AGS Mix CD

Started by monkey424, Wed 13/08/2014 13:46:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Concerning the chill section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__QUo-UsWvM

it hits on 35 seconds, then the chillness smooths you
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

monkey424

Stu..
I like the themed playlist idea. I suggest Pop Masturbation Music for the next one.

Cap'n D..
I said ONE song suggestion not fucking five! Did you not read my simple instructions? Or are you trying to piss me off? Why the nerve! Your account should be suspended for this! Where's Darth Mandarb when you need him? But seriously, thanks for your recommendation. I've now listened to some Eliza Doolittle and Paloma Faith and decide I like them. However since you have already chosen Spin Doctors, the girls will have to wait for Pop Masturbation.

Duals..
I prefer Broken Social Scene to your earlier suggestion, Ride. So the new track will take precedence. Ride can go back in their box.

AprilSkies..
Thanks for volunteering to draw the album cover. I suggest AGS Anthems as the title (although Monkey Mix does have a nice ring to it).

CaptainD

Monkey - it just felt like suggestions for the slower tracks were a little... well, slow.  Just thought I'd reply before my account gets suspended! :P

monkey424

No worries. You heard the Captain people - we need to kick this shit up a notch. Faster songs! More suggestions!

AprilSkies

Here's my proposal!
(yeah There's no Beatles song, but who cares? It's so funny imo!)
:D

The posted one is small.

The real dimension (bigger one) (CD size 12 cm x 12 cm)
can be found HERE:
http://i.imgur.com/9yVeehI.png

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Tabata

Great choice!
I'd just prefer all of the characters to be found in the AGS-database :wink:

AprilSkies

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 16/08/2014 11:59:42
I'd just prefer all of the characters to be found in the AGS-database :wink:

Cool!
I can replace Guybrush, Roger Wilco and Sam with Ags games sprites.
Which characters do you wish want to see on it?
(note: I need one with no shoes to replace Paul McCarthney - Sam)

selmiak

for the chill stuff, I like 'Slow motion' by third eye blind, or the 'easy' version from faith no more...

Tabata

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 16/08/2014 12:09:20
Cool!
I can replace Guybrush, Roger Wilco and Sam with Ags games sprites.
Which characters do you wish want to see on it?
(note: I need one with no shoes to replace Paul McCarthney - Sam)
We are sitting here at the source - some developers surely donate a sprite of their main characters, don't you think?   :cheesy:

... and we also have some without shoes, like ...
Spoiler

[close]

AprilSkies

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 16/08/2014 12:26:09
We are sitting here at the source - some developers surely donate a sprite of their main characters, don't you think?   :cheesy:

Yeah!
So, Developers, Donate your sprites!

Post here the walking-loop frame you want to be used!!

monkey424

Love your work AprilSkies! Looks perfect to me. But if you want to add some AGS characters I suggest the classics like Trilby, Charley Foxtrot or the Blue Suited Man from Demon Day.

Hi Tabata! Why don't you suggest a track? Any German folk music you could suggest? Like Rammstein, or something?

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 16/08/2014 12:16:02
for the chill stuff, I like 'Slow motion' by third eye blind, or the 'easy' version from faith no more...

Thanks selmiak - love FNM! And great choice of song too. It's in at no.9.

I think our chill-out section is complete. Need more upbeat stuff at the start.

Tabata

Quote from: monkey424 on Sat 16/08/2014 13:26:49
Hi Tabata! Why don't you suggest a track?
me? ähem

I'm not sure that there are enough of you who like it,
but I love this german song very much  http://youtu.be/wCcJuN47UcY 
as for english I like a lot of Adele's songs like http://youtu.be/jCya1yiFFP4   (but all probably not the kind of songs you are looking for)
as for other (and faster :wink: ) music that might fit a bit better
I also like ,,normal casual" stuff like this http://youtu.be/hZMpUnXqvZ4   :grin:

monkey424

Cheers Taby.

I went with Hangover because the compilation desperately needed some of that upbeat 'normal' mainstream stuff at the beginning. However, I would have selected Halt Dich An Mir Fest had it been suggested earlier.

I've noticed there is a lack of female artists on the compilation, which is something I'm usually conscious of when making these CDs. There are many brilliant female artists out there.

CaptainD

Quote from: monkey424 on Sat 16/08/2014 15:29:07
I've noticed there is a lack of female artists on the compilation, which is something I'm usually conscious of when making these CDs. There are many brilliant female artists out there.

That's until someone seconds my two suggestions!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

monkey424

This thread seems to have lost its mojo! C'mon guys! What's your favourite song? Someone put Captain D out of his misery and back his second song suggestion (unless there is something you feel more worthy). What about some techno from the tech-savvy coders? Or a melody from the moderators? Or some psychedelic punk rock from the hippy flower children who lurk in the depths of the Advanced Technical Forum. What about some more music from AGS games? Post it here!

Ponch

My favorite dumb song. Super high energy. I work out to it all the time. Andrew W.K.'s "She is Beautiful" http://youtu.be/EmY1ubPiLF8

AprilSkies

Ponch, gimme a sprite of you (your avatar) walking so I can add it to the CD cover!

Ponch

My cow doesn't walk. She only dances or surfs. But the main character from my Barn Runner games walks. :wink:

jwalt

Not that anyone asked...   :)

AprilSkies

LOL jwalt! (laugh)

Well thanx Ponch, Barn Runner sprites is perfect for that!!! (and it's a game that deserves to be among the most popular ags games!).

so... the CD_COVER at the moment is this:

Waiting for two more sprites donation, come on developers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk