The Antipode prologue [tiny update]

Started by Eastwing, Fri 11/07/2014 07:22:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastwing

Hi everyone!

Danko Studios is glad to present "The Antipode prologue"

In the AGS terminology, game is medium length (or even short, test results will show). In fact, it is the prelude to the planned full-length game and its plot is only the first part of entire story and acquaintance with the game world.

The action takes place in a fictional world, on a flat Earth, both sides of which are inhabited by humans. People of both sides know about each other and even speaks very similar languages, but it's very difficult to get from one side to another. History tells us about two dozen successful transitions.

Technical development of the game world approximately equals beginning of XX century of real world, but there are significant differences (nope, it's not a steampunk).

Here is example animation of this location. Gif, 1.8 megabytes:
Spoiler
[close]

The protagonist is a pilot. His biplane constructed specifically for the flight from one side to the other (the world is such that it is theoretically possible). Pilot must check the possibility in principle of such trip and return with a report. Of course biplane crashed on the other side of the Earth :) Now pilot have to find other way home. So his attempt to get home is story of this game.

"The Antipode prologue" is a classic point-and-click adventure with dialogues, puzzles and combining items. There are some battles with the enemies and "stealth missions". Neither does stealth-action game - it will be a kind of puzzles. However, the main character can die if the player will not act quickly  or careful.

Graphics:
- 640x480
- Beautiful 32 bit background art and pixelart (w\o upscale) characters

Progress:
Story - 90%
Art - 10%
Code - 10%
Music & SFX - 5%

PS
Sorry my English, I could use help of translator :)

Gurok

Looks great! The concept is very interesting. Too bad it's only a prologue! I wish you luck with it and look forward to seeing updates.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CaptainD

Wow!  This looks lovely.  All the best with development.

AnasAbdin

Congrats Eastwing ;-D I was waiting for this ever since I saw your avatar! The concept is very interesting and the art is beautiful. Good luck!

AprilSkies

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 11/07/2014 09:07:45
I was waiting for this ever since I saw your avatar!

Me too! I swear it!

And yeah, you did not fall short of my expectations!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Eastwing

Thanks all!

Actually I'm not an artist, but I'll show him this thread :)

QuoteToo bad it's only a prologue!
I'd like to make full game but at this time we just don't have enough resources

Fitz

Quite an interesting concept, too. I'm a sucker for alternative worlds with different mechanics and different technologies!

selmiak

sounds and looks really good! I also feel sad that it's only a prologue, but hey, gimme dat! ;-D

Eastwing

QuoteToo bad it's only a prologue!
QuoteI also feel sad that it's only a prologue

Let's see the bright side: it is automatically means next game :)

shaun9991

Lovely graphics and cool concept. I look forward to this one :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Tabata

Sounds like an interesting story
and the graphics are really good (nod)

waiting for the first part now
     :cheesy:

whishing you lots of luck for the project
and that Danko Studio will find some helpers to get the other parts done, too ;-D

Eastwing

EliasFrost

This is cool, I like the artstyle and would love to see it in motion. :)

Eastwing

Okay, here some motion :)

This is example animation of second location from topic.
Gif, 1.8 megabytes
Spoiler
[close]

Adeel

The animations looks quite cool, Eastwing. Keep it up. I'm highly waiting to play this game! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk