Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Cool!
Will there be a puzzle where you have to change the furniture settings? :)

SilverSpook

Yes, there will be furniture-related gameplay :)

@Mandle: Thanks!

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Fri 20/05/2016 15:02:16
Yes, there will be furniture-related gameplay :)
How fun, I can only imagine what it will be used for! ;-D
Anyway, just read this: http://www.cracked.com/blog/25-prom-dresses-that-say-my-dad-owns-moon/
And immediately came to think of a certain character of yours... (roll)

SilverSpook

Own the moon!?  That's ridiculous!  Her dad own's three *gas giants* and all the *Galilean* moons!  The sun-sucking multi-planet-destroying Death Star is under construction on Mercury -- so no one better make any mean snarky internet meme-list thingies about how rich she is, OR ELSE!!! ;)

SilverSpook

Posthuman Eugenics Studies

"The Golem Project has been activated.  Rollout will be finalized within the week."

"And the prototypes?"

"We have the United Metropoli on a tight leash.  The Defectives will be disposed of."

"I don't see why we must treat them this way…"

"They're not people.  Anthropomorphism is counter-productive."

"What about the temporal dislocation?  The continuum liabilities-"

"An unfortunate oversight, being rectified as we speak."

"Media hasn't yet implemented monetization, how can we-"

"Time is of the essence.  Our competitors will solve the Hard Problem soon."

"We can always manufacture more time."

"You still don't understand?  The human species is primed, we won't get another chance."

"Singularity happens but once.  The Kingdom of Heaven open for an instant to the chosen few."

"Or perhaps we are Prometheus, moths to flame."

"The bugs will be burnt, indeed.  The defective prototypes recycled.  There are no errors in Paradise."

(Cut to thousands of screams in the dark)

Blondbraid

Most intriguing, sounds like quite a brave new world!

SilverSpook

Thanks man!  It is very Aldous Huxley-ish in Neofeud, that's for sure!

Also, in other excellent news, I just created a Patreon site for Neofeud,! Have a look and consider becoming a Neofeudal Patron! 

If you become a Neofeudal Royal Patron, you will be immortalized as a character in the game, with a few lines of dialog!

I will also personally paint your portrait, which will be added to the wall of a palace throne room in-game! The portrait will also be in the credits and displayed on the website. 

Yes, your very own visage, painted by your personal artist, my lord or lady, like Michelangelo himself! (Although I draw the line at lying on my back on the inside of a chapel!)

Keep in mind, these perks are only available now! Once the game launches, these awards go away.  So if you were planning to buy the game anyway, why not get some of these extra bonuses?

SilverSpook

Neofeud:  a 90's adventure game, hostile takeover of the present. Help us get this game finished at our new Patreon site!

Renowned for its uses in coup d'etats of liberal progressive democracies across the world, the CJ-74 Archangel manned/unmanned attack drone AKA 'The Overthrower' is the final word in over-the-top firepower and military-industrial overreach. Manufactured by the Coch-Jobbs military dynasty, it was used to put down anti-authoritarian populist uprisings uniting human, robot, and transgenic resistance movements with deadly efficacy.

Its GX-M235 miniguns will tear through even the toughest of bullet proof armors and humanoid warbot chassis, and its thermion-tipped usurper missiles will clear any skyscraper board room or palace hall of your rival Neofeudal lords and ladies. The Overthrower is sure to leave undesired rulers dead, and their thrones, real estate, resources, and women, ripe for the taking.

Cassiebsg

Looking awesome! (nod) 8-0 (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frikker

Wow , I love that CJ-74 , its a really cool design. Would love to model that in Blender :)
Great job , loving All the updates bud :)

SilverSpook

Thanks Cassie and Frikker :) 

Re: CJ-74: Haha, yeah that would be pretty cool. I kind of wanted it to give off that U.S. black ops military vibe, but maybe a design ten or fifteen years from now.  I also like how it kind of has the silhouette of a shark at first glance :)

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 06/06/2016 11:22:05
I also like how it kind of has the silhouette of a shark at first glance :)
I never thought of it until you pointed it out, but now I can't unsee it! 8-0
It looks like sort of a blend between a skeletal shark and a vulture to me,
a really cool design.

SilverSpook

"Do you smell that, Charlie? It's 'Nam, 1974. Iraq in 2006. Worked again, in the 2nd Dresden Firebombing of 2026. We burned the leftist uprising right out of Germany. Put down the sentient machine riots in Coastlandia. 

"You did good, Charlie, but now it's time for the scorched Earth, son! Here come-a the whirlwind, yeehaw!"

Blondbraid

I love the smell of pop-cultural references in the morning! (laugh)

SilverSpook

References!? I git yer references right 'ere! :)

SilverSpook

1st portrait for Neofeud patrons @minxilla! Thanks again! It took several hours, but it is, I dare say, majestic!  Now to get this framed up in the ancestral hall of the royal Neofeudal family... :)

Consider backing Neofeud at the Neofeud Patreon site and you could get your own portrait like this one, and have it added to the game, on top of many other perks :)  I'm also capable of painting you as a robot overlord, a Singularity posthuman, a Splice-esque chimera, or something else if you so chose.  Your wish is my command, m'lord/lady :)

Well I have just finished ghostwriting my first novelly thingy and am painting portraits like MF (Michelangelo / Francisco Goya).  Also, I may possibly be in a digital artists booth at the Honolulu Comic Con coming up at the end of July, which is cool!

Oh and that game, what's it called... Neofeud? Yeah, it's still in development. A lot of skillets on the stove, man! (Or a lot of chimichangas in the micro, as it occurs when you're working like crazy.)

Some progress notes for the past month though:

-Appx an hour of gameplay added
-Climactic Matrix-esque skyscraper scene completed -- chainguns into immense pains of Board Room glass, reconstituting T-2000-esque Agent Smith-likes, a fifty million dollar Apache helicopter exploding (Fifty million in hyperinflated 2030 dollars hehe), and much more
-Three new patrons, with two kicking in at nearly the highest tier -- and receiving custom royal portraits hand-painted by yours truly.
-Appx 3000 words of dialog and 300 lines of code and gameplay scripting added.

All in all, a good month, considering I also have a dayjob, a wife, and two kids to take care of.  I've almost kicked cloning myself, I just need to reverse engineer the Orphan Black Season 4 finale scene and I'll have lots of Silverspooks.  A multiplicity of selves to do all of the many gamedev, familydev, artdev, bookdev, and various other ventures, rather than cultivating a latent, mostly benign form of schizophrenia in order to juggle it all.

Gurok

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 03/07/2016 02:22:08
All in all, a good month, considering I also have a dayjob, a wife, and two kids to take care of.  I've almost kicked cloning myself, I just need to reverse engineer the Orphan Black Season 4 finale scene and I'll have lots of Silverspooks.  A multiplicity of selves to do all of the many gamedev, familydev, artdev, bookdev, and various other ventures, rather than cultivating a latent, mostly benign form of schizophrenia in order to juggle it all.

That sounds like that film, Multiplicity.

Good to get an update from you. Keep at it!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

I'm also capable of painting you as a robot overlord, a Singularity posthuman, a Splice-esque chimera, or something else if you so chose.  Your wish is my command, m'lord/lady :)

Go on...  (nod)

-Appx an hour of gameplay added
-Climactic Matrix-esque skyscraper scene completed -- chainguns into immense pains of Board Room glass, reconstituting T-2000-esque Agent Smith-likes, a fifty million dollar Apache helicopter exploding (Fifty million in hyperinflated 2030 dollars hehe), and much more
-Three new patrons, with two kicking in at nearly the highest tier -- and receiving custom royal portraits hand-painted by yours truly.
-Appx 3000 words of dialog and 300 lines of code and gameplay scripting added.

That's great progress in a month  (laugh)
great portraits man!

SilverSpook

@Gurok: Yes, I'm *exactly* like that film Multiplicity!

@AnasAbdin: Thanks man, and I think you'd look pretty good as a Singularity, if I don't say so myself. You've really got the bone structure for it... hehe :)

SilverSpook

Another portrait for one of my Neofeud patrons.  They specifically requested to look like 'Sun Wukong' the Chinese mythological Monkey King, when I asked them what sort of royalty, fictional or non-fictional they identified with- which explains the animalistic surplus of facial hair :)

If you were planning to buy Neofeud when it comes out and want a portrait of yourself, just to have, and be added to the game, then considering backing Neofeud at the $20 level, and not only will you get the game for free, you'll get painted by me, in the style of your choice, and added to the game.

But you will have to act now if you want this deal, because this offer won't last beyond the release date of Neofeud- possibly earlier since I'm getting flooded with portrait requests of late!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk