One question on AGS 3.4

Started by Druuna, Mon 03/11/2014 10:12:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Druuna

Hi to ALL !!!
For first excuseme for my bad english :grin:
I see on the forum You working on AGS 3.4 ( wow ... with any resolutions  :-D ) and I want to know if You thinked to add an option for copy/paste coordinates from the rooms image to the script page ... or like now I have to remember it or write it somewhere ?!?!

Thanks for future answer :-D

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Druuna on Mon 03/11/2014 10:12:22
Hi to ALL !!!
For first excuseme for my bad english :grin:
I see on the forum You working on AGS 3.4 ( wow ... with any resolutions  :-D ) and I want to know if You thinked to add an option for copy/paste coordinates from the rooms image to the script page ... or like now I have to remember it or write it somewhere ?!?!

Thanks for future answer :-D

This works in 3.2 too.
Click middle mouse button, then "Copy coordinates to clipboard".

Druuna

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!  8-0
All this time ( 2 years of note-write ) and i don't know i can use the middle button for this !!!!!!
Thank YOU very much for this information .... You saved me from a pile of papers :-D !!!!!!!!!

Thanks again !!!

Monsieur OUXX

I had no idea either. That's cool.

Dualnames

WAIT THIS EXISTED?!?!?!!?!?!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

It was done with right-click since AGS 3.0, but for some reason it was later moved to Middle click. (Perhaps it was conflicting with eraser tools)

Personally I find this a grandiose design mistake, because no one expects this (and this thread replies are proof :-\).

Creator

Ha ha. Funnily enough, I did know about this, but have forgotten in recent times. I've been writing the coordinates into the room script file as comments until I added it to a function.

AprilSkies

WUT????
Oh shit! I lost the best afternoons and the best nights in the last two years writing coordinates on paper!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Crimson Wizard

Hey let's ask AGA to put this info on forum headline? :)

Gurok

I think it should just be a tip of the day, if it's not already.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Crimson Wizard

BTW, regarding hidden knowledge.

Spoiler

Did you know...
That RunInteraction() only runs interaction function after current script ends?
Code: ags

function on_mouse_click(MouseButton button)
{
    Hotspot *h = Hotspot.GetAtScreenXY(mouse.x, mouse.y);
    if (h) {
        Display("Before");
        h.RunInteraction(eModeLookat);
        Display("After");
    }
}

This will happen:
1. "Before" is displayed.
2. "After" is displayed.
3. Hotspot_OnLookat handler is run.
[close]

Dualnames

Yeah, i've found that. THE HARD WAY. I always thought it never executed anything below it, but it's kay.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 22/11/2014 23:45:53
Did you know that RunInteraction() only runs interaction function after current script ends?

NOPE. That might allow massive script hacks, that's really cool.

For example I've always had trouble intercepting "player stands on walkable area" events, to make the player automatically say "oops I shouldn't go there" and then come back. But he always does it after reaching destination, when it's too late. My 6th sense tells me this might be fixed with that. (I haven't given it a thought yet, it's just intuition)

Monsieur OUXX

Regarding the middle-click: it should definitely be moved back to right-click. It makes no sense as it is. If there are conflicting controls, then a proper solution must be found.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... kind of weird to be the newbie and know something the veterans didn't don't without even realize it.  (roll) But think I found it by accident, rather than anything else, and took me a while to figure it was the middle button... I would click on the right button, and think "But I'm sure the other day the copy coordinates was displayed"... (nod)

@Monsieur OUXX, wouldn't Regions solve that problem? I also had problems making the character move away from an area and saying his lines when I was trying to do it with a Walkable area... solved it with creating a region though. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 23/11/2014 21:01:20
@Monsieur OUXX, wouldn't Regions solve that problem? I also had problems making the character move away from an area and saying his lines when I was trying to do it with a Walkable area... solved it with creating a region though. :)
I meant regions. I don't think there is a "player stands on walkable area" event, but there is a "player stands on region" event. My point was: Since scripts are executed in a specific order, it's hard to intercept such event, especially force the player to not do the script instructions that are queued in the events "beyond" the region that's supposed to intercept his actions.

Druuna

Hi....im again  :-D
Now i use the new AGS 3.4 but i see there are not DOC manual when you using the HELP (?!?) for searching the scripts example or the other helpfull things.....
Any solutions to having the MANUAL back again ???

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Druuna on Thu 01/01/2015 12:35:42
Hi....im again  :-D
Now i use the new AGS 3.4 but i see there are not DOC manual when you using the HELP (?!?) for searching the scripts example or the other helpfull things.....
Any solutions to having the MANUAL back again ???

The only thing I can think of is that you are running AGS from a folder without write access, and the manual cannot create Index file. But that is just the guess.

I would suggest to ask questions about errors in the 3.4 editor in its own thread, because the version did not have final release yet.

monkey0506

The issue with the manual actually sounds like a known issue with Windows' overprotective security settings. If you go to the properties of the CHM help file (right click on the file, Properties), you'll probably see some warning about it having originated from the Internet.  There should be an "Unblock" button. That should fix it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk