What My Project Means to Me

Started by Anpiel, Sat 15/11/2014 03:52:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Anpiel

I am working on my first game since Middle School, and it means a lot to me. I have taken a web design class since then and Scratch Alice were my favourite toys for a little while. Now it has a whole new meaning. My girlfriend and I have a lot of distance between us and will for a good while since her college is in California and I'll be in Columbus or Dayton, Ohio. Working on this game has done a lot for us in the first few days. We are spending a lot of time together now. I am doing story and programming and she's handling art. I have a music guy already too. I have been winning writing awards since I was little and she rocks the whole visual arts spectrum. We've gotten pretty far for just two days. So far it is really exciting.
Angels they fell first but I'm still here

KodiakBehr

Long distance relationships are tough.  Having a project to throw yourself in helps.  I'm glad you're finding your way around AGS, we've got a pretty great community here.

Anpiel

I am glad that the community is so full of nice people. I am getting pretty far now thanks to the people here.

CaptainD

Can't wait to see what the two of you come up with! :grin:

AprilSkies

;-D I hope to see something by you on the Games-In-Production thread soon!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Maybe it will be a game about two people living far apart making a game together? 8-)  (The game the couple in the game are making will be a game about two people living poles apart making a game.... etc.)

Anpiel

Fun idea D, but we are doing a full scale RPG. I thought this would be impossible or close until I found this awesome program and you awesome people. The dreams of the literature geek can finally be reality!

CaptainD

Quote from: Anpiel lhttp://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/Smileys/AGS/smiley16_grin.pngink=topic=51272.msg636500255#msg636500255 date=1416071870
Fun idea D, but we are doing a full scale RPG. I thought this would be impossible or close until I found this awesome program and you awesome people. The dreams of the literature geek can finally be reality!

Just curious, is there any particular reason you chose AGS over RPG Maker XP / VX?  (NOT that I want to put you off using AGS in any way of course!!! :-D)

Anpiel

Well to answer your question, I downloaded three different things and this was the best one. I love the quality I can produce.

Mandle

Best of luck with your project! Sounds like a great way to keep a long-distance relationship active and relevant...

I would like to advise you to download Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok and take a look, if you haven't played it before. It will really show you what can be achieved as an RPG using the AGS engine (granted it is an Adventure Game/RPG hybrid and not a classic top-down map-based RPG).

It also won every award in the world at the last AGS Awards except for the ones it was ineligable for (and even they were close I think (laugh) )

Anpiel

Thanks for the tip! I am excited to start playing!

Mandle

Quote from: Anpiel on Mon 17/11/2014 01:32:09
Thanks for the tip! I am excited to start playing!

I envy you at getting to experience that game for the first time... I need that flashy-thing so I can play great games over and over (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk