A comic by me....Now in colour...really bad colour!

Started by Eggie, Fri 28/03/2003 22:19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

http://eggie.sphosting.com/blurrya.GIF
MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE OR YOU WILL BE FLOODED WITH POP-UPS!  :o

Not particuarly funny but...visually the best comic I've ever made (sad isn't it?)

It might be a little hard to pick up on if you haven't seen the original Mr. Blurry pictures. Search for Eggie on 2draw and you should find them.

EDIT: ARGH! Just realised I missed out a word in the first panel!  >:(

Scummbuddy

haha...nice ending!  very funny
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Flippy_D

A little too small to be seen clearly. The ol' anonymizer doublesize trick here, methinks.

Oh, and you're right, that is ALOT of popups.

Neole

Eggie

Thanks everyone. Mr.Blurry will return.  ;D

Jimi

I couldn't read/see that clearly so I opened your site. I had one pop-up, and "Site Disblaed"  :'(

Eggie

What you say ???
The site is still working.  

Flippy_D

It says hotlinking disabled, hence the anonymizer-induced picture I posted, Jimi.

Jimi

MadReizka

Quote from: â,¬99!â,¬ on Sat 29/03/2003 20:31:22
What you say

"You have no chance to survive make your time, ha ha ha"

Check out the whole video: http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/video3.shtml
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Eggie

Page two is all planned out. Now to draw it up properly. I'm thinking I could maybe add a new one every friday?

Jimi

You could call it: "The Friday Funfit" (that was CRAP I know.).

Jimi

I don't know, a fit of fun? I made it up!  :-[

Eggie

I don't suspect having a fit is fun.

MrColossal

hey egg, i'm just about to go to one of my comic classes so i decided maybe i should spread the 27000$ a year knowledge to people who aren't rich [and by rich i mean giving loan officers blowjobs in the back of seedy nightclubs]

the only problems i have with it is, it's in pencil and the letters are black black black

if you are planning on doing all the art in pencil and not inking them, then you need a heavier pencil or at least to darken the lines in photoshop

i also don't really know what's going on. i take it the "we will shoot" panel is Mr Blurry talking on a video screen and what does the other alien talking about head surgeon mean?

also, the panel with the ship getting shot up could be drawn more clear, why not show the ships that are shooting at Mr Blurry's ship, so far we haven't seen them at all so i had no clue that they were being chased. The first panel of a comic like this should set that up, so MrB's ship running from the evil ships, and try and give them different shapes so they don't all look like pods.

i tried searching for you on 2draw but all i ended up with is this comic, so the whole "A first name" thing doesn't really make that much sense unless i really think about it.

OH! i get it now, the little tv screen that's following him is the tv screen from the 7th panel, gotcha, so the booping in the 6th panel is what? him getting ready to fire?

a good thing that you did that you can capitalize off of is giving MrB and the videoscreen guy different voice bubbles, one is square and the other is jaggedy, that way you can show just MrB's finger pressing the button with a label on it "arm lasers" or something, and still have dialogue going on and still have it easily understandable, you don't have to always have the person who is talking in the panel [if we've seen them before] especially with a unique speech bubble. know what i mean?

i love the last 3 panels i think that's really funny

so to sum up, i really kinda liked your lord of the rings comic, and this one i can see where you're going but there are still things that need a little bit of work, i hope you don't get disheartened because i think you are headed in the right direction, the things you just need to work on is storytelling and panel composition.

eric

edit:

now to show what i mean, i redrew and inked this comic to try and help i really hope you don't mind, i didn't add any text cause well i didn't want to heh, it was just about the drawing and now the text. the only thing i left out is the "i liked you better before you were head surgeon" cause i had no clue what that ment.

what i tried to do is establish that there is set up a shot showing what we need to know, a spaceship running from another much larger spaceship. then i show someone talking into a tv screen, then we see who he is talking too [what i didn't do well is make it look like the same head in the screen was the one we saw before] i don't know if switching around to his backside is a good idea but i tried it anyway, then i went for a more graphic representation of his anger, with the big lines and angery thing on his face

then when he says that they are going to fire we see him reaching for a button labeled fire, then we have a heroic stance for our main character, then the blast which needs a sound effect and prolly some more sparks and stuff

then we get to see him in a completly different pose from before, so we get to see how much his body changed from the last heroic pose to now... then we have the speaker come down and say the damage, then the next panel it says the damage thing twice once at top then once at bottom in a new speech bubble [if i drew it] then the smash then the joke

maybe the last panel would be better with him with googly eyes holding his hand that's all broken with stars so we know he punched it

but i dunno, i hope this helps

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Gilbert

Actually if you don't want to spend your time improving it after scanning a pencil image, try to mess around teh brightness/contrast with some tiny graphics programme on it, this can make the content more readible.

Eggie

Wow....that's really good...  :o It makes me feel untalented.

I'll try and follow The way of Mr Collosal in comic making from now on!  ;D

Thanks a lot.  :)

*Joins The Eric worshipping cult*  :)

Eggie

Not too happy with this one. Oh well, at least it has an AGS reference.

I need to get myself a proper inking type pen...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk