AGS 3.4.0.6 (Alpha) - Builder Patch

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sat 27/09/2014 17:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Thu 03/09/2015 19:12:34
I thought it works like windows, double click and go to the ide to develop my game.
Ooooh, you mean IDE version for Linux? Sorry, I thought you were speaking about running games on Linux.
No, we do not have Linux version of the Editor, and plans are rather uncertain right now.

Neo_One

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 03/09/2015 19:16:26
Ooooh, you mean IDE version for Linux? Sorry, I thought you were speaking about running games on Linux.
No, we do not have Linux version of the Editor, and plans are rather uncertain right now.

This is bad news. I think to do more popular the ide must be cross-plataform.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Thu 03/09/2015 19:50:51
There are simply not enough developers ready to work on this right now.

Neo_One

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 03/09/2015 20:33:09

I have some ideas inspired in Blender Fundation:
What if do you a crowdfunding (about 1500â,¬)?
Record some tutorial series and sell it by 15â,¬?
Do a game and the collection allocate to develop more versions

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Fri 04/09/2015 10:03:09
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 03/09/2015 20:33:09

I have some ideas inspired in Blender Fundation:
What if do you a crowdfunding (about 1500â,¬)?
Record some tutorial series and sell it by 15â,¬?
Do a game and the collection allocate to develop more versions

Neo_One, this idea was already mentioned several times, but with zero result. Personally, I have no will to participate in this at the moment. If you want to suggest some plan, please make a dedicated forum thread.

proximity

There is a serious problem with templates in 3.4.0.6. When you create a template successfully and start a new game with it, there is an error like this :

I realized it when i created backup templates for my game. In the general settings pane, i checked "Compress sprite files". I don't know if this is the cause of error.
Proximity Entertainment

cat

I made my OROW game with AGS 3.4.0.6 and found a few issues. I'll post them here now.
If needed, I can create tracker issues later, but I'd like to know if these are real issues at all.

• Dialog editor: when adding code in dialog editor, autocomplete does not add a space after typing a comma, however it does if writing code in normal script file.
  • Sprite editor: after importing a new sprite (large with alpha channel) the editor switches to another tab (but the sprite tab stays open). Does not always happen.
  • The BASS template that is shipped with AGS needs to be updated (processClick)
  • I managed to crash the editor with the properties and help window. To reproduce:
    open room, select object in properties grid
    click baseline property
    open help (set as on top), help fills screen but does not have focus. AGS is hidden behind and has still the focus
    start typing without clicking in the help window
    click somewhere
    property error is shown but I can't do anything
    AGS and help crash
  • Walk commands are combined???
    Having the following code, instead of walking straight left, down, left, the character walks diagonally:
    cMouse.Walk(2035, 715, eBlock, eWalkableAreas);
    cMouse.Walk(2035, 850, eBlock, eAnywhere);
    cMouse.Walk(1923, 850, eBlock, eAnywhere);
  • GUI editor: Even for large GUIs there are no scroll bars.

Additionally, player reported problems with the graphic setup. The graphics are quite large (1280x720) and I was using Run-in-window, nearest-neighbour and Max-fit as default setting. I tried it on 3 different PCs and it was working fine on each of them, but players with older PCs and/or smaller monitors had problems. I try to get more info about this and what settings helped to solve the problem.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Neo_One on Thu 03/09/2015 19:50:51
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 03/09/2015 19:16:26

It was working in Wine and other emulators if I remember correctly some forums posts were dealing with that.

Sslaxx

My ISP likes to block Mediafire at random. Is there anywhere else you could supply the alphas/betas/RCs to download?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Sslaxx on Fri 18/09/2015 20:21:50
My ISP likes to block Mediafire at random. Is there anywhere else you could supply the alphas/betas/RCs to download?

I suppose we will use a better location when all build server issues are solved.
Meanwhile, will Dropbox work for you?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9aizr0db1c9b2z/AGS_3.4.0.6-Alpha-BuilderPatch.zip?dl=0

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

monkey0506

Presumably we would only need the latest stable and development builds for download? Bitbucket.org associates a "Downloads" page with git repos (gives you a place to host the binaries without versioning them).

Neo_One

Will be Mac (OSx) export option in "Builds targets plattaforms"?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Neo_One on Fri 25/09/2015 13:44:49
Will be Mac (OSx) export option in "Builds targets plattaforms"?
We do not have a proper Mac port yet.
When it will be available, we will add one too.

Crimson Wizard

I splitted out a discussion related to the blocked help file, because it is not directly related to 3.4.0 alpha:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52724.0

proximity

I'm having difficulties when rendering sprites with semi-transparent alpha (like a character has shadow under him). Character movement and scaling is slower than non-transparent sprites (characters with no shadow). They are all PNG format so i wonder what causes this. The game engine ? The graphic card or CPU performance ? May be Direct X 9.0 ?

My system is : AMD FX 8120 3.1 GHZ, Geforce 640 GT, 24 GB Ram, Windows 7 64 bit, DirectX 11. AGS 3.4.0.6 Builder Patch and game resolution 960*540.
Proximity Entertainment

rmonic79

We are trying character.setlightlevel and it's fantastic to give continuous changing of light to different character. Only one problem after call it, region light level doesn't work anymore. Any solution?
Thanks

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: rmonic79 on Sun 22/11/2015 11:52:40
We are trying character.setlightlevel and it's fantastic to give continuous changing of light to different character. Only one problem after call it, region light level doesn't work anymore. Any solution?
Thanks
Do you mean that you want region light and "personal" character light levels combine?
The current logic in AGS is that character light and tint settings override region ones.
From the top of my head, the only solution I see is to summ them manually when you apply character level.

rmonic79

Thanks for reply crimson,i don't want to combine them but i didn't find a way to unsetlightlevel and use region again. (to tell rhe truth i don't need it anymore cause we find a better solution using characters light level but, just for curiosity)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk