Lion Pig - iOS/Android/Amazon

Started by EchosofNezhyt, Thu 16/10/2014 23:13:39

Previous topic - Next topic

EchosofNezhyt

(This is ok for this section right?)
Hey, I just finished up a game with my programmer buddy. (I worked on the character art/animation and all the UI/Menus/Logos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJi_aZKqCs

Its on iOS/Android/Amazon, its got a old school platformer feel,  simplified and easy to control.

If anyone wants to check it out,

Store Page:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.selosoft.lionpig&hl=en
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lion-pig/id896054249?mt=8
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Selosoft-Inc-Lion-Pig/dp/B00O5G9T6Q

Quote• 36 Levels in 7 different worlds: Grasslands, The Water Hole, Windy Sands, Frozen Valley, Lava Castle, Techno City and the Mysterious Black and White Bonus World
• Bonus levels include special themed challenges like timed platform movement, anti gravity and color switching mechanics
• Various obstacles including fireballs, snowballs, spinning blades, spike walls, jellyfish and much more
• Speed run to compete on the Leaderboards and earn Achievements in Google Play Game Services
• Fun music soundtrack inspired by retro and modern styles
• Hidden secrets!
• Simple and intuitive touch controls makes Lion Pig a fun game for players of all ages.

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy some of the pixel stuff in it :) Hard to get any exposure so I'm sharing it around some forums I frequent.

EchosofNezhyt

Halloween Update Coming Soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D817_TnvbPs

QuotePromo video of the upcoming Halloween Update for Lion Pig. It includes 6 new levels (5 core and 1 bonus), and they are definitely the most challenging yet. There is also 2 new songs, a secondary control option in the D-pad classic style, an option to restart levels from the pause menu automatically and some other features and improvements to the game. And there is also a halloween costume for Lion Pig (not shown in the video).

straydogstrut

I think you're in the right place, yes :smiley:

It looks great, I like the chunky pixel graphics and the little Lion Pig looks SO sweet!!

I've only played the first few levels up to 2.2 but liking it so far. There's a lot of variety from what I can see in your videos so looking forward to playing more.

For some reason no sound plays for me.. It may be my phone throwing its toys out the pram though as it works on my iPad so will keep trying. I'll try to get the device logs but if no-one else reports anything don't worry about it. I did try fiddling with the sound levels in the options menu to no avail. I would say that those sliders are really hard to touch on iPhone though.

That aside, the only minor suggestions I do have are to make the climbing onto wall animation a little faster, and have the level select focus on the page you got to. As I didn't remember that the last locked box was the bonus level, I played through the last 1.* level again when I restarted the game. It was only after a couple of times of that that I twigged that I needed to press the right arrow to move to the next page. If that makes sense?

Overall though, very impressed. I like story in my games but there's something to be said for these old school games that just get down to business from the off. It's a solid little platformer and looks great on iPhone. Also it's a lion pig. What's not to like? :grin:

EchosofNezhyt

Thanks man.

No other sound complaints and its been tested on most of the iStuff. :X Sound is a cool part of this game hehe.

With the coming halloween update, we have another control scheme set up, more of a classic dpad with action button no swiping. Some changes with water movement, you can now swim up.

7 new challenging levels, lion pig got all dressed up for halloween which wasn't shown in the video and some other tweaks.

As for your suggestions, both seem pretty valid. I'll see whats up. Halloween is coming up so fast trying to get this update out in time.

The story, we did have one but we just didn't get it in.

The idea was that he grew up playing other platformers and they could all jump. Being he had weak pig legs he couldn't really be as cool as the others.

So it was gonna be spread out at each level with some little flavor stuff and some images. Then at the end, you see he became a programmer and programmed the game.

Thanks for checking it out tho.

Edit: Oh and there is 1 emerald coin hidden in each set of levels. If you decide you want to search for them.

straydogstrut

Quote from: Frito Master on Sat 18/10/2014 00:17:09
Edit: Oh and there is 1 emerald coin hidden in each set of levels. If you decide you want to search for them.

Ah, think I found one by accident when I fell to the bottom of a watery ditch. I wondered what that was all about, lol :cheesy:

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sat 18/10/2014 01:16:34
Quote from: Frito Master on Sat 18/10/2014 00:17:09

Ah, think I found one by accident when I fell to the bottom of a watery ditch. I wondered what that was all about, lol :cheesy:

Yep :) (We still have updated what they unlock tho, so no need to rush. Theres a achievement tho atm.) Thanks again!

Edit: Its free with ads on android, if anyone wants to try it and give some rating :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk