Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Nice!!!!!! (nod)(nod)(nod)

Think though, it would look a bit better if he looked down a bit. That would imply he's in a higher position that the "pleb" when they need to look up to him. ;)

Otherwise, don't change anything it's perfect! (nod)(nod)(nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Looks more like a dwarf from a high fantasy setting than a monkey king.
Still epic looking though. :-D

SilverSpook

Yeah he's more 'inspired by' than anything directly lifted. :) 

SilverSpook

Neofeud game scene, inspired by mass-dumping of refugees and poor into places to forget about them.

Workin on one more Neofeud portrait.  Get yours soon, because I think I'm going to be altering my Patreon rewards regarding the portrait once I finish the game. (Can't really add more paintings to the palace walls after game is shipped! Hehe)

https://www.patreon.com/neofeud

Other than that, I have been trying to work as hard and fast as possible since there are only two more weeks of summer 'downtime' and things get more crazy dayjob-wise again.  I'm aiming to finish all art and programming stuff over the next couple of weeks.  Minxilla has been helping with soundtrack which is huge, and after that the next biggest mountain is getting the voice acting and then finally testing.

Praying to all the deities and mojo providers that there are no major SNAFUs between here and there.

In addition, my Science-Tech-Engineering-Math afterschool program for low-income kiddos is moving into an actual inner-city public school which will make it easier to serve the kids.  Pretty much the entire school is 'free lunch qualifier' and about half are immigrants, so we're really going to hit the target demographic here, and hopefully get them at least marginally better prepared to enter the future filled with robotics and creative-class activity.  It's actually somewhat frightening going to some of the meetings around here.  The 'get ahead!' program charges parents an arm and a leg and just does babysitting, no homework help.  We're free for all income levels, make sure kids get homework done, and have robotics teams / programming / various STEM curricula.  The biggest complaint from the 'paid babysitting' program was, 'you guys can't be in here, because then we might not be able to charge parents who can barely afford food hundreds of dollars just to hang out on our phones till they get off their third job to pick up kids!'  They actually wanted us not to advertise, and to make it so parents have to come 'through their program', have kids filter out into ours, and then go back to the babysitters at the end of the day.

Thankfully my boss was not having that.

So yes, all of Neofeud is largely inspired by my RL.  Lol, but also not so lol.

Cassiebsg

Breath taking! 8-0
Both the picture and the RL story.

Danvzare

I love that background., it reminds me a bit of Deponia, but only because the floor is an ocean of trash. :-D

Also, is that a Delorean I see?
Does it time travel?

SilverSpook

@Cassie: Thanks, there will be more testing soon.  I want to get it all done first though, now that I have time and can focus.

@Danvzare: Nice catch: yes it's a Delorean.  Time travel, and altering the past / future itself will be a game mechanic in Neofeud, although the actual functioning time machine is not the Delorean.  The old junked "Back to the Future" car is kind of a tongue-in-cheek joke in the Neofeud world, actually:

"It's one of those last-gen time machines put out by Hypetech.  Way overhyped and failed to deliver, the Lloyd Model 7 timecraft only managed to slow time by 1/2 regular speed or fast forward reality 2x while inside."

"There was a mass recall after it was discovered the fusion batteries had a tendency to go critical mass on hot days in gridlock traffic, and drivers kept trying to 'overclock' the engine's Lux Gravitator, to fast-forward through rush hour, increasing nuclear meltdown incidents.  The Department of Transportation banned the timecrafts altogether after half of Seattle blew up in serial-mini-Hiroshimas during the Olympics of '28."

SilverSpook

I give you Chief Executive President of the Illuminati, Shadow Emperor of the Transglobal Federation and Master of the Earth-Interplanetary Union (EIU), Warren Clinton-Bush VII 

Cassiebsg

Oh, a Kiefer Sutherland clone... (laugh)

Danvzare

That badge he's wearing, looks like something you'd get from a fanclub for twelve year olds. (laugh)
Now I can't help but imagining this guy as being some kind of man-baby.

I love the artwork, and especially those flags. More flags should have eyes on them in real life. (nod)

SilverSpook

Yeah, the fanclub is called, 'Yale-feeder Skull-n-Bones'.  They don't generally give out solid-gold ruby-inlaid merit badges in the boyscouts. :P

@Cassie: Kiefer Sutherland eh? He's put on some jawline since 24 it seems. :)

Cassiebsg

Hehehe, I think it's more the eyes and mouth shape that reminded me of him... ;)

Jack

Fah, the Clinton-Bush bloodline is mere white trash compared to the House of Palin-Trump. ;)

Now there would be a character. Walker Palin-Trump, el Presidente of planet Earth and Supreme Chancellor of the Citadel of Geniouses. (sic)

Excellent piece.

Blondbraid

Wow, now that looks like a guy you sure don't mess around with! 8-)
I'm really glad to hear that all goes well with the game, I'm so excited to see it might get released soon! ;-D

SilverSpook

Thanks!  And yes, Neofeud will be coming soon.  Actually I'd like to drop around the same time as Deus Ex: Manking Divided and ride the wave of cyberpunk dystopia madness. :)

SilverSpook

Into the Mind of God.

"Really, we need to go, now! We've seen your death in the future, and there's no time-"

"My boy, I have seen into the eye of Brahma as he blinked away fourteen billion years, our world wiped from the eye of God like a pale blue mote of dust in a teardrop."

"I assure you, there is always time."

SilverSpook

Woohoo!  Neofeud got onto Hardcore Gamer!

Blondbraid

8-0 Trippy, and beautiful at the same time!
Like a weird mix between tree-roots and nerves...

SilverSpook

Thanks Blondbraid!

I like your description of tree roots and nerves -- didn't think of that till I read it.

Here's a fun musical track that's going into the Neofeud soundtrack inspired by the Escape from New York and Terminator soundtracks:

Escape From The 80's

Blondbraid

That sounds awesome! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk