AGS 3.4.0.6 (Alpha) - Builder Patch

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sat 27/09/2014 17:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Brilliant news! Thanks CW an co.!

Once the merge takes place will games compiled with the latest engine be compatible with the AGS Steam plug-in? I'd like to update Mage's Initiation to it prior to the beta testing stage, but if the Steam plugin won't be compatible right out of the gates, I'll hold off.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGD2 on Sat 19/03/2016 20:35:38
Once the merge takes place will games compiled with the latest engine be compatible with the AGS Steam plug-in? I'd like to update Mage's Initiation to it prior to the beta testing stage, but if the Steam plugin won't be compatible right out of the gates, I'll hold off.
I know little of AGS Steam compatibility, but frankly speaking I do not see why plugin cannot be compatible with either version, because engine's plugin API was never changed.

proximity

Crimson, do you plan to include "changing hotspot and object names at run-time" to the upcoming merged version ?
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: proximity on Thu 24/03/2016 19:57:35
Crimson, do you plan to include "changing hotspot and object names at run-time" to the upcoming merged version ?
No... where it comes from?
I do not really plan to add anything else except bug fixes, because this version was developed for too long.
If someone else will have time to work on it, while I am merging the two versions, we may take it, but still I will not like to add some serious changes.

There are already custom properties that you may change at runtime in this version, and that may be used to substitute object names for now.

proximity

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 24/03/2016 21:19:20
Quote from: proximity on Thu 24/03/2016 19:57:35
No... where it comes from?
I do not really plan to add anything else except bug fixes, because this version was developed for too long.
If someone else will have time to work on it, while I am merging the two versions, we may take it, but still I will not like to add some serious changes.

There are already custom properties that you may change at runtime in this version, and that may be used to substitute object names for now.

No problem. I just wanted to know it before I dive into hotspots' and objects' names work.
Proximity Entertainment

proximity

It's been a while. Any news ? I'm close to release my game. May be in 2 two weeks. Am I going to have a chance to try the merged version ? :smiley:
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: proximity on Mon 18/04/2016 22:00:09
It's been a while. Any news ? I'm close to release my game. May be in 2 two weeks. Am I going to have a chance to try the merged version ? :smiley:
I do not know. We've met a problem that delayed us again. Currently I am waiting an answer from another team member.

proximity

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 18/04/2016 22:05:15
Quote from: proximity on Mon 18/04/2016 22:00:09
I do not know. We've met a problem that delayed us again. Currently I am waiting an answer from another team member.

Okay then. I'll be waiting for good news. :smiley: Good luck.
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

Okay, an update. We just had one (probably most difficult) "blocking" issue resolved; I am planning to work hard next days, getting the rest of the merge done.
I will have to make a break for several weeks soon, so I hope I can release a new Beta version on this week.

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Crimson Wizard

proximity

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 02/05/2016 02:13:29
Okay, an update. We just had one (probably most difficult) "blocking" issue resolved; I am planning to work hard next days, getting the rest of the merge done.
I will have to make a break for several weeks soon, so I hope I can release a new Beta version on this week.

Whoaa ! That's wonderful news man :smiley: I'm dying to switch from 3.4.0.6 to merged edition. You've really worked hard.

Note : I think I've discovered something. In 3.4.0.6, when you update scripts , old save games (saved before update) aren't affected at all, give no error and work like a charm. Is it known or I've just discovered it ? :smiley:
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: proximity on Tue 03/05/2016 00:59:30
Note : I think I've discovered something. In 3.4.0.6, when you update scripts , old save games (saved before update) aren't affected at all, give no error and work like a charm. Is it known or I've just discovered it ? :smiley:
Not every change breaks savedgames. Only those that alter the number of game objects, including global variables in script (but not local ones!). If you just modify some functions, they will still work. 3.4.0 is not different from previous version in that aspect.

proximity

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 03/05/2016 01:20:55
Quote from: proximity on Tue 03/05/2016 00:59:30
Not every change breaks savedgames. Only those that alter the number of game objects, including global variables in script (but not local ones!). If you just modify some functions, they will still work. 3.4.0 is not different from previous version in that aspect.

Of course. I haven't added anything new. Like you said, I've just modified functions. False alarm :)
Proximity Entertainment

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 02/05/2016 02:13:29

Thanks CW! Really looking forward to it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk