BMP 2.0 module and demo -- read and write to BMP files in 8,24, 32bpp

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Mon 13/10/2014 15:06:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Hi everyone,

WHAT DOES IT DO

AGS can already easily read and write to BMP files-- it can read any color depth, and writes to 32bpp (or maybe the game's color depth? I'm not sure).
BUT this module allows you to have more control over your BMP files. More specifically, it manages 8bpp files, including the palette. Also, it has a flood-fill function that was written by SSH.

This is all obsolete tech, but it can come handy for mad scientists who want to generate 8bpp files from within a game -- this color depth is compatible with the mask files that AGS uses for walk areas, walkbehinds, etc.

Eye candy: there is an automated progress bar for all slow operations.

CREDITS
- version 2.0 by monsieur ouxx
- version 1.1 by SSH (I created a new module thread because it's almost a whole new module now).

DEMO

>> Download here (version 2.0) <<

abstauber

Cool, thanks for sharing! It's also surprisingly fast. Do you have any plans to speed it up even more via the Lua plugin?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 14/10/2014 07:39:46
Do you have any plans to speed it up even more via the Lua plugin?
Nope. I love the Lua plugin, but this is meant for people who don't use plugins. If you use the Lua plugin, I suppose you wouldn't even need that shit, considering all the libraries that exist in Lua.

AprilSkies

Oh!!

This is all obsolete tech you say.... but I HAVE PLANS FOR THIS OBSOLETE TECH! Useful to me!!

thanks MO !

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: AprilSkies on Tue 14/10/2014 08:30:38
I HAVE PLANS FOR THIS OBSOLETE TECH!

Me too ;) Why do you think I wrote this? ;) I hope we don't have the same secret plan :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk