AdventureX 2014 - 6th+7th December - London

Started by , Tue 16/09/2014 14:48:24

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Watch live/read schedule: http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk
Print a schedule! http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk/docs/AdventureX_Schedule_2014.pdf

AdventureX 2014
http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk
Sat Dec 6th and Sun Dec 7th

Sponsored by Skygoblin
WADJET EYE GAMES - SCREEN 7

FREE ENTRY

Special thanks to the London South Bank University BA (Hons) Game Cultures course/professors!

Please Tweet about the event! Use hashtag #adventurex

Doors open 10:30am. Show ends 6.30pm daily. Join us for drinks on Saturday night at nearby pub!

Special Guests
Jon Hare
Dr. Ernest Adams
Josué Monchan

More special guests to be announced!

Talks/features/panels/masterclasses
Kevin Mentz
Mark Estdale
Alasdair Beckett-King (Ali)
Pieter Simoons (Radiant)
Dave Gilbert
Jon Ingold
Francisco Gonzalez (Grundislav)
Tom Kitchin
Florian Mehm
Stephen Brown
Stuart Lilford
Mathias Johansson
Joey Jones

Demos/games on show
The Devil's Men
Cargo
The Weavers
Technobabylon
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
A Golden Wake
Downfall (remake)
Absent II
The Legend Of Hand
Jason The Greek
Captain Disaster & Troll Song
The Apotheosis Project
Nefastos Mis-Adventures
The Slaughter
Exgenesis

Exhibitors
SkyGoblin
Fenton Film Games
Grundislav Games
Yeppoh
Science: Gamed
JD Wasabi Studios
Geek Is Chic
DreamFever LTD
Cloak And Dagger Games
Scared Square Games
48h Studio
Screen 7

...many more yet to be announced...

Preliminary floorplan:

AGS attendees (and those interested to attend) include:
AGA, Azure, m0ds, Miez, Dave G, Grundislav, Technocrat, Ali, IntenseDegree, Stee (maybe), Cat, Magintz, CaptainD, shaun9991, Andail (maybe), ddq (maybe), Blount, Yeppoh, MattFrith (Tier),

More info and website to follow.

Although you will be required to use the website to formally submit a request to exhibit, talk etc - if you have ideas or want to note that you're interested to do something, feel free to say it here for now :) It'll be just a few more days til the website is up. regards!

PS. Also, special guest ideas, speaker ideas... now is the time to let it out, before anything gets confirmed/sorted by other means :=

Grundislav

Thanks, Mark. I'll be booking flights within the next few days!

Excited to attend my first AdventureX!

I'd also be interested in doing a talk/panel.

Radiant

Glad to see this is happening again. I'm interested in attending as well, although I can't promise yet that I have the opportunity to travel then. I would be interested in doing a talk and/or panel, just like last year.

AGA

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 16/09/2014 18:35:38
Thanks, Mark. I'll be booking flights within the next few days!

Excited to attend my first AdventureX!

It'll be good to see you after your missing the last two Mittens like some sort of bastard.  It'll give you an opportunity to bring me the handmade, signed boxed copy of your game you totally promised me you'd bring me.

cat

Is there another girl who attends and would be willing to share a hotel room? Hotel prices in London are just crazy!

Yeppoh

Yes!

The flight has been booked way before the official thread was online. I has become a tradition for me to attend. I hope to exhibit new stuff in my game (and not stammer like I did last time). And I will try to invite a friend to exhibit his game as well. Maybe two friends.

I'm still considering of doing a panel about sprite animations using After Effect, but that'll depend on how my fluency has improved.

Matt Frith

I am in as always (can't believe I'm not included on the regular attendees!! :P). Hopefully I will have something meaningful to show this year...

straydogstrut

Count me in for this one - I still have fond memories of the first and only AdventureX I managed to attend back in 2011 :-D Watching videos of the last two i'm super excited for this one. There's a hashtag and everything :shocked:

It looks like AdventureX is going from strength to strength, well done Mark. Give me a shout if I can do anything to help since i'm London based.

Sslaxx

Would like to try and make it this year... dunno if I can (proximity to Christmas, and of course the ol' bugbear that is money), but I'll try.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

CaptainD

I'm planning to show Troll Song and Captain Disaster in Death Has a Million Stomping Boots - both now planned for release in the Summer of 2015.  Possibly also A Playwright's Tale... depends on how the rest of the team feel.

Looks like there's a Nandos near this venue just like the last one, which is a very important point to note. ;-D

Grundislav

Booked my flight!

I'll be showing A Golden Wake as well as unveiling the next project I'm working on with Ben304. An AdventureX exclusive! AdventureX-clusive? I don't know.

Also racking my brain for a suitable topic to talk about.

FNGames

It was a great event last year and looking forward to coming back! :)
I'll be there on the Saturday with a playable demo of Absent II on show. :)

Speaking of which, think it may be time to update the official thread... :p

Adeel

Will there be a live stream this time too? I can't attend in person because of many reasons, I'd like to attend the event virtually, though.

Grim

I'll be coming too. There's gonna be some people there I want to meet;) Like, all of you, I guess;)

shaun9991

I'll definitely be there. May have something to show... will confirm when my co-game-maker person gets back from his holiday.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

m0ds

Adeel, good point. Positive there will be a "live stream machine" again yep, but keep in mind all the technical stuff in this facility is unfamiliar to us, so it won't be without its hiccups I'm sure... But I'm pretty confident it will work well enough for special guests and key talk segments this year. I should be able to avoid the problems we had last time too (sound cutting out), but can't say that the image quality will be any improvement over last year :P

cat

Just booked my flight - looking forward to seeing you guys and lots of interesting talks and presentations!

Dave Gilbert

Booking flight/hotel now! As always, I'm down for a talk/panel/whathaveyou.

Adeel

It's okay if the image quality won't be high, Mods. I don't have fast enough internet connection for HD Stream anyway! :tongue:

m0ds

Haha :)

I noticed some comments about accomodation. Mm, them hotels are NOT cheap are they 8-0

For those that maybe can't afford such an expensive option: I suppose people can sort out hostels for themselves, but this time I'll highly consider renting a dorm for the benefit of AGS visitors if there is interest, of say one room of 4 (mixed) or 2 rooms of 4 one for M one for F. PM me if you think that could help you out, up to 3 night stay Fri, Sat and Sun, and walking distance from Elephant & Castle (http://www.safestay.co.uk/en/faq/). It'd be about £75 each (and i'd have to do it so its 75 if you stay 3 nights or just 1 or 2, to recoup the cost). I just need to get an idea of how many rooms (of 4 or 6) could be filled.

Of course it'd be cheaper to do it by yourself and get put in a standard mixed dorm. This way could ensure that we're in rooms with people we know though... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk