GO NORTH

Started by Dualnames, Tue 11/11/2014 02:18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

You know, sometimes, hope is needed in humanity to brace the terrible and the enchanted. To engulf our hearts with embers of the night, as we flow like lava under the moonlit skydome. Are we not men? In our minds, we are. Are we not soldiers? In our minds we are. And bewildered you stand if only to enjoy each other's mindsets. But without further ado, the perception of the single, greatest, mind-changing game is here.

Poetic, frivolous, forever fallen into the hands of few

The question is: Where Do you Go?

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD EXTRA JAVASCRIPT PORT BY D LEGEND, PEDER JOHNSEN

TEAM:

• Dualnames: Music, Artwork, Coding, Design, 20GB RAIN
  • Peder Johnsen: Port, Design, Mumble
  • Qptain Nemo: Professional Voice Acting, ASMR
  • JimReed: Went North

This game has been created within an hour to continue an IRC inside joke between me, nemo, peder, galen, carina, pablo, roger, tim schwaefer and JimReed.

SEQUEL HERE
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AprilSkies

I went North rofl

www.apemarina.altervista.org

miguel

I got lost inside the building with the tall pillars and it took me a while to solve that trunk puzzle but in the end I kind of knew the compass was the key. Nice touch having to reverse engineer a compass! I learned something playing this game.
Good job guys!

PS: I got the guy wearing shorts ending, I'd love to know what other players had!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Monsieur OUXX

HAHAHAHAHA! ;-D

(spoiler)
Spoiler

This game was the exact opposite of what I expected :D
[close]

(anotherspoiler)
Spoiler

This is like the anglo-saxon twin brother of OceanSpirit Dennis.
[close]

CaptainD

Am I ready for the single, greatest, mind-changing game there is? I don't know!!  But I'm going to try anyway :-D

Congrats on the release.

AprilSkies

I love the characters of this game!

CaptainD

I was very disappointed with the limited parser.  I attempted to eat my own foot but the game didn't even acknowledge me. (roll)  It also wouldn't let me GO TO THE SHOPS, which I felt was unfairly restrictive.

Nice twist at the end, good ambient SFX, and fun voice acting!

miguel

Yeah but the female voices are several levels better than the male ones, I guess it was a budget issue rather than a intentional "avant-garde" artistic choice  although the forum feminists here will be delighted.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dualnames

I may or not be preparing a sequel
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

CaptainD

Mandle

AprilSkies

Monsieur OUXX

SPOILER
Spoiler

I tried "GO FUCK YOURSELF" and was very disappointed that it didn't work. For real.
[close]

AprilSkies

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 14/11/2014 16:09:25
SPOILER
Spoiler

I tried "GO FUCK YOURSELF" and was very disappointed that it didn't work. For real.
[close]

I hope issues like this will be fixed in GO NORTH 2 (I also run in this glitch).

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 13/11/2014 11:30:17
(anotherspoiler)
Spoiler

This is like the anglo-saxon twin brother of OceanSpirit Dennis.
[close]
I like the way you think, monsieur.

Grim

I was so excited to see another game by Dualnames (it's like watching a new film by Quentin Tarantino to me) - and then I read it was made in an hour... :(

I haven't played it yet. I will soon. It might be the best hour game ever made. But my point is: I hope you're out there, working on a game that takes a thousand hours to make, and me many others are eagerly awaiting it. No matter how good this is, it will probably be over in 2 minutes, and then I'll feel really, really angry.

Dualnames

Awwwww Grim, that's .. I'm speechless. I love Tarantino myself, so that's a huge compliment to me. Don't be angry at me!!

Mandle

I finally downloaded and played the game, yet to download the sequel...

And one thing I must say is that: The voice acting is really, really GOOD...

That's Qptain Nemo if I read the credits right?

I need that exact kind of voice for my current project!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 16/11/2014 15:14:33
I need that exact kind of voice for my current project!

I feel a PM disturbance in the Force...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk