Please take this gaming survey for my school.

Started by monkey0506, Tue 16/09/2014 21:04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

We're conducting a demographics survey in my intro to video game design course. I'd greatly appreciate if you could take this survey for me:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VZWJW3B

Thanks!

Baron

Done!  It's only 60 seconds folks, so get in there an help a brother out. :)

Mandle

Done! One thing though, there is no option for "I mostly/only play free games" in the question about when/how you buy games.

monkey424

Done. I was about to put $0 for annual expenditure on games but then recalled paying some amount for the recent AGS bake sale. I vaguely remember it was around $5 or something. I'm ashamed I didn't pay more. :-[

monkey0506

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 17/09/2014 02:38:26Done! One thing though, there is no option for "I mostly/only play free games" in the question about when/how you buy games.

That honestly hadn't occurred to me. I tried to make the survey as broad as possible, while still geared toward "gamers". I'll make note of the feedback to the class as well.

I greatly appreciate the feedback from everyone. We have somewhat of a competition going in the class, so every response is appreciated! :=

Adeel

Done! :smiley:

When asked: "When are you most likely to buy a game?", I proudly answered: "Never/When someone else buys it for me" :=

Gribbler

abstauber

straydogstrut

Done Monkey's Survey Monkey Survey..thing

Interestingly I can tell right away that i've almost completely moved to digital downloads rather than retail copies purely for convenience.

Stupot

Done. Do you want us to share it on Facebook and stuff for more results?

Ghost

HanaIndiana

Done!  ~10 hours a week, wish it was 50+.

Intense Degree

Done.

I only wish some of the answers could have been higher!

Tabata

monkey0506

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 17/09/2014 13:41:43Done. Do you want us to share it on Facebook and stuff for more results?

If you don't mind, that would be awesome!

Quote from: Intense Degree on Wed 17/09/2014 16:55:33I only wish some of the answers could have been higher!

Which questions, specifically? Hours spent playing? Because I doubt anyone actually spends over $9000 every year on gaming. :P

Also, if you're interested you can view the responses from the first 100 people surveyed* (sorry, I can't afford a premium account!): here.

*But still, for the purposes of the class, the more people that actually take the survey, the better.

cat

Only 23% do physical sports? C'mon guys, get off that couch and do something ;)

Erenan

Getting a soda from the fridge is doing something. :tongue:
The Bunker

Cuiki

By the way monkey, is that design course you're taking focused on adventure games specifically?
Not to spoil the fun, but if it isn't, you should probably get as many non-AGS people as you can to take the survey and balance out the results a bit. Because with adventure games in the lead like that, I think you're hardly getting a very representative picture at the moment. ;-D
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Mandle

Quote from: Cuiki on Wed 17/09/2014 22:13:14
By the way monkey, is that design course you're taking focused on adventure games specifically?
Not to spoil the fun, but if it isn't, you should probably get as many non-AGS people as you can to take the survey and balance out the results a bit. Because with adventure games in the lead like that, I think you're hardly getting a very representative picture at the moment. ;-D

But I thought everyone's clocks stopped in 1991...8-0

Intense Degree

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Wed 17/09/2014 20:16:22

Quote from: Intense Degree on Wed 17/09/2014 16:55:33I only wish some of the answers could have been higher!

Which questions, specifically? Hours spent playing? Because I doubt anyone actually spends over $9000 every year on gaming. :P

No, no, I meant my answers rather than the available options, as in I wish I could spend more time and money on games! :-D

Adeel

I noticed that my "other" answers were cut, for some reason.

monkey0506

Adeel, I don't believe you were in the first 100 responses. SurveyMonkey only displays those results on my free account. The overall number is still shown though, so that's what our class will take into account this afternoon.

I know posting the survey here may have skewed my results, but I'll see how it ranks up against others as well, which should give us an idea of how extreme the bias is.

Adeel

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Thu 18/09/2014 15:26:34
Adeel, I don't believe you were in the first 100 responses. SurveyMonkey only displays those results on my free account. The overall number is still shown though, so that's what our class will take into account this afternoon.

Fair enough.

Good luck!

Cassiebsg

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Wed 17/09/2014 04:10:30
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 17/09/2014 02:38:26Done! One thing though, there is no option for "I mostly/only play free games" in the question about when/how you buy games.

That honestly hadn't occurred to me. I tried to make the survey as broad as possible, while still geared toward "gamers". I'll make note of the feedback to the class as well.

I greatly appreciate the feedback from everyone. We have somewhat of a competition going in the class, so every response is appreciated! :=

That's why I choose not to reply that question, since none of the options applied...
I do wonder that you gave the option of 0$ in the previous question, but overlook that possibly in the next question. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

RetroJay

Hi Monkey_05_06.

All done.
Phew! That was hard.;)

Yours.
Jay.

monkey0506

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 18/09/2014 20:34:20I do wonder that you gave the option of 0$ in the previous question, but overlook that possibly in the next question. ;)

I understand it could be useful to have a distinction for "I only play free games", but the option of "[I] Never [buy games]" is hardly overlooking spending $0/yr. ;)

Also, seems I misunderstood the teacher on when we are checking the results. That will be on this coming Tuesday, so if you haven't taken it yet please do! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk