Mittens 2015 planning / discussion

Started by Grundislav, Sun 27/07/2014 05:07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: Eric on Thu 21/08/2014 16:16:00
When is Mittens usually held? The Pop Culture Association is meeting in New Orleans this year in the first week of April, and if any academics are among you, I'm sure they'd love some adventure game related presentations.

Mid summer.  That's a bit too early in the year unfortunately.

m0ds

Quote from: Radiant on Wed 30/07/2014 21:21:11
Do we have any AGS'ers in South America or in North Africa who could organize a Mittens? 8-)

Why don't you take a trip to Africa and find out? Nigeria, perhaps? :-D

AGA

Brazil is actually the #12 most visited from country on the site.  Egypt #56.  And those are just the first countries in those areas I could see.

Radiant

Quote from: Mods on Sat 23/08/2014 01:54:28
Quote from: Radiant on Wed 30/07/2014 21:21:11
Do we have any AGS'ers in South America or in North Africa who could organize a Mittens? 8-)
Why don't you take a trip to Africa and find out? Nigeria, perhaps? :-D

I was actually in Africa when I wrote Draconis. Hah! 8-)

Layabout

I wanna go to New Orleans. This plan sounds amazing. We should do July 4 there too since I can imagine that would be an awesome time.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Disco

Welcome to 2015 everyone!

I have sporadically been looking up some properties in the New Orleans and New England areas the previous few months, though it is hard to judge property size versus rents without having a clear(ish) idea of what we are expecting this year. Generally, the southern properties are a bit less in the rent department than the north-east, but both have good places that I believe are within reach.

So who is in? It seems like we haven't quite settled on a location as of yet. Anyone have any new ideas since the previous post?

July or August is my personal preference, though as per usual I am rather flexible with dates.

ddq

If it's New Orleans or anywhere in the American south, I'll definitely be there.

tzachs

Radiant

I don't think I'll have time for a trip to the US this summer, so count me out for now.

Grundislav

Count me in for New Orleans. Also a +1 :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk