Rogue State - NOW ON STEAM!

Started by KodiakBehr, Mon 10/11/2014 23:47:59

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Super!!! I really love it ;-D
Man typing while standing in front of my PC is hard! (laugh) I'll wait until it finishes.

(roll)

Ok. One question though, how many rooms is Rogue State going to have? So far I only see a couple of rooms.

Problem

Rogue State is more strategy/simulation than adventure game, so there are not many "rooms". You have your office, the situation room, a couple of special screens and countless of GUIs that pop up when you click on the room objects.

Cassiebsg

Looks and sounds great! (nod)

Why do I keep listening to it well after the video has stopped? It's freaky! It's etched into my mind! 8-0 (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

shaun9991

the steam trailer is great!! looking awesome :) i voted!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

KodiakBehr

Hey AGS!

We've been Greenlit after only nine days.  Couldn't have done it without all of your support.

Thank you!

AnasAbdin

Woohoo! Congrats guys :-D great to see more AGS games on steam!

Mandle

BASENJI...BASENJI...

YOU'RE OUR ONLY LOOOVE!!!

KodiakBehr

We've got space for some fake ads to randomly appear with the in-game newspaper.  I thought it'd be cool to toss in references to other indie games under development right now.

If you want your game in there, drop me a line.  Images need to be B&W, 347 x 145.

SilverSpook

Congratulations, and extremely awesome trailer!  I got distinct feelings of Sacha Baron Cohen's The Dictator, and Borat, especially with triumphalist choir singing the Basenji national anthem.  Like when Borat belts to a stadium full of drunk angry Texans expecting the Star Spangled Banner, "Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world..."

Definitely going to have to check this out.

Blondbraid

QuoteI got distinct feelings of Sacha Baron Cohen's The Dictator, and Borat, especially with triumphalist choir singing the Basenji national anthem.
Gotta agree with SilverSpook on that point, I was also reminded of the Tropico games. And while I must admit that resource management games hardly is my cup
of tea the awesome trailer with the even more awesome song caught my enthusiasm right away. My only question is how the country came to be named after a
central African dog breed? ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 28/08/2015 21:41:22
I must admit that resource management games hardly is my cup
of tea

You'll be quite surprised I'd say...

I've been testing the game for some time now and, without any spoilers:

This is the first time I've ever cried while playing a simulation/management game.

KodiakBehr

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 28/08/2015 21:41:22
My only question is how the country came to be named after a central African dog breed? ;-D

After the Americans annexed the region in 1966, they formed a new state and named it after the fictional homeland of Jeannie in the sorta-popular sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie", mostly because Americans love renaming places after wars that they're never going to visit again.

QuoteThis is the first time I've ever cried while playing a simulation/management game.

This is the first time I've ever cried trying to make one.

Mandle

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Sat 29/08/2015 00:28:24
QuoteThis is the first time I've ever cried while playing a simulation/management game.

This is the first time I've ever cried trying to make one.

HAHAHAHA!!! (laugh)

Problem

Don't laugh, this is serious! ;)
The game has been in Beta since June, and thanks to great feedback from our testers it has improved a lot since then. It feels like it's really coming together now, and we're very close to the finish line.

Meanwhile, here's another soundtrack preview:
http://www.problematic-music.com/download/NeverReallyOver.mp3

Problem

ICYMI...

Rogue State will be released on October 16th! 8-0

AnasAbdin

Congrats then :-D RS and my brother will share the same birthday 8-)

Blondbraid

I just checked it out on steam, and everything I've seen of this game so far seems great! ;-D

KodiakBehr

No Dune Mice were hurt in the making of Rogue State.

Yet.

KodiakBehr

My friends, Rogue State has just been released on Steam.  We're selling for 25% off this week, so you can get a copy for less than $10 USD.  Thank you all for your support throughout this journey.

Cassiebsg

Basenji Basenji! :-D
Good luck! (even though luck has nothing to do with this... (roll) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk