Colour scheme test

Started by WHAM, Sun 14/09/2014 13:49:02

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Here is a link to a gallery with 4 colour schemes (A, B, C and D), please rank them to your order of preference (focus on readability, ie: which one you feel would be the most comfortable to read text off of).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ljvaur6h0lk3yf/AAC6roVfCVMCEhhmlyaJdc_Va?dl=0#/

Cheers in advance!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tabata

Cassiebsg

A D B C (I'm bias to blue, and the red and green hurt my eyes at first glance).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ghost

selmiak

D (with a white font), A/C, B

bicilotti

Tabby has a smiley for everything :cheesy:
A C B D

Crimson Wizard

Readability:
A, B, C, D.

Emotional:
A - thoughtful sci-fi game
B - mysterious sci-fi game
C - wargame
D - depressive (horror?) wargame

WHAM

Theme-wise, I was going to go with B or D, but since the project idea I now have requires a LOT of reading, it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 16:17:41
it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

There's just something about blue. It's soothing and goes with everything- good choice (nod)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 14/09/2014 17:02:32
Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 16:17:41
it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

There's just something about blue. It's soothing and goes with everything- good choice (nod)
Actually it is also boring because of that :).

This scheme was used since days of DOS (and before):
Spoiler

[close]

Eric

What you need for readability is a high degree of contrast between your figure and your ground (i.e. your letters and your background). You can do this with brightness, hue, and saturation. That's why A works best (followed, in my estimation, by C).

WHAM

Bright green on black has always been my go-to colour scheme and I've always found it very readable and well-contrasted. Not many people agree for some reason... :/

CaptainD

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 19:06:53
Bright green on black has always been my go-to colour scheme and I've always found it very readable and well-contrasted. Not many people agree for some reason... :/

Ah, the classic display settings of terminals for many years... in the years before everyone had their own PC at work! :-D

Mandle

WHAM

abstauber

ACDB for me. But for some reasons I like the VirtualBoy/Terminator scheme a lot, it's just not easy on the eyes.

Ghost

Another nice and readable colour sheme that you didn't try out:

[imgzoom]http://iwatcher.net/shot/af3f122e0509b6ffc5d51f061c12a584-320x480.png[/imgzoom]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 15/09/2014 13:30:26
Another nice and readable colour sheme that you didn't try out:
Also, with less contrast, "Bespin theme" as in Notepad++:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk