Started by DeviantGent, Mon 10/11/2014 19:32:46

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantGent

A FULL DIRECTORY OF ONLINE RESOURCES FOR REALITY ON THE NORM

Wiki Site - NEEDS FLESHING OUT IN A BIG WAY
Official Facebook Page
Official Tumblr Page
TV Tropes

(updatable upon request, suggestion or nonsensical threats involving walruses)
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

DeviantGent

There is now also a tumblr, if that is how you choose to pickle your peaches.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Renegade Implementor

I've just sticky-ed this topic so the list of various social media that RoN is on doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

RoN also has a page on TV Tropes, which can be found here.

And a Wikia, which can be found here.

DeviantGent

I'm really hoping the Wiki starts to take off. Its possibilities as a developer resource are unlimited.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Retro Wolf

I was thinking about proposing a wiki a while ago, I might contribute.

DeviantGent

Nice one. I've made a start on the Lunchtime of the Damned page, there's a format taking shape that can be applied to the other game pages (although I think a "Connections to Other Games" section would be exceedingly useful").

EDIT - first article completed.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Retro Wolf

I figured I'd do the Reality Check Trilogy first, since I know everything about it obviously! (laugh)

For the download links I've linked to my GameJolt account downloads, since these are the latest versions. I'll change them back to the RotN site when I get confirmation from Renegade Implementor that he's updated the downloads on the site.
Though thinking about it do you think offering multiple download links might be a good idea?

This guy has done walkthroughs for a lot of AGS games, there's some RotN games on there so perhaps we could link to them?
http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl/category/walkthrough/

Retro Wolf

I had some ideas for what could be included in the character BIOs.
http://realityonthenorm.wikia.com/wiki/Paul_Bednaux_%28character%29

I won't be offended if anything gets changed. ;)

DeviantGent

Looking good! I'm sure any additional categories we'll need we'll work out as and when we do the others and retroactively apply. For now, I think it's a good format to follow.

For characters, I think it would be handy to have their External Links section have a link to their individual .cha file, for ease of people acquiring if they decide to make use of a character after reading their article.

22 pages so far. Not a bad start at all. :grin:
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Retro Wolf

I've had trouble adding images, I've gone to "add media" in the page editor. Pasted the url of the image from the RotN site (it says I can do this), yet nothing happens. Have you been using an alternate method? Or are the Wikia gods displeased with me?!

DeviantGent

TBH I find the Visual Editor a bit of a grind. I find it useful for links and adding the episode template, but for everything else I use the Classic Editor.

For images, I downloaded the pics from the RON site to my system and uploaded them.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

DeviantGent

Milestone Update - The RON Wiki just hit 50 pages in various stages of completion.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

DeviantGent

Wiki Update - Every submitted game (excluding demos and Virtual Resources) now has their own individual page.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk