MAGS October: "Hallowe'en" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Wed 01/10/2014 21:42:18

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Stupot thanks, let's see if I don't screw up this month's entry as well. I want to crush Mandle's dreams of a default victory.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dread Spectacle

I will be attempting a game for this month's competition. So far I am calling the game "A Tainted Treat". I have been working on improving my isometric pixel drawing and thought this would be a good test.  Below is a small sample. This is just a piece of one background, I can't use a whole one because the game will probably only have four or five. My game will also feature overly simplistic puzzles and shoddily done animations. Stay tuned for updates.

Mandle

Quote from: miguel on Fri 17/10/2014 01:07:28
Stupot thanks, let's see if I don't screw up this month's entry as well. I want to crush Mandle's dreams of a default victory.

Ah....my post had a c/p typo thingy:

Was supposed to say:

"Oh crap...Now I GOTTA get this thing out on time...Can't have you winning by default! Much better if you win by crushing me!"

Anyways...looks like we have a new entrant!!!

WELCOME to Dread Spectacle!!!

Never mind the simple puzzles and animations:

JUST LET US PLAY YOUR GAME!!! (because that crystal-clear isometric style is a wonder to behold in itself!)

miguel

Mandle speaks words of wisdom, Dread Spectacle.

Nightfable

I'm gonna destroy you with my  awesome super-duper advanced programming skills!!

Not... :(

It may make you laugh, at least. (laugh)

miguel

So then they were four...

Okay, finished the first half of the game (playable intro) and am now moving to the core of this chapter. 10 days left...

Mandle

First successful test is complete over the interwebs:

My 2-Player interaction without any file-swapping concept is confirmed as possible:

Mostly due to the 1337 coding skillz of this guy:

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sun 19/10/2014 15:52:47
IT

WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\o/

I SAW THIS:

WOW THE GRAPHIC IS EXCELLENT MATE!!!

This was the house I decorated and sent to AprilSkies as a text message, which he was able to copy/paste into the game and view as intended...

Now that I know the concept works...DAMNIT! I actually have to complete this thing on time... :-\

Nightfable

My intro works. I'm currently trying to put the game together with placeholders since my backgrounds and animations are largely unfinished.

I'm crossing my fingers I'm able to finish this on time.

Wishing everyone some luck.

AprilSkies

Nightfable!
The first screenie is marvelous.
So VGA from 1990.
I see nothing so unfinished there. You can already Keep it exactly like it is. It's so cool already!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Cassiebsg

I agree with AprilSkies! t looks awesome! :)
Looking forward for more!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

thirded! This looks awesome.
I get a very halloweenish feel from TrickOrTreating at Brugo's Brothel of Brorror.
The perspective on the cupboard and clock in the b/w screen seems to be off though.

Mandle

Nightfable: Your game already has me wetting my pants in two regards:

Pants-wetting-regard-the-first: The game looks incredible and I can't wait to play it!!!

Pants-wetting-regard-the-second: My own game is way behind schedule and I have to pretty much get the whole thing finished tomorrow or not as the rest of the month is booked for RL work...

As to my own progress:

Well, I got three Trick-Or-Treaters' costumes finished tonight...I think that might be it for now: My sewing fingers are raw to the bone...

Tomorrow I look forward to coding the entire thing that makes the game actually work...

YAWN!

HanaIndiana

Dear MAGS October entries to come,

Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow
!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!Wow!
Wow!Wow!

Wow'd,
HanaIndiana

Mandle

Well, I didn't manage to completely pull off the coding coup I had hoped for today, but major progress was still made...

I've passed the deadline into my RL timescale and now I will have to put stuff together a bit at a time instead of in major blocks...

Almooooost theeeereeee....

Stay on target!!!

miguel

Did some good progress this morning and am feeling happy with how things are developing.
There's a good chance of delivering it on time.

Nightfable

I'm giving myself 2 days to finish the backgrounds, 2 days to finish the animations and 2 more days for the coding.

So far I have my first puzzles working -- it's the first time I've ever used a variable in a game. I'm actually very proud of myself, lol! :-[

Mandle

Gurok

The walk sprite for that pug looks a little small. You could ask Seventeen Uncles to guest sprite it for you. ;-)
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Well...instead of getting the game working fully, tonight I instead worked on expanding the content: Just wasn't in the mood for coding I guess...

The good news is that the possible Trick-Or-Treaters' costume variations has expanded from a possible 9 combinations to a possible 36 combinations, even if some sprites are kind of just lame paint-overs at this point...

Well, here's a pic of an under-decorated house and a decked-out Trick-Or-Treater:

Hopefully I can release the game by Wednesday I'm thinking...

Mandle

Locked in on target finally...Had a battle with myself tonight with coding that led to a moment of self-realization:

My problems with coding come down to an internal and possibly unwinable struggle between stupidity and perserverance: I have to perservere enough to overcome my stupidity, and I have to be stupid enough to perservere for that long...

Now I have a bunch of junk-code used for debugging that I have to hunt down and kill tomorrow, then just a bit of finishing up....and then release I think!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk