Finding placeholder graphics?

Started by bgordebak, Thu 14/08/2014 21:19:18

Previous topic - Next topic

bgordebak

Does anyone know any sources for placeholder graphics (legal) that I can use while learning AGS? I looked at opengameart, but found nothing useful for PnC adventures.

I don't want to spend a lot of time developing placeholder graphics, which I will never use. If there's no other choice, I'll have to do that though.

Edit: Nobody replied yet, but I can guess what will be my answer already. I should draw some very basic art, and go with it I guess. Anyway, if someone can provide an answer, I will appreciate though.

Mouth for war

did you check the contribution thread in the critics lounge? :)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

bgordebak

Quote from: Mouth for war on Thu 14/08/2014 21:57:19
did you check the contribution thread in the critics lounge? :)

Thanks a ton! I didn't know that thread. There are some great things there.

@Snarky: Sorry for not searching the forums enough.

Stupot

If it's just placeholder art, I wouldn't worry too much about the legalities. I normally just rip photos from google images. Find a table here and a bar there that are roughly at the right angle for the perspective I want, then make a little montage. It also serves as a good composite reference photo for when I try to do the 'real' art.

bgordebak

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 15/08/2014 00:56:12
If it's just placeholder art, I wouldn't worry too much about the legalities.

You're right, I shouldn't worry too much actually. All I want is my work-in-progress to look good, while I'm learning. I think I'm lazy.

I will do all the artworks in my games myself, so I don't want to spend time on placeholder animations. Backgrounds, yeah, I will do as you say, google images... Animations however, I have to do them I guess, since I couldn't find what I need. I like the placeholder animations in kafkaskoffee, but I need 3/4 view animations also. So, there's work before me.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk