Author Topic: Speed Buggy: Manifold Destiny (MAGS September 2014)  (Read 3244 times)  Share 

Re: Speed Buggy: Manifold Destiny (MAGS September 2014)
« Reply #20 on: 13 Aug 2017, 08:54 »
I'll give it a try in the next few days, but I've never seen Speed Buggy – I don't know why, because I've watched many Hanna-Barbera cartoons as a kid. Although I must say that those Photobucket screenshots don't look too enticing ;)

By the way, did you use the same explosion in this game intro and in Rotary Club? I would recognise that explosion anywhere, after having seen it so many times (damned spiky mountains! (laugh))...
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2017, 09:24 by lorenzo »

Slasher

• slasher
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    •  
    • I can help with scripting
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
  • Slasher worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 13 Aug 2017, 10:25 »
I loved the tv show and thought the game was enjoyable and a deluxe version would be ace (nod)

HanaIndiana

• Rottwheelers
  • Adventure!
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with scripting
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2017, 05:04 »
Yes! I remember playing this back in 2014. I got stuck a couple times, but found it quite fun.

« Reply #23 on: 15 Aug 2017, 23:31 »
I just finished the game, it was pretty good!
It had great puzzles, often difficult but fair. The dialogues were pretty funny, although I didn't get some of the Lost references (I never watched the series). I liked the mini-game too, it was a fun change of pace.

I had some trouble with some hard to see hotspots and with the life preserver puzzle (even though I had everything in place, the cutscene didn't trigger until I switched the life preservers spots). But those were minor annoyances.

All in all, it was a pretty nice game! Especially considering it was made in such a short time.