Deadly consequences!

Started by Slasher, Sat 30/08/2014 17:59:53

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Quote from: slasher on Sun 31/08/2014 16:06:33
Anyhow.... a lot of stuff has been fixed and the game is ready (again) to download... ;)

Do old savegames work in the new version?

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Slasher

Sorry AprilSkies (wrong)

It's not to long a game to complete (one says (laugh))

Thank you for your comments.

Anyhow thanks ;)

Slasher

Hi chaosgodkarl

I have took what you have said onboard and necessary changes will be made (nod)

QuoteI think that this game is one where multiple endings could have played a factor. The "normal ending" where you put the ravens in the box and escape, and a "good ending" where you manage to find Moriarty and actually beat him somewhat instead of just being a pawn in his little game. To me the ending was just a disappointment in that you just put the ravens in and leave and that's it. There should have been more.

Spoiler:
Spoiler
The reason why you never meet Moriarty is because I want to keep him as a mysterious figure. Your paths will cross again (nod) I wanted to keep the ending simple and the quirky remark from Queen Victoria I found typical and so funny (laugh) I really wanted this game to be an introduction to Charles Davenport more that anything else.
[close]

Pit Spoiler:
Spoiler
Regarding the Pit and the Nuts Room: a new game version has been uploaded that covers previous issues found and are now resolved (nod)
[close]

QuoteLast, not sure how I feel about Rebecca. At first I thought that she might have just been an illusion too. But I am not so sure now after seeing the ending. When I think of this I think of Sherlock Holmes, and I believe that Holmes didn't believe much into the supernatural thing. I thought there would have been a trick behind it.

spoiler:
Spoiler
The idea about Rebecca is to give you an insight into Moriarty: controlling, wicked, intelligent if not somewhat mad etc etc.
[close]

Thanks for your comments ;)

Kitty Trouble

Sure. You might want to edit your quotes to have [.hide] tags though so that people coming in don't see the ending.

A minor bug:

Spoiler
After you've found the secret room, if you try to go in the dark room with a candle before time expires and the gas is released, he uses the line "It's a good thing I've got this candle. I need to find the anti-gas pills." The interaction with the pills is as normal (it won't let you take them) though.
[close]

Shadow1000

I downloaded and completed this game yesterday. I really enjoyed it. I reminded me a lot of DSM: are we alone?, which I completed a few weeks ago. The similarity is in the sense that they are essentially going from room to room and solving puzzles to achieve a specific goal, which is a bit different than most adventure games.

Overall, it was well made and a lot of fun. The graphics and visual effects are pleasing. The sound and music are appropriate. The voice acting is a nice touch but something about the voices were not recorded clearly. I liked the Sherlock Holmes reference with Moriarty being the villain. :) Using a spell check or proofreader for the written text would add a bit more polish.

Spoiler
I noticed that the bag of nuts said "flour" when you point to it. Is this a bug or oversight?
[close]

Thanks for a fun game and good luck on future games!

SHADOW

Stupot

Just played this on hard mode. Got down to the cellar before dying. But had to finish there. I will play again and try to improve my performance.

Nicely done game, man. You've squeezed a lot of decent puzzles into quite a short game. Well done, sir :-D

Myshkin

Congrats on the release Slasher!
Was fun to work on this, now I just need to find time to actually play it ;)

Saurabh

Yey! Completed it with almost no hints. Train puzzle really boggled my mind, I goggled a lot learning about various steam engines. Finally, thankfully answer was in the game itself. It was quite enjoyable and weird game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk