JACK..... a journey into the Ripper murders!

Started by Slasher, Mon 25/08/2014 16:26:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

I think ChestPecRespect's point is based on the assumption that most players don't want to look at photos of dead people!

That said, it looks like you have a very complex game here Slasher, I love the whodunit idea and the attention to historical details really make the project stand out.

Maybe the deceased could be represented by a gravestone with the victims name and date of birth/death engraved?

ChestPecRespect

Not offended by it exactly and I've seen worse but it is kind of haunting to be seeing actual photos of dead people when you just wanna play a game.
And this is probably pushing it but those victims had families (they're probably someone's great, great, great, great..) and it's kind of disrespectful to be using their faces like that. Only my 2 cents. :wink:

Fitz

As haunting as these images might be, it's a game about Jack the Ripper. Not exactly a rom-com -- so I see no reason to sugar-coat it, either. Plus, Slasher didn't pull these photos off of some snuff database on Darknet or TOR, post-mortem pics of the victims are on Wikipedia for everyone to see. Hell, I've seen evening news show worse. Do I need to see pictures of a reporter or social worker about to be butchered by a religious fanatic whenever my homepage pops up? While I'm eating?! No, thank you. So whom do I sue?

Slasher

Here is a video of Charles investigating Lord Busby about a card of his found at the murder scene of Mary Ann Nichols:
(Voices not included with this video)

[embed=700,450]http://youtu.be/SUWtZJrrOiI[/embed]

Game progress 90%

On Schedule

Thanks to all those helping produce this game ;)

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Oooops

should be public now..............

cheers

Cassiebsg

Looking great! Love the nose! :-D
Keep up the great work.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 13/11/2014 18:40:17
Looking great! Love the nose! :-D
Keep up the great work.

Another sense mode for sniffing out clues (laugh)

Game progress: The hunt for JACK is almost over... can you identify JACK and then catch JACK? (laugh)

More Ripper suspect male voices required.. urgently....

Mandle

Just watched the video and I must say that I'm way too excited to play this game than I can even manage to type rig...

Slasher

JACK is now in the process of being tested.

* Still could do with some male voices.

Police chief
Suspects

Slasher

JACK (the Ripper) voiced version is almost completed (after a year!).

Expect release in June ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk