Female Character for Danger Mouse [NEW CHARACTER]

Started by Dadalus, Mon 11/08/2014 12:20:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadalus

Just finished recolouring :-

Darth I did this before seeing your post but it looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

I like the brown one though, thoughts?

EDIT : In situ

(background still a WIP (no critique yet)).
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

selmiak

Give her some colorful stripes.
Or, if you want to convince the player, that she is a koala, use the grey one.
But if you want to make the game you want to make use the brown one!
Rather write her some lines that make it irrelevant that this character's appearance is based on a koala, and maybe add some koala puns here and there. Yucca-Lip does taste remarkable and I koala't get enough of these puns... please make it better though :-D

Dadalus

I dont think stripes would fit, but I may play around a bit to see if your right.

perhaps calling her Koala Lumpa?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Dadalus on Thu 28/08/2014 22:24:22I like the brown one though, thoughts?

I like the brown fur too... but the brown clothes make it harder to read.  Maybe something like this: (again very quickly done)

or

(in this one I forgot to make the inner parts of the ear match the color of the face... not "needed" I just thought it looked better!)

Dadalus

Hadn't considered changing the clothing, was going for a leather look, but I like your thinking. Working on something else at the moment so I will post a fresh recolouring tomorrow.

Mandle

My two cents (which no longer exist in Australia but...) :

I like the grey version that Darth mocked up for you. I think your grey version is a little too pale and makes her look a bit ghostly or sick. For me the colours in Darth's repaint are pretty much spot-on.

I think brown is a bit confusing: It makes her look more like a bear which makes the cringe-worthy term "koala-bear" reverberate in my head. :-X

Lasca

QuoteYucca-Lip does taste remarkable and I koala't get enough of these puns... please make it better though :-D

High koala-t puns!

Dadalus

Revised recolouring, I think its almost there. Any final thoughts?

Darth Mandarb

I still prefer the grey but I love the brown as well!

Last suggestion would be to differentiate the color of the hat (particularly the part hanging down over her arm) a bit more from the color of the jacket/coat.  It takes a little longer to "read" the image when the colors of those two separate objects blend together!

I love the style/direction of this game!  Keep up the good work.

Mandle

The bit of her collar sticking out to our left: Any chance of adding a bit of an underside to it? It kind of looks a bit like something is sticking out of her neck to me.

Apart from that and what Darth said about the helmet flaps: Looks like a charming character for what is looking like a charming game!

Dadalus

I will do some little retweaks, the collar needs lowering and extending outwards. I think a little recolouring of the helmet is good advice.

I know you like the idea of gray but I'm just not comfortable with it, it doesn't feel right (to me anyhow :)).

I'll post a revised and complete character when Ive finished, but I think its time to wind this one down. EDIT: I want to move on to designing Fifi (DMs ex who is never seen in the show, and is from Paris, I was thinking a poodle but Ive scrapped that idea)

Thankyou to Darth, Mandle and of course Tabata you helped a lot it in pushing this character in the right direction.

EDIT : revised image

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk