Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Sslaxx

If you're looking for a Linux tester, I'd be game.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Frikker

Im currently on Windows 7 and trying to ignore that little blue box by the taskbar trying to persuade me to upgrade to Windows 10 for free....

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

First set of bug reports are in!

85-90% of levels completed at this point. 

I am holding off on the voicing for a bit until the entire script is completed and finalized (don't want to have to setup additional studio time for corrections!).

If anyone else would be interested in helping test Neofeud let me know. 

Here are a couple trailers here so you can get a little idea of what Neofeud is about:

[embed=800,450]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTKrXLHbTU[/embed]

[embed=800,450]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmU-h3ZP78s[/embed]

AnasAbdin

Looking awesome mate ;-D
Sorry about the testing, no can do (wrong)
Quoting myself: Good games must be played as a 100% gamer, 0% developer (laugh)

Blondbraid

The trailers look awesome! Man, am I excited about this game! ;-D

Gurok

I had a dream about this game the other day. I dreamt that there was an organic greengrocer who was closed-minded and also wanted his staff to be "100% organic" (100% human). I don't know what this means. Just sharing it. And needless to say, I love this game's setting and think about it a lot.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Sslaxx

Quote from: Gurok on Mon 25/01/2016 16:35:01
I had a dream about this game the other day. I dreamt that there was an organic greengrocer who was closed-minded and also wanted his staff to be "100% organic" (100% human). I don't know what this means. Just sharing it. And needless to say, I love this game's setting and think about it a lot.
It means you could also do gags about "no GMOs"!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

SilverSpook

Thanks guys!

@AnasAbdin: I understand :)

@Gurok: Fascinating... And amazed that the game has entered your dreams without yet being released!  Hopefully it will live up to the hype produced by one's subconscious! :)

SilverSpook

God creates man.  Man is banished from Eden.  Man creates Machine.  Machine creates Eden.

Tentatively calling this guy, "God's Gardener."

SilverSpook

This is the future if we don't elect Bernie Sanders in the US.

(Click for MASSIVE panoramic artwork)

In a brief update, Neofeud is coming along as fast and well as humanly possible!  Testers CassieBSG, selmiak, Frikker, Mandle(?) and Sslaxx are on the job and doing their best to shine the (hopeful) gem of this dystopic p-n-c adventure. 

This most recent screengrab might be one of the best-distilled descriptions of the spirit of Neofeud.  Maybe I'll need to throw a robot in there somewhere and call it the box-cover, printed up glossy and mailed for top-tier Kickstarters. ( In a potential future Kickstarter :) )

SilverSpook

Detective Hoyt, DEA, futurecop.  Scopin' the arcade for delinquent punks, Footclan recruits, and John Connor.

SilverSpook

Yes, Neofeud has honest-to-Fox-Moulder aliens.  Maybe.  It's classified.

Other news: if anyone is interested in some voice acting, send me a message! 

SilverSpook

Time to hack the uplink to the download.

SilverSpook

Neofeud now contains 1.21% more time travel.

Testing and voice acting auditions continue!  Feel free to drop me a line if you're interested!

Mathias

If you still have the timetravel animation in layers - I'd like to suggest to cut out quite a few frames out of the pinch effects ending when the view goes back to normal. At the moment it looks like a perfectly even curve. In my opinion the animation would benefit from more of a snap in the end there - making the later section of the curve steeper if that makes any sense. You could achieve this by increasingly taking out frames towards the ending where the background goes back to normal. Keep up the good work.

SilverSpook

Hm, I see what you're getting out, like pulling the surface of a balloon out and then letting go (except the balloon is the fabric of spacetime, hehe).  This isn't actually the final animation at any rate, it will actually be longer in game as this is a particularly epic and pivotal scene altogether.  Thanks for the suggestion, Mathias!

SilverSpook

I give you Princess Sybil Clington-Busch The First.  Daughter of Warren Clington-Busch III, Transplanetary Emperor and Chief Executive Officer of the Clington Busch Corporate Dynasty, whom through subsidiary corporate/state entities has been estimated by Forbes to be the single most powerful individual in the Orion Arm.  Princess Sybil enjoys long walks on the Arcologically preserved Hawaiian beach, cosplaying with cloned transhuman bodies at Comic Cons, and running multinational NGOs to save the climate, the 99%, and non-human transgenics and machine people, despite repeated and epic failure to do so. 

Oh, and she really, really hates it when anyone attributes her multiple Grammy Awards, Academy Awards, Most Beautiful Person, two Nobel Prizes (despite never actually saving anyone/thing) and other successes to her Neofeudal birthright, and especially when anyone compares her to her sell-out over-calculating politician of a mother, Queen Hellery Clington.

Here's a little excerpt of Neofeud dialog I'm considering converting into the official trailer.

Proto-J: "Ok, ok, Mizz royal thang over here, Leeloo or Princess Leia or whatevs-"
Sybil: "Princess Sybil Clington-Busch, actually, but just Sybil is fine.  We don't need labels, right?"
Proto-J: "Ok.  So, your worshipfulness, just what the flack is going on up in this bitch?  Who the flack is that masked Zoro-lookin' nigga?  What are we doing in this flying car Back to the Future ride-"
Sybil: "Space-Time Craft.  The technical term is a long achronym I can't remember but it involves quantum mechanics and makes my brain hurt.  I'm begrudgingly a media personality, a recovering politician, and an aspiring-revolutionary, but I'm no neurophysicist.  I suck at math, to be honest.  Got kicked out of a couple Martian boarding schools."
Carbon: "I'm sorry, ah, Miss Sybil.  You'll have to excuse my teenage associate's manners here, he's never crossed paths with legitimate Neofeudal royalty before." 
Carbon: "Princess Sybil Clington-Busch... You're the daughter of Warren Clington-Busch, correct?  Head of Clington-Busch Corporation?"
Sybil: "Ok, ok.  You don't need to bow down or anything.  Yes, daddy basically owns half of Earth and the rest of the solar system, a quadrillion in net worth, etcetera..  I've been trying to get out from his shadow my whole life.  I don't want what we're doing here to be tainted by my royal family.  And it's Sybil, ok?"
Carbon: "I'm sorry if I offended you Princess- ah, Sybil."
Sybil: "And stop apologizing!"

Princess Sybil also makes crossover appearances in a couple Neofeud-Universe short stories "Superposition"  and the more canonical (i.e. actually published) "Proto-J"

Blondbraid

She sounds like a great character. Everything is better with princesses! ;-D

SilverSpook

@Blondbraid: Exactly!  And how can you have Neofeudalism without royalty?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk