My first character

Started by Wicked, Sat 01/11/2014 01:44:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked

Hello I thought I would just show off my character, she will be animated shortly after I finish shading her pants, shirt and make some  other things I was wondering if there any MAJOR problems with her if you think  so I can correct them before I get to animating?

Any constructive criticism does help, but honestly this is probably pretty good as it gets for my drawing skills 

Cassiebsg

Looks just fine. :)

There seem to be something with the porpotions, head/waist/leg that just seems a tad wrong, but may be just me.
If you haven't used a reference picture, try putting one by it's side, just to make sure.

Maybe try getting the head slightly slender?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

[delete}

looks quite 80's

Lasca

Looks real nice! The only thing I was thinking about is the feet from the backside perspective. Looks like they could turn out to the sides a bit more, compared to the frontal perspective. Don't you think?

Wicked

There seem to be something with the porpotions, head/waist/leg that just seems a tad wrong, but may be just me.

Now I look at it her waist seems a bit off,and wow her leg ( im no good at drawing people hehehe ) her head I think  its ok her hair is supposed to be bushy. You should have seen her before  I fixed alot of her stuff.

QuoteIt's worth exploring her lines a bit more. Just curious, do you intend classical or vector animation?

I wanna go with vector im not good at pixel and ill be doing some hand painting around her face, she supposed to portray a girl int he 80s  kinda a outsider.

QuoteLooks real nice! The only thing I was thinking about is the feet from the backside perspective. Looks like they could turn out to the sides a bit more, compared to the frontal perspective. Don't you think?

Yes I found that out this week as I was trying to figure out how to animate her, and realized  after my second drawing of her shoes that they are still at the wrong angle.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it, ill try fixing those problems this weekend see if I can get there, im mostly trying to get some details on her shirt and pants done  then lastly its her hair and face.

cat

The height of the crotch isn't the same in front and backview. In the front it looks like jeans with a super low waistline while in the back it's just regular waistline.

ChestPecRespect

Loving the attention to detail on clothing and accessories but face is pretty unremarkable.
Is she supposed to be an adult?

Wicked

QuoteThe height of the crotch isn't the same in front and backview. In the front it looks like jeans with a super low waistline while in the back it's just regular waistline.

I took a look at what your trying to tell me and I dont understand  the front and back images are mirrored with slight detailes fixed.

QuoteLoving the attention to detail on clothing and accessories but face is pretty unremarkable.
Is she supposed to be an adult?

Thanks about the details sadly im going to scale this character down immensely for my game so most of that detail will sadly be for not , and she is a HS teenager I might scullpt her cheek bones slightly more thinner. I will do some tests today and see how they come out .

thanks

Mancomb Seepgood

I really like your character. Especially hands are very difficult to draw and you mastered it quite perfectly. I think she looks kinda strong-willed with her broad face with high cheekbones (and the visible collarbone, that makes her head and neck look upright) but a bit dreamy at the same time. All in all she looks very likeable.
I don't know how old you want her to be.. If teenage means around 16 to you then I think she looks a little short (intentionally?). If you don't want her to look short you can arrange that by resizing the head just a little bit.
The seams at her front pockets are at the wrong side of the edge I think.
I believe there is a chance to meet this girl in real life.. ;) (looking realistic). Great work!
I'm not a pro so all I'm saying is of course very subjective.

Wicked

thanks for the heads up the pocket is a little off, sometimes you need freash  eyes on the project, and yes she is supposed to be short and 18, I did curvier her jawline a little more and added more details to her, ill be re-posting the image soon i just been procrastinating and working on her shoes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk