3d ports of the classics

Started by cadeultra3, Thu 24/07/2014 23:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

cadeultra3

Anyone interested in working on 3d versions of these classic games? Weather in unity or udk etc? I am a professional 3d artist (ubisoft) but love these old games and would like to work on something like this. I've been working on a version of the time pod from Space Quest IV.

JStryker47

As a matter of fact, I don't know if you've heard, but Unicorn Tales- whom I'm a member of- has been working on a 3D remake of King's Quest IV.  Tragically though, our artist passed on last year and we've been searching for another artist to continue her work, so that we can release the game in her memory.  If you were interested, perhaps I could put you in touch with our crew and send you a link to our forum page.  Personally, I'm all for the idea of remaking the Space Quest games too, though finishing our current project is our top priority at the moment.

So, what do you say?

Sslaxx

So long as your contract with Ubi doesn't get you into trouble, cadeultra3. Definitely think an UE4-powered HD remake of Space Quest 3 would be a glorious sight.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Darth Mandarb

Years ago my brother and I were working on a (Half-life 2/Hammer) mod that was a combination of Space Quest I - III.  We had a REALLY good start but then life got in the way and we never got back to it.  Shame, we had some really cool stuff.  Had the entire interior of the Arcada mapped (and partially textured).  We even had this easter egg planned where you could use a different texture pack that would make the textures an EGA color palette (but still playing it FPS).  It looked really cool.  Maybe someday I'll pick it back up...

cadeultra3

I got the first scene of the arcada from SQ1 up and running in unity, and yes im looking to maybe port to unreal 4. This is the latest...

You can walk look and use items now. (No smell or Taste as of yet lol)

Sslaxx

Quote from: cadeultra3 on Thu 31/07/2014 00:17:44
I got the first scene of the arcada from SQ1 up and running in unity, and yes im looking to maybe port to unreal 4. This is the latest...

You can walk look and use items now. (No smell or Taste as of yet lol)
Did you ever see the first person Arcadia someone made in Doom 3?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk