Spacetime Monkey here!

Started by Spacetime Monkey, Tue 02/09/2014 16:30:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacetime Monkey

Dear adventurers!
I thought I'd never manage to get past that tricky test of yours. But here I am, venturing into the world of the Internet as seen in the year 2014 and saying hi from my very first stop.

Who am I and where did I come from?
The honest answer is: I don't know. The more pragmatic answer is: I go under the username of "Spacetime Monkey" and am contacting you from the year 2054.

But how? Isn't time-travel impossible?
That is cute. Is that what you thought back then? Seriously though, information transmission is in fact very possible. I haven't got a clue about the technical aspects of it, but I know the hardest part of time-traveling is being granted permission to do it. I am not completely sure how I received one, but I can now watch the Internet from the past unfold before my very eyes and even contribute text data to it. I could even send you a text monkey if you want me to.

So, how did I get here?
You mean how I got past that forum admission test? It was very difficult. There seems to be 25.194.240 ways to solve the test, and only two of them will let you go through. Most of the questions were sensible and funny, but I still don't understand why calling someone "an epileptic monkey" should be unacceptable. I think it is funny and cute, and pointing it out to someone might make them realize their drawing hand is really shaky and that they might want to work on it. Or was it because of the grammatically unacceptable multiple exclamation marks!!! That would make more sense. Anyway, I passed it in the end and I have to say, if all of you passed it as well, this forum is full of really intelligent monkeys. But that doesn't really answer the question of how I got here, does it?

Do you have more questions to ask? Of course you do.
Are there aliens among us?
Will I get a hoverboard in the future?
Who has taken over the world?

Tough, I'm not allowed to answer to any of those questions. But you can ask me all sorts of other questions to which I probably won't know the answer either. But feel free to try.

Spacetime Monkey

monkey424

I like the cut of your jib, sir. (That seems to be the catch phrase of the week.)

CONGRATULATIONS for passing the AGS entrance exam!!

Quote from: Spacetime Monkey on Tue 02/09/2014 16:30:10
this forum is full of really intelligent monkeys.

From one intelligent monkey to another, I'd like to say welcome to 2014!

Quote from: Spacetime Monkey on Tue 02/09/2014 16:30:10
Who has taken over the world?

I think we all know the answer to that. The recent Planet of the Apes movies suggest we are all headed for a global primate take-over in the not too distant future. You are no doubt a member of this new ruling-class of feisty felines.

But I do have some questions..

1. What awesome AGS games can we expect in the future?
2. Have you heard this awesome song SPACE TAXI? (It really gets stuck in your head!)
3. What is the next Planet of the Apes movie going to be called?

NickyNyce

Just tell me who wins tonight's Yankees game.

That test is to insure that we keep out the crazy people. But it's not fool proof. ;-D

Baron

Is it just me, or is this season's crop of no0bies a whole lot cooler and more intelligent than usual? ;-D

Welcome, Spacetime Monkey!  Is there any possibility that you and SilverSpook can get together and create some sort of freakishly awesome love-child game? :=  Or, even better, if such a collaboration has occurred in your past, can you set me up with some sort of time-link?

Adeel

Quote from: Baron on Wed 03/09/2014 03:45:26
Is it just me, or is this season's crop of no0bies a whole lot cooler and more intelligent than usual? ;-D

Your share my sentiments.

Hi Spacetime Monkey.

A question for you: Will I able to long enough to see 2054 or would I've already committed suicide a long time ago? :(

Spacetime Monkey

Monkey424,
thank you, kind sir monkey424!

The "recent" Planet of the Apes, you say? I have heard of those movies! But I always thought they'd come out in the 20th century?
I can, however, assure you no such thing as real monkeys actually taking over the world has happened yet. Heck, they haven't even grasped simple concepts like compound sentences.

I know we were both joking, but in order to prevent any confusion, I should perhaps point out I'm not really a monkey, either. "Monkey" is a term clever or unique or creative people would use to refer to anyone who isn't as important as them. If you call someone a monkey, you imply they are either deaf, dumb or blind (or all three) to whatever is happening around them, or that they are just aping other people's behavior. Personally, I don't see it as an offensive term. I think monkeys are rather adorable creatures, and I believe everyone has a little figurative monkey inside them, no matter how smart they are.

Onto your questions now!
1. Sadly, I have no means to check. There is no freely available public search engine I could use in my version of the Internet. I tried to put the website's URL into the address bar, but it didn't yield anything of use. Just a commercial for holidays in adventurous places like a new generation of virtual sensory chambers. No mention of any 40-year-old games there, I'm afraid.
2. Is that a song from your time? I couldn't listen to the whole song... disturbances in the connection. Yes, very poor Internet connection.
3. Lunchtime of the Planet of the Apes. But don't blame me if they change it in the end because they'd seen my post.

NickyNyce,
Probably one team or the other!

Baron,
I don't know whether to feel flattered or to feel sorry for any past season's no0bies you might have offended.
And thank you! Who is this SilverSpook you speak of, and what is the cut of his jib, sir? I followed your link and saw a lot of text, but nothing to put it into perspective.

Adeel S. Ahmed,
hello to you too. I am very upset to hear a question like that. Unfortunately, I have no means to tell you the answer, but I'll tell you this much:
Only one way to find out what 2054 really looks like, and man it's exciting!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk