Background Composition

Started by Priabudiman, Mon 18/08/2014 07:07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Priabudiman

Hey guys!

I have this WIP, attached is the very rough sketch of a current room im going to work on, i need some suggestions & comments regarding room composition and placements. what to improve / remove / add

Thank you,

Lasca

I think the overall composition and placement of things looks really nice! My only concern is the perspective, which looks really nice, but from my own experience it will make the character look a bit weird! Unless ofcourse if all the rooms are from the same high pv and you design the character accordingly or do a separate view for the character in this room.

Priabudiman

@Lasca

I think you're right. I will play around with the POV, the camera indeed looks to high.. And i'm only working on the player character in 1 POV

Snarky

Artistically it looks rather nice, but like Lasca says I think you'll run into technical problems.

It's a tough perspective because even if you were to draw the characters from a birds-eye view, it still wouldn't be consistent across the room. (In order to follow the perspective, the character would have to be tilted left on the left side, parallel with the walls, and right on the right side.)

You'd also have a hell of a time animating someone walking up the stairs, if you were going to do that.

Priabudiman

@Snarky

Yessir! currently working on a new VP,  and true.. i haven't thought much about the stairs.. hehe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk