MAGS September: "Cross-country" (VOTE)

Started by Atelier, Mon 01/09/2014 23:30:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

A MAGS in half a month? Is that even legal? :tongue:  Should we call it a HAGS game instead?

Mandle

HanaIndiana please make sure you finish your game whether you make the deadline or not! I'm so in love with your game concept and must play it!!! It sounds like it could be truly awesome!

The big thing with your type of game I think is game balance: How easy/hard it is to reach the goal, so I'm quite happy to offer my services for testing when (not if (laugh)) that time comes...

Best of luck!

Now I'm off to play....erm I mean playTEST (keep forgetting that bit cos it's so damn fun!)...Red Hot Overdrive again ;)

Myshkin

I think the size and quality of my game is a testament to how long I worked on it :D
Still, I'm glad I completed it! I think a full month on that game might have been overkill.

Looking forward to seeing the others! HanaIndiana it looks like you've set out a lot of work for yourself - really hope you finish so we can play it!

Mandle

Down to the last 10 days...How did it go so fast???

Well, I have about another available 4-5 full days to make my game happen before it's time-up...

* Mandle plugs in the nitro. Vrooooooooooom!!!

Cassiebsg

And I haven't even coded the interactions... :/
Working the 2nd to last location atm.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

beta-testing... :shocked:
Now I can play Emont's one!

@Cassie go! finish it. You can!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

HanaIndiana

I'm no where near done. It's going to be a looong weekend of constant back and forth between 'woohoo!' and 'No! why?!'. The usual coding session amirite.

Cassiebsg

All locations are now in! :) (though I have a few more rooms, but I'll add them only if I have the time, as they are non essential).
Though a few screens are way too messy and need polishing. But at least I can now travel thru all rooms.
Guess tomorrow I'll still be working BGs and NPCs. And maybe intro+ending... maybe...

Think I'll call it a night, and go sleep.

Mandle

Well, I managed some pretty solid progress yesterday, coding faster than I thought I could, which was a nice surprise!

I'm starting to get excited about seeing my game actually finished which seems like an actual possibility now instead of a vague distant blurry thingy.

Tomorrow and the next day are gonna be crunch time as after that I'll be busy with work, well except for next sunday but I'm optimistically reserving that for tidy-up time.

Good luck to everyone!

miguel

Thanks Mandle, I too made some progress and am now confident that I'll release a MAGS game.
The initial plan was to include a arcade sequence but it proved too faulty and buggy and I just took it out, although I was pretty happy working with rotating sprites and the likes for the first time in AGS. Next time maybe I'll come out with something.
Anyway, it's going to be a short but intense game (I hope) and although very straightforward I managed to squeeze some intros and outros in.

Hope everybody finds the time and heart to finish their projects.
Good luck!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Mandle

Quote from: miguel on Mon 22/09/2014 12:47:48
Hope everybody finds the time and heart (and ability to not get divorced) to finish their projects.

Cheers mate for the inspirational words there...

Stupot

Seems there might be a nice little selection of games this month. Good luck to everyone taking part. X

AprilSkies

One question to the developers that are going to entry the MAGS....

Are you sleeping during these nights ? ? ? ?

miguel

I know Mandle isn't! I've got 87 messages with updates that I haven't managed to download!
I'll test your game buddy, just let me finish mine!

AprilSkies

Don't worry ;-) Just finish yours the best way.
My tests are almost finished... now I'm setting up... and polishing a bit... and I need to sleep.

miguel

I was talking about Mandle's game but yeah I'll test yours as well if you really wish so! :=

Adeel

If anyone needs a flexible (not really), unbiased, experienced (not really), beta tester, send me a PM. ;)

Cassiebsg

I need to sleep...unfortunately, but yeah my sleep ratio has been shorten a great deal, but I'm just glad I have free from Thursday to next week's Wednesday. ;)

I still don't know if I'll have a playable game from start to finish by the deadline though. Yesterday I spend the day just cleaning one BG, one NPC and coding the dialogs, interactions for that one NPC, and realizing that I'm adding possible unintended "dead ends" and having to solve them, so that the player doesn't end as stuck in time as the character (reads: unable to finish game, due to me not predicting something)... .
I think like other games, that this one has run out from me and grew slightly bigger than intended.

Anyway, if anyone want to volunteer to alpha test and proof read my English just let me know.
Adeel, you're welcome to be beta tester for mine. :) If I actually can have something to call beta by the end of the week...
If anyone wants to Alpha test, please also PM me. :) It should be possible to travel through the entire game (except the ending).

Mandle

Good to hear everyone is making progress...

I'm closing in on end-game territory, but still need to tidy up the front-end of the game a bit...

Excitingly, AprilSkies has selflessly done all the graphic design on my GUIs, which make my game look much more beautiful than it deserves to be...

Now I gotta go back and try to make my crappy graphics at the front end look just slightly worthy of his work...

DAMN YOU AND YOUR INCREDIBLE TALENT APRILSKIES!!!

Cassiebsg

Quick update... Special guest has now been added and interactions added.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk