[HELP FOUND] Coder needed - Dustbowl combat system

Started by Pixelton, Fri 22/08/2014 06:24:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixelton

Hello all.

I'm currently working on a little game called Dustbowl (a post apocalyptic game) in an old school palette and look (using a c64 colour palette). I'm looking for a coder that I can work with to help me build a simple combat system like the original Final Fantasy system, basic: Attack, Use(health/grenades/etc) and Escape.

The emphasise for the whole game design is simplicity so I'm not looking for anything too indepth - just fun and quick. My scripting knowledge with AGS isn't too bad when I'm using AGS for AGS (in the box) things, but the moment I have to dip my toe out of that box I'm lost.

Some art?

(main point'n'click adventure view)

(Some room art)

(combat example)

Game Story
As mentioned, you're are a member of an underground civilisation living in the aftermath of a shattering event which almost destroyed the world. The outside is a dangerous and mutated world were only the brave go looking for essential supplies to keep your vault society alive. Your father interrupts your sleep one night panicked and tells you that he has to leave the hub and may never return, and that it's impossible for you to join him on his last adventure. Lost without him you must become a stalker of the dead world and find answers.

Combat Ideas
Again, I want the combat system to be quick to develop (if a combat system can ever be quick to develop), so I'm not looking for anything in depth and complicated. When the player enters some rooms they may have an enemy that will automatically initiate combat or the player in some situations maybe able to initiate combat with a mouse mode (if you need to attack some NPC's in the story).

The player will have a Attack Skill (for hitting), every weapon will have a Weapon Strength for damage and armour will have a Toughness for negating some of that damage. That is about as complex as I'd like to go. Of course there will be usable items that can be selected during combat in the form of consumable healing and grenades that effect the enemy, i.e: Flashbang (Skip enemy turn), HE Grenade (large damage), Rare Ballistic Knife (Kills target outright) etc.

Alittle About Me
I've used AGS on and off for a number of years but never made anything substantial admittedly, I've worked in the games industry for about 8 years and I'm currently employed full time at a studio in Scotland. But what I'm looking to do is go indie and pave some kind of way to do that.

But all the mentioned things are up for change, I really am happy working with someone in creating a fun simple combat system. Actions speak louder than words, so if you've enjoyed what you've seen above and like the idea and where it can go then please feel free to PM me.

Cheers all.
Mac
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Pixelton

Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk