Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Everybody was gun-fu fighting! 

Big news, other than the world about to explode due to upcoming US presidential election, is that the NEOFEUD (ALPHA) IS FINISHED!

As promised, I set a hard target of the end of October for the first full version of the game. This has a lot to do with making sure that Neofeud is pressed, packed, and shipped on time for our family's big life changes coming up. And YES, we've met that deadline! (crowd cheering) Thanks in no small part to all of you patrons. :)

What this means is that the story and a rough draft of the game from start to finish is completed and ready to be tested. Here's a play-by-play:

-Story: 100% - The storyline for the Neofeud game is finished. There will be tweaks here and there as we go into polishing and testing, but no major changes or additions will be made at this point.

-Backgrounds 100% - All of the world-art is in the game, and let me tell you, this was a job as rough as being Trump's PR manager given the 1366x768 resolution. Highly recommend playing this on a big screen if possible!

-Characters 100% - All of the character full-body sprites are in game running around and portraits are hung up in gold trimmed, diamond-studded frames.

-Programming 100% (rough draft) - All of the pointing, clicking, running, jumping, combining of cats with moustaches and other gameplay is coded in hand-crafted Java-analog. The debugging process of course will take longer but that's what testing is for!

-Music 95% - Thanks again to Minxilla. Will need to actually go back and insert some musical cues but hopefully it won't be a ton of more work.

-Sound 70% - Still need to add in a few more sound effects but this will happen during testing.

-Voice Acting - Now actively seeking voice actors / actresses again! If you had auditioned for Neofeud parts back in March or at some point since then, I'll be checking back in with potential VAs.

The current target for release is December, although it's difficult to give an exact release date as we want to have a solid game with strong voice acting and as few big bugs and crashes as possible before letting this cyberpunk ship sail.

The price of the final game has also not been set, but again, if you've contributed up to or over the price of the game in Patronage, then you can receive it for free!

If you're interested in voice acting or testing the game, send a message or post here!

Matsui

Some very nice art work here.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

SilverSpook

Thanks, Matsui!

Blondbraid

Wow, the last GIF looks exciting!

SilverSpook

Thanks, and yeah, I'm going to need some testers now to test the action out.  Send me a message if interested!

Dave Gilbert

Been following this project for awhile. Would love to test it.

SilverSpook

Wow, thanks Dave!  That would be a huge honor as a big Wadjet Eye fan.

I'll try to get a version out to testers tonight / tomorrow.

SilverSpook

Neofeud is comin' for you!  All alpha testers, go ahead and check your message boxes. :)

Some eye candy for yall's while you wait:

Neofeud 80's femme fatale babes, you better work.

Rags to riches.

AnasAbdin

Great to see Neofeud going alpha! 8-)

The characters' sprites look cool, and amazingly high res (nod) they would be cropped if I wanted to fit one on them in my project! (laugh)

Blondbraid

Those last pics look great, all those bopping neckties, jackets and 80s hairdos are fun to watch! 8-)

SilverSpook

Thanks Blondbraid!  Yes, I had the Matrix costume design team come in for a 2-day consulting. :)

At this point I'm in the process of running and re-running through the game, squashing all those blasted hives of bugs, and poking around for voices.

Also, have to extract the entire script out of the game and into a Word Doc.  I have an armature of the script outside of the game but there were changes made during development so I've got to re-update that for the VAs.

Working on some new title screen / splash screen material.

SilverSpook

Neofeud art prints are now available!

Redecorate your house with some dystopian cyberpunk.  :)  The mugs make great Christmas presents, too!

SilverSpook

Neofeud has a splash and title screen!  Yay!

[embed=1000,600]http://youtu.be/4OIOgMN17kE[/embed]

Also, I've got brand-spanking new UI icons, menus, iconbars, and more!  I was torn be the royal-vs-rust themed UI, so I decided to do both.  The "High Level" menus -- Main Menu, Technocratic Control Panel screen -- all got a metric drek-ton of gold plating and glowey neon-blue snazzyness everywhere, and the "Commoner, work-a-day" menus, like the in-game iconbar and cursors look like bargain-bin trailer park nick-nacks and patchwork gizmos salvaged from a DeLorean that blew a flux capacitor in 1989.  Inequality is tres ubiquitous in this game, why shouldn't proto-fascist snobbery extend to the UI, right!?!?!?

Sorry I missed the 'Black Friday' door-buster sales and will probably take a rain check on cybermonday too, but I'm crossing fingers for Neofeud out before Christmas. 

Also, still looking for voice actors/actresses!  Hit me up!

Cassiebsg

That's a refreshing improvement to all those annoying greys... (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Awesome, I do hope you will be able to release Neofeud soon.
So excited for this game! ;-D

Gurok

Daaaaamn, that's a swanky control panel GUI
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

I've always wondered how'd the GUI look like and you delivered!
Splash screen is mesmerizing I could stare at it for long 8-)

SilverSpook

@Cassie: Speaking of annoying things... Any progress on the testing?

@Gurok: Thanks!  I've played a lot of Fallout (I & II) and the influence might have 'rubbed off' on my exposed surfaces... :)

@Blondbraid: I've cleared the entire Thanksgiving weekend schedule of irritating relatives, turkey dinners, Netflix binging and wrestled all my CPUs and GPUs free of crypto mining just to focus solely on Neofeud development!  It is coming as fast as Spookishly possible!

@AnasAbdin: Thanks man.  Good thing you have those sweet glasses: prolonged viewing of luminous gold/diamond skycastles may cause retinal damage. :)

Cassiebsg

Slower than a snail am afraid. :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Big news: NEOFEUD VOICE ACTORS WILL BE PAID! Please contact me. :)

(puts down megaphone)

First up, a play-by-play of the Neofeudal State, ordered by progress.

-Voice Acting 5% - Good news is I've cast at least three of about six major parts so far. Still a whole lot of voices left though, so feel free to contact me to audition for voice acting for Neofeud! I am also going to be officially paying voice actors/actresses for their work here, so get those Snowball mics hot and larynxes properly marinated in lemon tea, and contact me!

-Debugging 50% - I have gone through the entire game and squished every bug that I encountered, but I await bug reports of testers. Of course, saying a codebase is 'bug free' is like saying a washed pair of hands is 'bacteria free' or that a war-torn Middle Eastern country is finally 'violence free'. But eventually you have to pull out and send the thing to the e-store shelf!

-Music 95% - Thanks again to Minxilla. Still in the process of soundtracking and cueing music at the right times, but we're on the right track!

-Sound 70% - I've got my Audacity turned up to 11! Working on it!

-UI - 100% - Yes! No more bland week-old-noodles colored iconbars and crappy Windows 95 cursors!

-Story: 100% - Despite the eternal nagging of my inner-Grammar Nazi, the storyline for the Neofeud game is finished! Yes!

-Backgrounds 100% - All of the world-art is in the game!

-Characters 100% - Fully characterized!

-Programming 100% (rough draft) -

That's right, good readers, patrons, lords and ladies-

We're movin' on up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk