I saw a UFO (Not a flying saucer) ;D

Started by Mouth for war, Wed 27/08/2014 21:16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Ok so earlier tonight me and my girlfriend were going home by car and suddenly something in the sky caught my attention. It looked almost exactly like a star but it was shining more bright and it was kind of odd because the sun was still shining and there were no other stars in the sky. There was no clouds as well. Anyway, this shiny object moved in a very weird pattern and suddenly it just faded away against the blue sky (No hiding behind a cloud)  The shape of the object didn't look like an airplane either, it was just round and shining. It had no other lights and airplanes don't move like this object moved. Does anyone have a wild guess what I saw? :)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

cat

Mouth for war

Ahh yeah that was probably it! Case closed. That was fast :D thanks!

monkey424

Mouth for war

Changed my mind...Yeah it was definately a space taxi :grin:

Stupot

Does the ISS move about up there, then? I mean I know it orbits Earth but can they control it at all?

Mouth for war

I didn't know you could see it from Earth but It sounded like the most logical thing...I saw some videos about seeing ISS from Earth and it looked quite similar

NickyNyce

There are also thousands of satellites up there, and hundreds that you can see with the naked eye that are in low orbit.

Mouth for war

Could be...but I wonder. Do they move in such a weird pattern? Up,down left right fast and twitchy?

Stupot

Maybe whatever the light was, you weren't looking directly at it but at a reflection of it in your car window. So as the car is bumping around the reflection of the light bumps with it and gives the illusion of moving around.

Mouth for war

No it was aliens planning to take over the world and force us to listen to lady gaga and eat moldy cheese!!!!!!! :-D nah i dunno. Probably nothing special :-)

m0ds

Haha nice :) IMO You're likely to be left with a strong sense of it being genuinly abnormal if it's an actual "UFO". Meaning, there would be little doubt in your mind you actually saw the "real thing". Because the real thing generally defies all of your rational logic. If you have quite a bit of doubt, it's more likely got a rational explanation, like weather balloon, normal kids balloon floating away, quadcopter, iridium flare, tumbling satellite, or ISS as cat mentions. Bottom line is - who knows? It's not like other people have never seen something strange :)

Did you search for other UFO sightings in and around your area? Sometimes they can match up to your own, even if they are years even decades old. Example - I've twice seen a star/ball of light move across the sky at extreme speed, along straight compass directions. And looking over other reports in my area, it seems to have been seen by many others since at least the 60's.

Anyway yeah these things are out there and are genuine but public knowledge about them is limited. A daytime sighting is a lucky experience! The real problem is, is that there's very little that can be done after the few seconds sightings themselves, other than wonder... It's a bit late now, but you should also check something called NOTAMS if you have a/another sighting. I can't personally find the one for Sweden (I think thats where you are?) but if you look at the UK one you'll see it lists just about everything that could be going on in the sky - it's a requirement for safe air travel, from laser shows, firework displays, to restricted airspace due to filming, air shows, special plane movements - it's very useful for "ruling out" certain things.

Finally - do you think you have an inner acceptance of such things? Are you a "definitely no aliens" kind of guy, a "maybe" or a "there definitely are such things" kinda person?

Wyz

The twitchy movement can actually be caused by the way light is refracted by the atmosphere. It appears to move all over the place while in fact it is moving in a straight line because the atmosphere does not have the same thickness everywhere and the light is refracted differently in every spot. It's like looking at something on the bottom of a swimming pool especially with lots of waves. It would only happens for things outside the atmosphere; so not for planes.

The moon up close as viewed from earth:
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Mouth for war

Oh I'm totally "There must be something out there" kind of guy :D I've had some encounters also with what I would like to say "paranormal" so I Believe in stuff but I'm not naive. I Always try to find the most rational explanation...but when you know that you are alone in a room,totally awake and suddenly hear a fucked up laughter from the closet...you know something's not right (Happened to me at my brother's house. it was only him and me there and he was sleeping in a room in the other end of the house. I fucking froze and couldn't move. I was no way near to fall asleep or tired. I was watching TV in the room i was staying in and suddenly that sick laughter just came from the damn closet) I have been slapped in the back when i was home alone too, that was also quite creepy :)

m0ds

Cool! Well, not cool about laughing cupboard ghosts... The open-minded part := A couple of new videos that reminded me of your thread - as the "illuminated dots in the daytime sky" thing has been quite active lately, so food for thought!

Oct 3 news report
[embed=480,360] <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jrbLuDZlSao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/embed]

Though him describing a flash and zoom off caught on camera but no footage shown a bit suspect!

Oct 2 utah objects as mentioned in above report (pretty naff video, hard to see them)
[embed=480,360] <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SXj44x1pEVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/embed]

Stupot

Hehe. I was browsing some old threads and I realised this thread is a sequel to this one:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=45182.0 :-)

Mouth for war

Hahaha oooh i remember that now. People started to be not nice to each other and stuff :-D it is kind of a sequel yeah hehe

m0ds

Indeed, a forum full of fiction writers, you'd think would be easier to penetrate... with alternative ideas/info, that is ;)

miguel

I'm so proud I didn't go on a fight with somebody over that old thread. It appears I only told fart jokes.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Gilbert

I'm just curious, so I'll ask here fellow AGSers (especially native English speakers).

How do you pronounce UFO?
1. Just spell out: U-F-O
2. Yu-Fo
3. Others.

People here always use 1, but in some places like Japan and Taiwan they prefer 2. I just want to know how westerners in general pronounce the term.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk