a week or two, but once I recover truly, I promise to complete that dare asap.

PS: Feed that kitten, please. Poor thing's all skin and bones. :P

AprilSkies

Well, here we are guys and gals!

First of all, thanks to all the artists for their AMAZING paintings!
This time we have REALLY all Amazing entries!
It will be hard to choose your favourite 3 entries.... but you have to choose...

So it's officially open the VOTING TIME
Voting time is open 'till July 27th, 2014

To choose your favourite 3 entries, please visit our brand new "Monsta-Monna-Liza ART GALLERY":
Works exhibited in chronological order

NOTE: As you can see, in the gallery there are conteporary art statues by the famous artists Problem and jwalt. Those statues do not participate in the competition. They were already exposed in the "Ponch is in trouble now - Museum".

selmiak

Now that's a cool way to present the entries. So, do we rank our votes or do we just list our favourite 3 exhibits?

AprilSkies

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 22/07/2014 18:34:48
Now that's a cool way to present the entries. So, do we rank our votes or do we just list our favourite 3 exhibits?

Well, thanks for asking, selmiak.
As far as I saw in other Coloring Ball competitions, the usual way is to rank 1st, 2nd 3rd...
And I think that's the best way to vote.
If we can't choose between two or more entries, we have to state 1st (or 2nd) "equally placed", but the total votes must be 3 entries.

Ghost

selmiak

siliconangel

1st Hobo
2nd selmiak
3rd Tabata

The museum wall background is really nice. It makes me happy just to see my submission on it.:)

Tabata

WOAH!
Now that's an awesome presentation!

... and now here's the placement of my favorites:
1st    cat â€" for the coolest way to implement the arms ~ the only entry that really solved the task in my eyes 

2nd   Hobo- for the Mona-monster with a well done and good included fire spitting snake 

3rd    Arj0n â€" for the alien monster with obviously suicidal thoughts ~ because of the direction of the weapon â€" or is it filled with drugs like milk?  :shocked: (laugh)

Misj'

Since the rules state:
QuoteFill the space at the bottom (on the frame) with your signature. Picture without signature can't be accepted.

and there are only three entries that actually fulfill this requirement (the others added the name of the piece, not their signature*), so I will have to vote for them:

1. Hobo: Because the image really works as a whole; both in art-style as in theme. I can also see this image being part of some scary apocalyptic tale with the snake and the cloaked glowing eyed demon-like figure.
2. Siliconangel: Because I like the art-style, and there's actually some sort of 'what if Mona Lisa were...'-question in there.
3. Cassiebsg: It's weird...I really have no idea what to make of it...but that mouth and eyes are just plain scary.

There were some really creative entries in there...and some of you should really seek out professional help. There's something really disturbing about you walking around unsupervised.

* ok, strictly speaking these three are also doubtful to have painted their real signatures, but at least it's their forum-name. So to me it's true to the rule.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk