[SOLVED]custom Text Window

Started by Caracal, Fri 08/08/2014 12:28:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Caracal

For some reasons I can not edit the Text Window.

I have created a new “Text Window Gui” and it shows a box with 8 arrows in it (I guess the graphics that have to be replaced by my custom images) but it wont let me like... click on the arrows.  And there is no extra option, only background color, Image, Text color and Name of the Gui.
Also the bottom 3 arrows are not completely visible, since the gui is too small, but jet i cant change its size.

In the manual it says simply “You change the graphic for a corner in the normal way” and I would like to but I cant.
Its probably too easy.

Thanks for help in advance.

Crimson Wizard

You may select them in the list at the top of the Properties panel.

Actually, you may select them by clicking too, it just that their "real" size is much smaller than the graphic by default (10 x 10 pixels). Try clicking on the very top-left corner of "arrow" image.

This is a problem that AGS does not show actual GUI borders in visual editor.

Caracal

Ah thanks.
Thats really odd.
But however i am not pleased with the result. The textbox is in the game ways too large.
Is there a way to tell AGS that I would like to start a new line within the editor?
When I have a text displayed that says:
“you cant look at your items yet”
how do I make it to be shown like this fE:
“you cant
look at
your items
yet”
Besides the single graphics don't fit together smoothly in the game (in the editor they look just fine), although it has been created from one Phtotoshop image, so their shouldn't be a problem. Theoretically.

Thank you Crimson!

Slasher

Try:

“you cant[
look at[
your items[
yet”

[ = line break

Caracal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk