Chef AGS

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 21/08/2014 17:36:37

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Every time I cook something I get to share it with someone. So I thought maybe you guys wanna share your foods and recipes too! So I made an apple pie awhile ago and wanted to share it with you all :-D Let me know what you think! Share your special recipes! Show us your cooking talents. It could be a stuffed turkey, a baked potato or even a cup of hot chocolate you just prepared and wanna share it!

I know it's a little piece of pie, this is my share and you get to have the rest! (laugh)
APPLE PIE
Ingredients:
Crust:
2 cups of flour
400gm of very cold butter
1 egg
small spoon of vanilla extract
2 table spoons icing sugar

Filling:
5 apples (I used green)
1 and a half cups of sugar
juice and zest of a lemon
1 table spoon cinnamon
1 cup of walnuts (or pecans)

Method:
Preheat oven.
Sift flour and icing sugar into a bowl. Add diced butter and incorporate them well. Crack one egg and add vanilla then mix again until all are incorporated.
Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

While cooling the dough, dice the apples and put in a saucepan with the sugar. Stir very slightly over low heat until the apples are soft and most of its water is out. Add the cinnamon and lemon zest and juice. Carefully stir slightly so you don't mash the apples. Turn off the heat and let cool a little while preparing the dough.

While the apple mix cools a little, divide the dough into 2:1 ratio (no need to be THAT precise). Spread the larger dough and put it in the baking pan covering its bottom and 1 inch of the edge. Put apple mix and add walnuts on top (break them into smaller pieces). Then use the smaller dough to make a cover on top. I usually make 1 inch wide stripes and put them crisscross.
Bake for 30 minutes at medium heat. Now ovens are different! You can have a look after 20 minutes to make sure of the baking process. Look at the color of the edges, if red remove immediately and let the pie cool.
DO NOT LET THE PIE COOL INSIDE THE TURNED OFF OVEN!

Crimson Wizard

Home Fast Meal With Fried Eggs and Lots of Calories:
2-3 eggs, leftovers from macaroni and/or fried potato, 1 big tomato sliced in thin rounds, all fried on pan for few minutes, adding some greens, salt and pepper. Completed in 5-10 minutes (depends on how fast you move) :tongue:.

monkey424

mmm mmmm!

What a delicious thread!

Here's my submission. It's an Aussie classic and very appropriate for a Friday night when no one in the family could give a shit about preparing a proper meal.

Shit on Toast

1. Take 1 can of Heinz Spaghetti.

2. Open the can and plop contents into a microwave safe container. Microwave for 4 minutes.

3. Toast two slices of bread with the toaster set to 3 (medium brown).

4. Butter the toast.

5. Remove spaghetti from microwave. Careful, it's hot!

6. Spread hot spaghetti on buttered toast.

7. Done!

8. Commence shoveling into your gob. And as the Italians say..

Bon Appetit!

Gurok

Open one packet of Mi Goreng. Add water and noddles to bowl. Put in microwave for 4-5 mins or until it beeps. Remove bowl, add soy+flavour+spice to the noodles. Stir, optionally drain and serve.

This cooking thread is working out well. Loving all of the recipes so far. Mmmmmm.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

straydogstrut

Great idea for a thread, allow me to treat you to two recipes :cheesy:

French Toast like my daddy taught me*

You will need:

• Eggs
  • Milk
  • Slices of bread
  • Granulated Sugar (Caster Sugar works too)

How to

• Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add some oil or butter.
  • Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add milk and whisk with a fork
  • Dip a slice of bread in the eggy mixture until both sides are covered.
  • Fry the soggy bread in the pan until golden brown.
  • Remove from the heat and sprinkle (read: smother) with sugar on both sides
  • Repeat for all the other slices of bread and enjoy

*I know it's not proper french toast but I've never bothered to look up the actual recipe

Saps

You will need:

• Bread
  • Milk
  • Margarine
  • Sugar

How to

• Spread margarine on both sides of a few slices of bread
  • Sprinkle both sides with sugar and cut into squares
  • Put the bread squares in a microwaveable bowl and pour some milk on top
  • Microwave for 30 seconds to a minute then enjoy the gooey sugary goodness

AnasAbdin

I can't stop imagining Crimson Wizard standing next to a cauldron (laugh)
Nice recipes fellas!
Here's a snack I just made, best way to make kids eat onions.

Onion Rings
Ingredients:
One large onion
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 cup of cornflakes
Oil for frying

Batter:
1 cup of flour
half a cup of cornstarch
salt and pepper
a cup of club soda
a pinch of paprika

Dip:
1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
half cup of light mayo
2 table spoons sugar
2 table spoons white vinegar
salt and pepper

Method:
Peel onion and cut into quarter inch rounds, carefully separate rings. If a ring breaks it's fine edible but not presentable :P In a bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper and paprika with soda. Whisk them well leaving no lumps. In another plate break cornflakes into smaller pieces and mix with bread crumbs. Now be tidy here specially if you're working alone.

I use this alignment due to the position of my oven and being left handed (from left to right): Frying pan, bread crumbs plate, batter bowl, raw onion rings plate.
Right hand: dip a ring in batter then put it in bread crumbs.
Left hand: Cover with crumbs on both sides then put in oil.
I found it's less messy to work one by one until there's no room in the pan. Flip the rings in the pan to cook on the other side as well.

In a small deep plate, mix yogurt, mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper: voila! Dip :-D

Cassiebsg

Every time I read the name of the topic, I think "Sounds like a nice game"... ;)

straydogstrut, sounds like some x-mas yummy sweet desert we have in Portugal, called Rabanada (though, here I prefer the sugar syrup to the sugar on top). ;)
https://www.google.dk/search?q=rabanadasbm=ischbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AKH3U_vuN6ak4gTMmYCACQ&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=762&bih=875
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Chocolate Cake & Meringues

Ingredients:
Cake:
2 cups of flour
1.5 cups of sugar
0.5 cups of cocoa powder
2 table spoons baking powder
1 table spoon bicarbonate of soda

2 eggs
1 cup of milk
0.5 cup of oil (or melted butter)
2 tea spoons vanilla extract
1 cup of warm water

Meringue:
4 egg whites
2 cups icing sugar

Method:

Preheat oven.

Cake:
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except water. Mix well until no lumps found. Add water slowly while mixing. Put mix in baking pan and into the oven for AT MOST 40 minutes. After 25 minutes check the cake: dip a fork in the middle of the cake and slowly pull it out, if stained then give it 5 to 10 more minutes.

Meringue:
Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until fluffy. The egg whites must create peaks when pulled up. Add sugar slowly while mixing, be careful not to over mix the eggs. After all sugar is added the mixture must be firm and glossy (If you want, you can separate the mixture now into different bowls and color them...). Using an icing bag, make any shape on a flat baking sheet. You can even make one big layer and break it after baking...
Bake them for 1.5 hours, do not open the oven before 1 hour passes. Tap the meringue with a spoon, if it's hard enough (sound) then take them out and let them cool completely.

WARNING: RAW CAKE MIX IS YUMMY AND not HEALTHY  :P

My cake has a huge canyon like planet Mars  :-D

Baron

Hey foodophiles,
      I'm not really that into cooking.  I've got 10-12 things that I can cook, and just keep cycling through them again and again.  If it's Monday and it's my cooking week, watch out for Tuna Melts!  ;)  But my favourite dish to cook is....

Crab Martinique à  la Bob

(It's kind of a recipe that I adapted from my dad.  And yes, I am well aware of my perverse usage of French gendered articles.   ;) )

So, here are the ingredients:

From left to right we've got sour cream, package of fake crab (flavoured white-fish: I ain't paying full price for REAL crab! (wrong) ), cup of basmati rice, bottle of crummy home-made white wine, bacon, rum, diced tomatoes, broccoli (just for a veggie side), giant puff-ball mushroom*, onion, bag of white mushrooms.

*Giant puff-balls grow out in the forest around here.  You can't mistake them for something poisonous because they are so freakishly big:  this is actually only a quarter of the original!  Oyster mushrooms are my favourite, but any mushrooms do just as well.

Step 1: Rinse the rice and let it soak (pictured, in bowl), cut up that bacon and get it frying, and put on some water for the rice (2x water as rice, lightly salted, in orange pot).  It's 4:55pm, which means the kids will be getting hungry soon: gotta hurry!

While this is happening do your chopping.  Usually I just chop the onion, as you can just crumble most mushrooms, but puffs do better cut into big chunks and I also had to get the broccoli small enough to fit in the pot.  As soon as the bacon is cooked, let it sit on some paper-towel to remove as much grease as possible, and wash that greasy pan too.  As soon as the pan is back in action, fry up the onions and all the mushrooms you can get your hands on (This is also a good time to get that rice into the pot, since basmati will take a good 20 minutes).  Usually I just use a dash of olive oil for frying, but puffs taste better when fried in butter so that's what I used this time around.  When onions and mushrooms are soft and browned, heat up a shot or two of rum in a small pot, toss it on, and light that sucker on fire! Au flambé!

Once the fire burns out and all that rum is caramelized, throw in the diced tomatoes (with juices) and a couple good plugs of white wine.  This time of year I usually like to use fresh tomatoes from the garden, but my wife mashed them all into spaghetti sauce preserves yesterday so there aren't enough ripe.  This is a good time to start steaming the broccoli or whatever side-veg is tagging along (asparagus works well...).   Then boil the contents of the frying pan down.  My dad would let it simmer for like an hour, but I just power-boil it until the sauce gets thick (5-10 min.), and then I turn off the heat and add the bacon, chopped fake-crab bits, and a dollop or two of sour cream.  I used to put a dash or two of chili powder in to give it a bit of kick, but the kids don't like it so now I don't.

Oooo, 5:36pm.  The troops are definitely hungry.  Time to serve!

OK, so I'm not good at the whole "presentation" thing on the plate, but it's good eating let me tell you.  And you get to play with fire: it's basically a win-win.   ;)

monkey424

Quote from: Baron on Thu 04/09/2014 02:46:06
I've got 10-12 things that I can cook, and just keep cycling through them again and again.

Yep! That's sounds like me. That's why I married a gorgeous girl who can cook!

Tonight my wife prepared a Chinese banquette including..

Home Made Dumplings!!

Look at monkey425.. she just loves 'em!

You'll love them too!

Here's the secret recipe..

1. First, you need dumpling skins. These are thinly rolled dough. You can buy these from any Asian grocery. However, as an alternative you could use thinly sliced bread.

2. The dumpling filling consists of mince pork, Chinese cabbage, egg, cooing wine, chives, cumin powder, salt and pepper. I understand there is a very specific and delicate method for combining these ingredients. As I don't have the patience for this right now, I'm using Heinz spaghetti as a substitute.

3. Dumplings can be cooked in a variety of styles including boiled or pan fried. Today, I'm using a jaffle iron.

4. Once sufficiently browned, remove the dumplings from the jaffle iron. Careful, they're hot!

5. Dumplings are best enjoyed with a Tsingtao beer!

And as the Chinese say..

Bon Appetit!

AnasAbdin

My my.. Baron you are truly an ~AGS Chef~ 8-0 using all your burners at once!
monkey424 the greenery clip art touch is awesome! Is that digital parsley or binary coriander? monkey425 is super cute! Send her lots of love :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I got hungry... I had 2 oranges... so:

Crepes Suzette

Ingredients:

For the Crepes:
1 and a half cups of flour (keep an extra half a cup in case the batter is too liquid-y)
Half a cup of sugar
3 Eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (liquid)
500ml or 2 cups of milk
half a cup melted butter
a tiny pinch of salt

Sauce:
2 Oranges
2 to 3 Table spoons Sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
Optional: a dab of butter

Method:

Crepes:
In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until the eggs look light yellow. Add vanilla, milk, melted butter and give them a soft stir. Add flour and salt, and whisk until no lumps seen. Balance your batter's consistency by adding a table spoon of flour (to make it thicker) or quarter cup of milk (to make it thinner).

Heat a skillet, add a little dab of butter, using a brush (or a tissue!) make sure the skillet is covered entirely with a thin layer of sizzling butter. Using one specific scoop to pour in the batter will guarantee the sizes of the crepes are the same. Pour the batter in the middle of the skillet moving outward in a spiral. Then quickly swirl the skillet to make sure the batter is a thin layer covering the surface as possible. Cook for less than a minute, have a peek using a fork under the crepe to see if it's done, if cooked to golden brown flip it and cook for 30 more seconds. Remove it and add the next one...

Sauce:
(I used the same skillet without washing it right after removing the last crepe)
Zest the two oranges, then juice them. Add the juice to the skillet, add sugar, stir and let them boil. Now lower the heat, add orange zest (be careful of the amount sometimes orange zest gets a little bitter) After making sure the sugar is completely dissolved (add a dab of butter if you like), take one crepe and cook it in the sauce for a minute. Remove and add another...

If you like, you can serve it with ice cream... you can serve anything with ice cream!

AnasAbdin

Since I'm a workout freak, AND I take the stairs to the 8th floor every hour during work, AND most importantly as an AGSer, I treat myself to goodies every once in a while.

Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

Cookie dough:
1 cup flour
1/4 ts baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 ts salt

1/2 cup of soft butter or a stick (not melted)
1 ts vanilla (liquid)
1 egg

1 cup chocolate chips

Stuffing:
nutella :-D

Method:
Preheat the oven (around 320 degrees)

Mix soft butter, vanilla and the egg well. Put all dry ingredients in another bowl and give them a quick stir making sure they are uniform. Add them to egg-butter-vanilla mix and beat gently (I used a fork) then use your hand a little making sure it reached the consistency of a raw cookie dough (figure it out yourself... :P ) Add chocolate chips and give the dough another quick mix.

You can either take a spoonful of dough for each cookie or in my case (lover or large cookies) you can eyeball the amount you like... Flatten it on your hand (or on a cookie sheet but you'll have to lift it off and put it on your hand to stuff it) then add a small dollop of Nutella in the center, bend the outer sides creating a dough ball with a Nutella bubble trapped inside. Put the ball as it is on the cookie baking sheet. Repeat until dough is done. Make sure the cookie balls are a little apart for they will collapse a little and spread when baked in the oven.

Bake for around 10 minutes (or until golden then take them off) even if they seemed a little soft it's ok. Let them cool completely then serve.

Dualnames

NOW I'M HUNGRY AS FUCK, THANKS GUYS!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AnasAbdin

Simple sandwich with a French touch :-D

French Toast Smoked Turkey Sandwich

French toast ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
1 ts sugar
1 ts cinnamon
3 slices of toast

Method:
Mix egg with milk, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Heat a pan with a ts of butter. Put a toast in the batter and flip inside the batter to make sure both sides are soaked. Put in hot pan. Cook, flip, cook.

I made three slices, used mayo, sweet relish, lettuce, smoked turkey, Cheddar, ketchup and mustard.
Banana added for monkey425 :-D

Peder 🚀

Man... you make some really tasty looking stuff AnasAbdin :D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Peder on Sun 24/05/2015 16:56:13
Man... you make some really tasty looking stuff AnasAbdin :D

Thanks Peder :) you and all AGSers are most welcome to have some:

Spring Rolls

Stuffing Ingredients:

1 medium sized onion (~ 1/5 a cup)
1 garlic clove
1 carrot (~ 1 cup)
1 small cabbage (~4 cups)
1 cup of green peas
1 TS ginger
1 chicken stock cube
2 TS soy sauce
1 TS sesame oil (optional)
1 TS white vinegar
salt and pepper (less salt since soy and chicken stock cube are salty)

I got the dough from a store... but you'd have to make glue paste by either using 1 beaten egg, or 1 beaten egg-white or a mixture of white flour and water. I've done the latter.

Oil for frying.

Method:
Let the frozen spring rolls dough thaw an hour before doing anything.

Julienne chop all veggies except the ginger and garlic, chop them real fine. Heat 3 to 4 TS cooking oil in a pan. Add onions, keep an eye until transparent then add garlic and chicken stock cube. Add salt and pepper. Then add all other ingredients leaving the cabbage for last (they cook quicker). lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes until most of the liquid is gone and the vegetables are fully cooked BUT still crunchy.

Turn off the heat and let cool. Now the spring rolls dough is delicate to use. It's been more than an hour since it's out of the freezer. Unwrap them and put them on a damp kitchen cloth and cover them as well with a damp cloth. Each time you carefully take a sheet of thin dough cover the rest. Put a spoonful of stuffing near one corner of the square dough. Fold it until the half, then fold both the sides inward. Put a little glue paste on the remaining opened corner and roll to close. Continue the process until you're out of dough or stuffing. Or if you are lucky both (laugh)

Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry the rolls until golden then take them out on a cooling rack to drip excess oil and cool. Never put them on a tissue or paper as they soak the oil and make the rolls damp.

I didn't have time to prepare a dip so I used a small cup of ketchup, 1 TS dijon mustard and juice of one lime.

MiteWiseacreLives!

If you just sold spring rolls in the evenings (after midnight preferably), I would bet you could earn enough to make games full time.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sat 13/06/2015 03:28:51
If you just sold spring rolls in the evenings (after midnight preferably), I would bet you could earn enough to make games full time.

Will think about it :-D

:-D :-D :-D Brownies :-D :-D :-D

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
1 cup of white sugar
half a cup of vegetable oil
1 ts vanilla

half a cup of flour
pinch of salt
half a cup of cocoa powder
quarter ts baking powder

Method:

Preheat oven.

Mix oil and sugar well, add 2 eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Then mix dry ingredients in another bowl. Add them to liquid.
Grease a pan or use parchment paper, pour mixture into pan and bake for around 25 minutes or until the edges are dry and separated from the pan.

This method is for chewy brownies with harder edges. Consume with milk in a blue cup.

Stupot

Home made Kimchi

Here's a kimchi recipe I adapted from A video on Facebook. I forgot to take pictures of each step but here's a general gist of how I did it:

Ingredients
1/4 of a hakusai (aka napa cabbage)
1/2 a daikon (long white Japanese radish thing)
5 spring onions
Salt
Kimchi base (yes I cheated, you can make your own with a mixture of ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and Korean chilli flakes)

Recipe:

1) Chop the cabbage and daikon as desired. I chopped my daicon into 1cm cubes, and the cabbage and spring onions into about 2-3 inch strips.

2) Put the cabbage into a bowl and rub a load of salt into it.

3) Then put a bowl or something heavy into the cabbage to weigh it down. Leav it for about two hours at room temp.

4) After two hours, drain all the cabbage juice from the bowl and rinse the salt off.

5) Add the daikon and spring onion to the cabbage.

6) Add the kimchi base to the bowl and mix thoroughly.

7) Push the contents into a jar and try to make sure that all the vegetables are submerged in the juice.

8) Put the lid on (I put it on lightly because I'm worried about kimchi explosions), and leave to ferment at room temperate for 2-5 days (depending on your taste).

That's as far as I've got. It's been two days, but I'm going to leave it a few more. Them I'll report back with the results.

AnasAbdin

Looks yummy. Also good luck to the person living with whoever going to eat that! (laugh)

AnasAbdin

ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ BURGERS ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef

Buns (laugh)
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Pickles (I used relish)
Mayo
Ketchup
Cheddar
Salt and pepper
Butter

Method:
Make beef patties, then refrigerate while getting the sandwich ingredients. Heat a skillet, put patties (no need to add any fat, the ground beef should have a little fat) WHILE they are cooking, sprinkle salt and pepper, flip, sprinkle salt and pepper. Put cheddar on the patties, after half a minute or so, add about a quarter cup of water to the pan and cover to steam-melt the cheese for a few seconds only. Remove when done. If you made a thick one like I did, try to push it a little to the side of the skillet to cook the sides and preserve the juices inside.

In another clean skillet, add butter on medium heat and melt it. Cut the buns and put them on the butter with the inner side down. Remove when golden (remember we're doing only the inner side of the buns)

Now the sandwich assembly, it's up to you, but I like the burger to be on top. So I do this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ Bun top ~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ Ketchup ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Cheddar ~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Burger ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tomatoes ~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lettuce ~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ Pickles ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ Mayo ~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ Bun bottom ~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serve with root beer!

AnasAbdin

Guilt free Banana Oats Cookies

Ingredients:

2 large bananas
2 and a half cups of oats
1 tb cinnamon

Method:

Preheat oven.
Peel two large bananas and mash them in a bowl using a fork or a masher. Add one table spoon of ground cinnamon and mix a little. Add one cup of oats and mix well. Add the rest of the oats and mix. This amount is enough to make 12 cookies. So separate the dough into 2. Each part into 2. Each into 3 :P

Put in cookie tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how moist/dry you prefer.
I call them guilt free since they only use the sugar in the bananas. Perfect for breakfast or snack at work. You can add guilty ingredients such as raisins, dry currents, honey... or even less guilty such as nuts.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Hold on a second!
Your building your burgers all wrong!!  8-0
The patty HAS to go on the bottom.

AnasAbdin

You're right :) I tried the above example once and got stuck to it from the habit only. I usually put the patty on the lettuce and everything else on top.
MMmmm I'm gonna make some burgers now (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
Crust:
2 cups of flour
400gm of very cold butter
1 egg
small spoon of vanilla extract
2 table spoons icing sugar

Filling:
2 cups of chunked pumpkin
2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk ( + 1 egg white for another purpose)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 table spoon vanilla extract (liquid)
2 table spoons ground cinnamon
1 small spoon powdered ginger
1 small spoon cloves powder
1 small spoon nutmeg powder

Method:
Pumpkin Puree:
Preheat oven.
Bake diced pumpkin for at least 40 minutes (or until soft enough to mash) take them out, before they cool start mashing them using a masher or a fork (or you can use a mixer but with the remaining filling ingredients)

Crust:
Preheat oven.
Sift flour and icing sugar into a bowl. Add diced butter and incorporate them well. Crack one egg and add vanilla then mix again until all are incorporated.
Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Assembly:
If you want to use a mixer you can add the other filling ingredients to the baked diced pumpkin then into the mixer. Give them a wiz until they are liquid. I did them the old fashioned way.. I mashed the pumpkins using a fork, then added the milk, spices, eggs and vanilla. I used a whisk until they got well mixed. Set the mixture aside.

Get the crust out of the fridge and knead it on a floured surface until it is round and larger than your baking pan. Put into the pan and decorate the edges... keep remaining dough (if any) for later decorations :P with a fork, poke little holes in the bottom of the crust and blind bake it for about 15 minutes (or until lightly golden) Get it out, now quickly while it is hot, brush egg white mix on the bottom surface. The egg white will harden a little and prevent the crust from getting soggy when the filling is applied.

Now put the filling and bake for at least 30 minutes. The timings I'm providing here are what worked with my oven. But I didn't take it out until I stabbed it with a knife and it got out clean.

While it is baking, I made leaves and flowers with the extra dough. After 20 minutes of baking the pie, I took it out and put the leaves and flowers on top then continued baking.
Serve with whipped cream (laugh)

Adeel

You are one fine cook, Anas! Those burgers look delicious indeed.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Adeel ;-D hope to see more recipes from you 8-)

AnasAbdin

Does anyone cook around here?? Come on guys don't you EAT? 8-0

ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ Hot Dog Chili ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ

Ingredients:
1 pound cooked Hot Dogs
1 medium sized shallot
4 green chili peppers
2 cans of Red Kidney Beans
1 can of corn
1 small can tomato puree
1 room temp beer bottle (another cold one to drink while cooking :-D )
3 table spoons cooking oil

Spices:
Black pepper
Salt
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Cumin
Chili flakes
Paprika

Taste:
2 table spoons honey
2 table spoons white vinegar
1 table spoon soy sauce
2 table spoons pomegranate molasses
1 tea spoon mustard

Method:
Heat cooking oil in a pot. Add minced shallots, chili pepper and all spices. Frying spices in oil is a must. Add minced hot dogs. Keep stirring and lower heat a little. Once shallots are transparent and the hot dogs are a little darker, add tomato puree and stir. Add red beans, corn and stir. Add honey, vinegar, soy, pomegranate molasses and mustard. Stir a little then add beer. Stir to make sure all incorporated. Let boil for 5 minutes, then put lid and turn of the heat. Leave it to cool a little while covered, then serve.

Jack

Koos' Awesome Curry

Ingredients:

About 400-500g of beef mince
Half an onion, sliced, quartered
A large potato
A large tomato

~3 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tblsp mild chutney
~1/4 cup soy sauce
~1 even tsp undried garlic & ginger (this is just ground ginger and garlic. Actually scooping it out, the measurement is more like half a heaped spoon)
~3 tsp salt? (I use the shaker and estimate the needed amount based on how much of what is in there. Start with 3, then salt to taste)
1/2 tsp curry powder
1-2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp or more of chilli/cayenne pepper if you like it hot

Doing it:

Heat a large enough pot to medium heat, add about a tablespoon of your cooking oil of choice.
Boil about two cups of water and submerge the tomato in it in another container for several minutes, then submerge the tomato in cold water for a few seconds. This loosens the skin, which is then easily removed and discarded, since it tends to cause acid reflux. Cut the tomato into small pieces.
Cut up the half an onion and add this to the pot. It should sizzle. Within seconds, add the mince and turn to lowest heat. Add the Worcestershire and soy sauce. This will drop the heat so that the meat does not become disagreeable.
Add the garlic&ginger, salt, pepper, curry, chutney and tomato. Mix it well with a fork, separating the mince that has stuck together because of the initial heat.
Add the potato, diced into cubes about 1cm or smaller

Cover the pot and cook at low heat for at least an hour. Serve with brown rice, spaghetti, etc.

I'll add pictures next time I cook it.

milkanannan

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 11/12/2015 12:02:14
Guilt free Banana Oats Cookies

Ingredients:

2 large bananas
2 and a half cups of oats
1 tb cinnamon

Method:

Preheat oven.
Peel two large bananas and mash them in a bowl using a fork or a masher. Add one table spoon of ground cinnamon and mix a little. Add one cup of oats and mix well. Add the rest of the oats and mix. This amount is enough to make 12 cookies. So separate the dough into 2. Each part into 2. Each into 3 :P

Put in cookie tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes depending on how moist/dry you prefer.
I call them guilt free since they only use the sugar in the bananas. Perfect for breakfast or snack at work. You can add guilty ingredients such as raisins, dry currents, honey... or even less guilty such as nuts.

Very nice!

AnasAbdin

Jack: sounds yummy! Looking forward seeing the pic (laugh)

Thanks hello123, hope you try them too :P

Jack

Thanks.

What temp for the oats cookies BTW? ~220c?

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Jack on Thu 28/04/2016 22:20:50
Thanks.

What temp for the oats cookies BTW? ~220c?

It really depends on many factors. It is the same temp/time you usually bake your own cookies. For my 'fan-less' oven, big cookies take about 12 minutes at 180c. The smaller the cookies the less time they need.

AnasAbdin

ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ  Lemon Cake  ââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆââ€"ˆ

When life gives you lemons, make a lemon cake!

Ingredients:

2 cups of flour
half ts baking soda
1 ts baking powder
pinch of salt
4 medium sized eggs (or 3 large)
1 ts vanilla
1 tbs lemon zest
quarter cup of soft butter
quarter cup fresh lemon juice
quarter cup of water
1 and a third cups of sugar
half a cup of oil (corn canola..)

Sauce:
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbs corn starch

Method:
Mix flour, BS, BP, salt in a bowl. In another bowl mix soft butter with oil then add sugar, (mix lemon juice with water then add them) add eggs one at a time then add vanilla and lemon zest. Add the dry mix slowly while beating.

Prepare a baking pan then add the cake mix and bake for 30-40 minutes at medium-to-high depending on your oven. While baking, put all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and mix until they boil then remove them immediately as they thicken.

Serve when everything cool dowm ;-D

Mmmmm raw cake mix!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk