Fate Of Atlantis Special Edition (non-AGS fan spec sub to Disney)

Started by Ben X, Fri 19/09/2014 14:30:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Someone is remaking FoA in Wintermute with the intention of sending it to Disney on spec:

[embed=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKV8zqtX5x4[/embed]

Ghost

That... actually looks rather neat! The detail they pour into the locations alone is remarkable; I could regocnize them all ;-D

Frodo

selmiak

wow, looking really good!
Is there a devblog or something else?

Mandle

**DROOLS**

I think also it's a bit of a testimonial to the original game that they can draw-over the perspective lines from the original 2D backgrounds like that and it works in 3D...I'm sure they fudged it a bit here and there but still impressive!

Stupot

I can't watch the video but I think we should start taking bets as to how far this gets before àâ‚¹$₦â,¬Â¥ send them a C&D order.

Hobo

Those new backgrounds and characters look good indeed, although some of them feel a bit artificial and plastic, but I guess it's still a bit too early to judge. Would really like to see it in action with full character animations and stuffs.

Also, I'm not completely sure that the game needs a remake. The original pixel art looks still pretty good to my eyes and thanks to ScummVm there's support for modern computers and across different platforms. I'd actually rather see them using all this talent and energy to create new original adventure games.

Armageddon

That's an insane amount of work for a spec game. I hope Disney let's them do it. More Lucas Arts remakes, please.

Gribbler

Quote from: Stupot+how far this gets before àâ‚¹$₦â,¬Â¥ send them a C&D order.
My thought exactly. It would be a great shame to abandon this project.

Ben X

Well, they're saying it's not going to be released publicly, which essentially puts it on the same level as a piece of fan art, so they may avoid a c&d.

Selmiak - the video description links to their Facebook page which links to their blog!

Frodo

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 20/09/2014 10:22:23
Well, they're saying it's not going to be released publicly, which essentially puts it on the same level as a piece of fan art, so they may avoid a c&d.

But... but... this NEEDS to be released! 

David Ostman

Ben X

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 20/09/2014 22:15:53
But... but... this NEEDS to be released! 

If Disney employ them to continue, it will! (But that won't happen.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk