November Tune Contest - Newborn (Winner Announced)

Started by Erenan, Sat 01/11/2014 20:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Erenan

Tune Contest! This time the theme is simple: Newborn. You can interpret that however you like. Create a tune somehow centering on the theme "Newborn" and then post it in this thread, preferably with a little blurb to explain the interpretation of the theme.

The criteria for winning is simple: My wife (pregnant and due to deliver this month :D) will choose the winner. Whichever track she likes the most will win.

The deadline for this contest is simple: This will run until November 24, 2014 (please let me know now if you want to enter but you don't think this will be enough time for you).
The Bunker

Erenan

The Bunker

Erenan

The Bunker

Dualnames

http://duals.agser.me/Files/isthatit.ogg

Here's my entry and I suggest we run this till someone makes a new entry, so that I don't win by default.

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mandle

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 23/11/2014 07:45:45
http://duals.agser.me/Files/isthatit.ogg

Here's my entry and I suggest we run this till someone makes a new entry, so that I don't win by default.

I suggest exactly the same thing!

I have been watching this thread and have been so interested in what musicians might do with the theme...

I would have even jumped in with an entry except that I have zero musical ability nor software/hardware to do so...

COME ON MUSICAL PEOPLE!!! This dude's wife is about to give birth and has promised that whatever you name your soundtrack as WILL be the baby's name!!!

GET TO IT!!!

Dualnames

QuoteThis dude's wife is about to give birth and has promised that whatever you name your soundtrack as WILL be the baby's name!!!

What!? No, he never said that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Le Woltaire

Mandle

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 23/11/2014 09:10:07
QuoteThis dude's wife is about to give birth and has promised that whatever you name your soundtrack as WILL be the baby's name!!!

What!? No, he never said that.

I know, but shhhhhhhh...

It will help motivate...

Erenan

All right, since two people have entered now, I shall extend this until the 24th (i.e. if you deliver a tune on or before the 24th then you're good).

Baby already arrived and has been given a name already, but I think a name change might be in order, so get those tunes in!!! :-D
The Bunker

Doc_Savage

Erenan

If you can get something done today, then you can still enter!
The Bunker

Juan Dahmen

Hi,

I just read this.
I'm a day late. I could do something for today, just for fun.

May I?

Erenan

You may certainly do something for fun, but yeah, I think I will consider the two existing entries as the only official ones. Will announce a winner soon.
The Bunker

Dualnames

Erenan

To those who have submitted entries: While not strictly necessary, it would be in your best interest to submit a little blurb to explain the interpretation of the theme.
The Bunker

Le Woltaire

The beginning of my piece represents an embryonal state where cells start to grow. Music is not defined but grows at a cellular level. Similar beginnings exist in Bruckner's eight symphony or the cellular structure in Morton Feldman's pieces. It is a state far before the birth of music. Suddenly forms an chords start to appear. But their shapes are only partially defined. A general break in the middle initiates the actual birth of music. The piece starts to get prospective in the deeper and hihger sonic spectrum. Structured cluster chords are generated from the cellular material that could be heard at the beginning. Shapes and forms get more clear and less edgy. Music is now in a state after its growth and birth. Similar clusters and shapes can be heard in the piece "Lontano" by Gyorgy Ligeti.

Juan Dahmen

Ok, I'll check the forums quicker the next time.
I like both pieces of music btw, each in a different sense.
Good luck! :smiley:

Dualnames

I don't know, it's just i thought building up a song to a nostalgic melody would work, i'm pretty proud of how this came out to be. I guess i wanted to show the build up of emotions as you first gaze to the improbable. A rush of sentiments slowly building i guess.

Erenan

Both entries were very good and captured the theme quite well, but only one can be the winner. The track my wife liked most was Dualnames's "Is That It" so I am now declaring Dualnames the winner! Congratulations! You may start a new contest whenever you are ready.
The Bunker

Dualnames

Congratulations on your newborn, and great entry as well Le Woltaire, I feel as though your entry was more polished per se. Will start a new one ASAP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk