SOLVED: Thick line across screen showing

Started by Slasher, Sat 26/07/2014 21:23:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi,

this is now happening. A gui fades in (ghost), text spoken, gui fades out and I am getting this thick red line and it stays on the screen:

800 x 600 16 bit.

Any ideas as to why?

cheers

Crimson Wizard

Your game is cursed?

Seriously, though, come on, slasher, you are here on forums for a very long time... Give more information!
What do you draw on screen, exactly? Dynamic sprites, guis, overlays? What drawing operations do you use? An excrept from script maybe?

Slasher

Hi Crimson,

Ok.

The GUI showing of the ghost is 280 x 260 with a button as the ghost. Normally set to off.

This GUI gets called when a timer (lapsed) runs out.

At the same time GUI Gas shows.

EDIT: Looking at the game now I've just spotted something across the Gas GUI..... I'll be back...

EDIT: Call me a liar but it seems ags redrew the gas sprite for the gas gui with an image bar across it. I say this as it was fine before. Anyhow I re drew the sprite and imported it over existing sprite and back to ok. So back to happy days (nod)

Code: ags

//Global repeatedly_execute()

if(lapsed==0 && Start_Game==true)
 if (Game.DoOnceOnly("GAS")){
 LLeft.Visible=false;
 LRemain.Visible=false;
 LET.Visible=true;
 LDeath.Visible=true;

SetTimer(2, 40);
 gGas.Visible=true;
 gGas.TweenTransparency(1.7, 80, eEaseOutTween, eBlockTween); 
 aRebecca_Music.Play();
 gRebecca.Transparency=100;
 gRebecca.Visible=true;
 gRebecca.TweenTransparency(1.20,40, eEaseOutTween, eBlockTween); 
 cCharles.Loop=1;
 BRebecca.Animate(24, 1,4, eRepeat);
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15, 300, "You must get out of here before it's too late!");
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15, 300, "The gas will kill you within fifteen minutes!");
 BRebecca.NormalGraphic=539; 
 cCharles.Say("But how?");
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15,  300, "My uncle has placed anti-gas pills in the cellar for his own protection.");
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15,  300, "You must find the bottle and take one anti-gas pill. It will stop the gas having any effect for quite a long time.");
 cCharles.Say("In the cellar you say?");
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15,  300, "Yes, in the cellar's storage room. Look for the blue bottle.");
 cEgo.SayAt(gRebecca.X+18, gRebecca.Y+15,  300, "I must go now: I hear my uncle calling me.");
 Wait(40);
 gRebecca.TweenTransparency(1.20,100, eEaseOutTween, eBlockTween);
 gRebecca.Visible=false;
 aRebecca_Music.Stop();
 aEerie_Music.Play();
 Need_Bottle=true;
 DisplayTopB(90, 8, 65535, "Problem: Gas.", "Find the anti-gas tablets in a blue bottle in the cellar.");

;)

Slasher

Don't mock the inflicted selmiak (laugh)

Anyhow, all sorted and it's a great game (if you have the bottle ;))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk