Default custom User Icon

Started by Slasher, Wed 13/08/2014 08:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi,

I recently opened a game I was working on a few months ago and I noticed that the custom USER icon has defaulted to the windows icon though still runs the game.

Any ideas as to why this would happen?

cheers

Edit: Made a new USER Icon and still no go on this issue....

Version 3.2.1

Edit Edit: Changed setup to USER and USER to setup and still the same so the image must be ok and the problem lies within AGS.

Khris

Did you try to rebuild all files?
Are you actually getting a windows icon, as opposed to the standard blue cup icon?
Could you upload your user.ico so we can take a look?

Slasher

Quote from: Khris on Wed 13/08/2014 14:51:53
Did you try to rebuild all files?
Are you actually getting a windows icon, as opposed to the standard blue cup icon?
Could you upload your user.ico so we can take a look?

Yes, getting the windows icon.

Photobucket does not allow .ico files to be uploaded.

here is the png;

Other games display icons in compiled folder ok.

Here is the ico link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb1hmzveb3hmca9/USER.ico

Scavenger

That looks like a renamed PNG rather than an actual ICO file.

Try this file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50882197/temp/user.ico

Does it do the same thing?

Slasher

Hi Scavenger,

I can confirm that they both (setup and USER) came from the same Favicon image and are shown as icons in the games folder.

Putting your image into the game folder resulted in the same : window icon show in place of USER.

(roll)

selmiak

What happens when you re-compile another game where it worked before with the same AGS version? Make a backup of that other compiled game before overwriting it ;)

Khris

Slasher, I tested it with your ico file and it worked on the spot. If you are getting a windows icon instead of a blue cup, something else is wrong with the exe file. (Or Explorer.exe)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk