Here's my blog

Started by Janos Biro, Wed 27/08/2014 00:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Janos Biro

Here's my blog. About games and... stuff? Now you can judge me.

http://janosbiro-en.tumblr.com/

;)
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Baron

Your blog has not been updated recently....  ;)

I read through the first page: your analyses and responses to the emotional/spiritual elements of the games are intriguing, although in many cases I wished you had given more detail about both the game and your reaction to it.  I had only played one of the nine games on the first page, so often I found myself lacking enough context to either agree with you or disagree.  So from my perspective it read more like a catalogue of games that would be interesting to someone looking for emotionally evocative games, while I get the sense that you meant more to convey a deeper connection between you and the game, and indeed the reader as well.  So.... consider yourself judged.  :P

I will admit to only browsing through your non-game related posts about contemporary alienation and spiritual yearning.  You seem very well read, and you've clearly put a lot of thought into your subjects.  But what's your agenda?  Who is your target audience?  Why would I want to read this?  I think you need to be more overt in your blog's "branding" (*gasp!*) and establish a clear overarching message: something simple enough that the reader can "get" within the first 20 seconds, before the heavy slog through the philosophical quagmire.  No, I don't mean "dumb it down", but I do mean make it accessible.  It seems a little ...intimidating at first glance. 

Janos Biro

Great! Thanks Baron. A real useful feedback. I wasn't expecting that! But thanks. I always had this "problem": I'm not very accessible. But I'm not complaining. I'm not aiming for success.

This is the English version, and it is shorter than the original version, at least for the game reviews.

It will be updated daily from now on. Still more boring and confusing posts that I'm translating from Portuguese. I do not recommend it. :P

I have no agenda. I stumbled on those complex subjects because I'm weird. Other weird people will find it and like it, maybe. Trust me: You would not want to read it. Hope I'm not being rude. Crazy, at most, but not rude.

Thanks

Baron

Quote from: janosbiro on Wed 27/08/2014 03:42:47
I'm not aiming for success.

I do not recommend it. :P

Trust me: You would not want to read it.

Now I don't mean to pry, but ....why?  Why would you write a blog and intentionally discourage readers?

Janos Biro

Gilbert

But but but... you posted a link to your blog, suggesting people to visit it and you don't recommend people reading it?

Okay. I know there is no reason behind it, so I'm not asking, just stating it.

Retro Wolf

@iceboty. It's a psychological experiment!!

Lasca

Is he really discouring people from reading it? Isn't he just saying that it believs not everyone will enjoy it, and that creating something popular isn't his intention?

QuoteI have no agenda. I stumbled on those complex subjects because I'm weird. Other weird people will find it and like it, maybe. Trust me: You would not want to read it. Hope I'm not being rude. Crazy, at most, but not rude.

Ghost

nickherc

I found your latest blog post about passion and violance very interesting. Just add a different background please, my eyes hurt. :wink:

Janos Biro

New contest: Make a new background for my blog. Winner gets a Steam Key for Syberia 1 and 2, or another Steam game.

KodiakBehr

Steam games are the currency of the future.

Adeel

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Mon 20/10/2014 23:12:55
Steam games are the currency of the future.

I can't help but to agree with this!

miguel

Adeel that's a damn good avatar. Welcome back Janos.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Adeel

Quote from: miguel on Tue 21/10/2014 13:22:58
Adeel that's a damn good avatar. Welcome back Janos.

Thanks, miguel. AprilSkies made it for me. ;-D

arj0n

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 21/10/2014 16:00:29
Nice one. Is it based LSL? (lsl5, 6 or 7)?
Well done Mr. AprilSkies! :)

Adeel

Quote from: Arj0n on Wed 22/10/2014 13:20:48
Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 21/10/2014 16:00:29
Nice one. Is it based LSL? (lsl5, 6 or 7)?
Well done Mr. AprilSkies! :)

I didn't think of that before! Now that I see it, it indeed looks like it was based on LSL's type of portraits.

AprilSkies

Hey guys I grew up with Larry.
But too much off topic!
Very inteqesting blog Janos

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk