Chronicle of Innsmouth

Started by rmonic79, Fri 07/11/2014 02:07:48

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

rmonic79

Added some work in progress backgrounds. I have a question, is there a tag to resize screenshots to make the diary more readable?

rmonic79

added an almost finished animated background. See you soon :)

Darth Mandarb

Please post unfinished art assets in the critics lounge if you want feedback on them.

rmonic79

The demo is almost done, but, for the moment only in Italian. The next step will be the english translation. Meanwhile take a look at the video in diary, very funny :) it was completely unexpected :)

rmonic79

tech demo 1.0 version is out. Italian and english languages are avaible. Minor update to game and english translation on the next release.
Enjoy it and see you soon ;)

Monsieur OUXX

Owwww, I just fell for the mirror trick!!!! Haha I'm so pissed off, I didn't save my game! :D I hope you didn't make that mirror with the "Easy Mirrors" module, otherwise the irony would be hilarious.

I loved this demo. Just 3 months ago I read this book, it was my first Lovecraft book ever, and I thought "this would be the PERFECT plot for a point n click game!" And boom, there you are.

Mandle

Just played the demo and LOVED the mood and story of the game!!! This has the potential to become a classic Lovecraft game of the magnitude of "Shadow Of The Comet"...

The one puzzle in the game is already excellent!!! I speak of the tiara puzzle...VERY well done!

The only thing that spoils the demo are the barely understandable english translations...

BUT....Heeeeere I coooome to saaaaave the daaaaay!!! (/mighty mouse)

If the author would permit I would love to edit the english version of the game so that it is fully playable for non-Italian speakers.

I have mailed you already and you know my credentials as the editor of "Donald Dowell" and "Tales", both by AprilSkies...also an Italian games' author...

I do not speak italian but I have a lot of experience with the translated english from italian and know quite well what was trying to be said...I also play the games through again and again to establish context and write to provide the most seamless experience possible in a translated game. My goal is always to strive so that the player does even suspect that the game was translated from another language...

I offer my services if you wish to enlist them...

rongel

Nice demo! We need more Lovecraft games that actually are based on his writings. Also it seems you know the settings and the mythos well, it was nice that the demo was very similiar to the actual story.

Good luck with the rest of the game!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Mandle

I've been working with the game devs over the last few days and the (hopefully) seamless English version of this awesome demo is almost ready...

I sooooo always wanted to make and/or work on a Lovecraft game and this one is just magic in the way it captures both the feel of the mythos and also the charm of Monkey Island and other early LucasArts games...

Sooooo excited right now!

rmonic79

TECHDEMO updated to 1.1 textproof and editing to english translation by Mandle.
Thank you very much!

Monsieur OUXX

Mandle

Quote from: rmonic79 on Wed 23/09/2015 15:32:07
TECHDEMO updated to 1.1 textproof and editing to english translation by Mandle.
Thank you very much!

WOOHOOO!!! I hope this opens the demo up to more appreciation from the English speaking portion of the community!

Because if you like Lovecraft or like well-made atmospheric and nostalgic games or better still you like all of the above, then you're gonna love this demo and hope dearly for the full release!

Dor Hajaj

I Played the demo and i REALLY liked it!
Great vibe, you can really dive into this and feel inside the game within the very first seconds of playing.
Amazing work!

rmonic79

thanks guys, the game is finally on Steam greenlight. If you like the demo support us ;)
We made a little contest to promote the game and to have a direct link to those who like the project at the following link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/518818226

CrashPL

rmonic79

Thanks CrashPl, we're #30 on 1680 right now, maybe something good could happen. :)

rmonic79

Hi guys, thanks to everyone that support us. Chronicle of Innsmouth was Greenlit on Steam :)

AnasAbdin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk