Rogue State - NOW ON STEAM!

Started by KodiakBehr, Mon 10/11/2014 23:47:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Problem

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 29/01/2015 15:42:50
Don't be daft, they're just standing to attention. :P

This is actually true for the character on the right. :)
Maybe I'll upload a short video soon, so you can see how the characters look animated.

Problem

...and here it is: a short video with character animations!

[embed=640,400]http://youtu.be/6M0eiEVuNhE[/embed]

(If possible, watch in HD)

AnasAbdin

Nice video :) felt as if I'm playing.

Haggis

Looks fantastic, all that hard work is really paying off! The animation work is particularly outstanding!

Cassiebsg

Really lovely stuff there! :-D
Love it how you get the "portraits" speaking, it's something I fell that is missing in a lot of games that use portraits.

Here's a few thoughts I had while watching the video:
Spoiler

I miss some kind of frame around the portrait, or a "fade" in the edges of it... don't know exactly what and how, just feel that there's some kind of finish missing in there.

I missed the "hand gesture" inviting to sit on the sofa. But not sure if it's possible when the portrait and text is running. Just felt natural to me to have the character do the gesture. I know I did it in my mind. ;)

The Ambassador seems quite unease seating like that... Maybe he's not planning to stay very long and therefor isn't relaxing on the sofa?

And now that I looked a second time at the video, I feel the arms/hands to be a bit stiff in their swing. Remember that when we walk, there are 3 major joints that are moving, and sometimes even the fingers swing a bit. But that might be going a bit too far for this. ;) It's not a big deal, I didn't even noticed it the first time I watched it. But if you have the time, you might wish to adjust it slightly.

Hope I'm not abusing... if so just send me to go find "a corner in a barrel"... (laugh)
[/quote]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Problem

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

@Cassiebsg: No, you're not abusing! This is the kind of feedback we need.

AprilSkies

I A M S P E E C H L E S S
Great job guys! it gets better every time I see this thread

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Looks pretty awesome guys!

KodiakBehr

*Psst.  If anyone is up for helping us out with some much-needed voice-work, check out our post in the recruitment section.*

Meanwhile, to thank you for your attention, here are some pretty WIP pictures for the game.  Derek is going for a Moebius-esque art style.

straydogstrut

Wow, this is looking fantastic! 8-0 The backgrounds are gorgeous and the animation is very smooth. I can see this being a real pleasure just to move around in. Keep up the great work :-D

KodiakBehr

Rogue State is nearing completion but needs some help filling some of our roles.  Middle Eastern accents would have been nice, but we'd much rather this game gets fully casted.  See our thread in the Recruitment section and drop us a line if you're interested.

KodiakBehr

Hi everyone.

For those who are interested in Rogue State and how things are progressing -- things are moving along well, we have a large chunk of the voice acting complete and will be going into full beta hopefully by the end of the month.  We're hoping to be on Steam Greenlight by the late-summer or early-fall.

We've got a wild idea for the introductory credits, but we need help from the AGS community.

MufasaRKG

The artwork for the game is amazing. Just played that video clip animation play of the game and looks really smooth as well.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS
Underground Art, Music, & Culture

Problem

Here's a new screenshot:

The game is progressing well! we're currently improving the visuals and implementing sound, music and speech. The game should be ready for a beta test soon.

Oh, and we could still use a couple of voices for our great choir: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51869.0

CaptainD

This just looks better and better every time you post something!!

Problem

Thank you! :)
We're working really hard to get this game ready for a beta test soon. We're also preparing a trailer.

And in case it wasn't clear that Rogue State is a strategy game...

KodiakBehr

We're officially on Steam Greenlight!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489724149

Come check out our game, and let Steam know if you think it deserves to be on the shelves!

AnasAbdin

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Tue 28/07/2015 15:31:53Come check out our game, and let Steam know if you think it deserves to be on the shelves!

If Rogue State doesn't deserve to be on the shelves then what does? :-\

kconan

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Tue 28/07/2015 15:31:53
Come check out our game, and let Steam know if you think it deserves to be on the shelves!

This was once on the shelves: https://toilettycoon.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/toilet-tycoon-win8.jpg

Your game deserves to be on a shelf...A much, much higher (and prestigous) one than Toilet Tycoon.

Problem

And here it is, featuring the voices of many AGSers...

Ladies and Gentlemen, rise for our national anthem:

[embed=800,450]http://youtu.be/bXDUHXolrFs[/embed]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk