Spoiler Free Walkthrough Site?

Started by juncmodule, Wed 23/07/2014 02:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

juncmodule

Hello,

Does anyone know of a site that specializes in spoiler free walkthroughs? I was looking for something that would allow you to go through tiered hints that progressively move towards explicit instructions. My google-fu didn't turn up anything. I was considering building a site to do this but want to make sure one does not already exist. Also, would there be demand for it? My assumption is that there would. Better yet, would you (as a player or developer) take the time to add walkthroughs to the site?

Thanks,
-junc

Gurok

The closest thing I can think of is UHS (http://www.uhs-hints.com/). UHS used to just be a shareware application, but it looks the hints are all available online now too.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Yeah, I try to avoid walkthrough asych as possible, but if I absolutely have to cheat, UHS is always my first choice.  Its a great system.

It's still not 100 perfect though, as sometimes spoilers can be in the wording of the questions to bits you haven't played yet. For example, you might accidentally see the question "how do I escape the nazi prison?" Kind of spoils the fact that you're going to get put in a prison by some nazis at some point soon.  But in general it's a great service for people who don't want to cheat but kind of need to.

juncmodule

Excellent, thank you. Yeah, this is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like they even pay for people to submit walkthroughs.

Thanks,
-junc

Erenan

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 23/07/2014 14:18:52
It's still not 100 perfect though, as sometimes spoilers can be in the wording of the questions to bits you haven't played yet. For example, you might accidentally see the question "how do I escape the nazi prison?" Kind of spoils the fact that you're going to get put in a prison by some nazis at some point soon.  But in general it's a great service for people who don't want to cheat but kind of need to.

Seems to me the best way to avoid this problem is to deliberately include fake questions in the walkthrough so that you never know if questions like that are spoilers of future events or just fakeouts.
The Bunker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk