Kerbal Space Program

Started by RetroJay, Fri 08/08/2014 02:18:57

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi All.

Sorry to post another thread (I have verbal diarrhoea tonight.)(laugh)

Anyway, Kerbal Space Program.
Does anyone here have this, pretty awesome looking space sim, and play it?

I only stumbled upon it two nights ago and downloaded the demo version of it to try.
At the moment I am hooked and have killed off so many Kerbals in my attempt to create a space worthy vehicle, capable of visiting the nearby moon 'Mun', that I am now a mass murderer.
Tonight was the maiden voyage of my new rocket and, it must be said, all was going swimmingly... That was until I overlooked a small technical detail and jettisoned the wrong section.8-0
This resulted in poor Mr Bill Kerman, my fearless/stupid astronaut, gradually disappear into the infinites of space in his un-powered space module, never to be seen again.:~(

As you can hear, I am totally enjoying the demo version and am thinking of purchasing the full version.

Are there any Kerbalers out there who have the full version and is it a good purchase?

Yours.
Jay (Captain James Tiberius Kerman).   

DoorKnobHandle

I'd love to get the full version but I can't afford it right now and it doesn't seem to go cheap in sales quite yet! Great game though, love what I've seen in Youtube clips and so on.

RetroJay

Hi DoorKnobHandle.

I heard that it's on Steam and that they are having a Summer deal on it.
I haven't checked it out, yet, so whether that's true or not... I don't know.
Not that it makes any difference to me as I refuse to create a Steam account. (I don't like what they do.)

Edit:
Just had a look on Steam and they are selling it for £20.00.
I may have to buckle and create an account after all.

Yours.
Jay.

DoorKnobHandle

I know, still a bit expensive for an early access game for me haha. I'm a poor student. As I said, lovely game though, I'm looking forward to owning it one day and giving it a try myself!

Snake

I see this game being played a lot on Twitch. Looks really good. I love the concept of it.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

RetroJay

Hi Snake.

Well, I took the plunge and bought it from Steam.
Really like what I have seen so far.
Obviously there is much more to it than the demo version, more to graphics, gameplay and even runs smoother.

I have been doing the tutorials which I find rather confusing, at the moment.
The worst one so far is the 'Orbiting 101' tutorial.
For some unknown reason I can't seem to orbit Kerbal, well... actually I do know the reason and it's because I'm doing it wrong.:-[

Anyway, I'm off to kill a few more suicidal kerbals now in my attempt to land on Mun.(laugh)

Yours.
Jay.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk