Scary4Digits 2014 Halloween Game Development Competition

Started by RedChu, Fri 05/09/2014 04:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RedChu

STARTS: September 20th, 2014 @ 00:00 UTC
ENDS: October 30th, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC

64Digits proudly presents the 4th annual Scary4Digits game development competition. Since 2011, Scary4Digits has been a staple competition of the 64Digits community; everyone in the community comes together to compete against one another, make games, and have fun - then come Halloween night, play all the creations in a spooktacular fashion.

The tradition isn't changing this year, but the way themes are handled is. Historically, a single theme has been given for participants to use, but this year will be different; each entrant (solo participants and entire teams) will be randomly assigned 3 themes from a precompiled list of themes, meaning each entry will be following a different set of themes. Themes will be completely open to interpretation to promote creativity and thinking outside of the box.

Many years ago, I stumbled upon Adventure Game Studio and messed around with it a bit, but it was really the games others had made that made such a lasting impression on me. This is why I'm inviting AGS users to participate in this competition - I'd love to see what you guys can come up with!

CURRENT PRIZES (subject to change):

1st Place

$165
Construct 2 Business Edition License
$30 worth of Steam games (of your choosing)
Competition winner's badge on 64Digits

2nd Place

$70
$10 worth of Steam games (of your choosing)

3rd Place

$25

NOTE: All participants will receive a free trial for Unity 5 Pro.

SPONSORED BY

Click here for more information about Scary4Digits (rules, themes, and other general information). If you already have an account at 64Digits and wish to sign-up for the competition now, you can fill out the applicants form here. You can also check out @Scary4Digits on Twitter and make use of the #Scary4Digits and #S4D14 hashtags when referring to the competition and/or your entry.

I hope to see you there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk