Really Eff'ed Up Dream that's QFG Related

Started by DBoyWheeler, Fri 21/11/2014 21:39:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 24/11/2014 23:30:03
Spoiler
Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Mon 24/11/2014 19:51:55
After some time, the bus would fall and I would literally feel the pull of gravity. At that point, I would wake up and find my head pressed very hard to the pillow.

I think you were maybe a part of this team without even knowing:

[close]

I've not seen that movie. From which movie has this shot been taken from?

Retro Wolf

Mandle

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Tue 25/11/2014 16:03:22
Inception.

Yeah, basically your dream of:

"As far as the childhood dreams go, there's one particular dream I used to have often. It was about a bus falling down the hill's top. I would be sitting on a seat located at the very back of the bus. The bus would dangle back and forth (what with half of it hovering in the air), kinda like see-saw. After some time, the bus would fall and I would literally feel the pull of gravity. At that point, I would wake up and find my head pressed very hard to the pillow."

Perfectly described an entire scene in the movie where the dreaming team is in a van (e.g: your bus) which goes off the edge of a drop. The way they can wake up in the movie is to do the "kick" which is basically to feel the pull of gravity upon an impact after falling within a dream which wakes you up.

So yeah the picture was them in the van asleep while the van was about to hit the water below...I think you might be the guy in the middle on the back seat...Hood over the head kinda makes it hard to tell though...:P

HanaIndiana

I love that movie, but it gave me one of my most messed up dreams. I have lucid dreams once in a while, where you know you're dreaming, and I had one once where I was convinced I couldn't wake up. I was stuck in my dream (ie. stuck in my head), and it was too real, I couldn't wake myself up and I was freaking out. Imagining people would think I was in a coma.

My dream had me stuck in a large house the whole time, with a bunch of different rooms, and people wandering about.
Eventually I talked to the "dream people", figuring they were different aspects of my personality, in hopes one of them had an answer.

Finally one of them suggested I play some music, and meditate. And try to go to sleep. The idea being that if I fell asleep in a dream, I would wake up.
So I went into a room, with a big comfy couch and an ol' timey phonograph. Put on a record, got comfortable and tried to sleep. And as soon as I mellowed out, and closed my eyes to sleep, I woke up!! And it was super weird being in my head one second, then back in my bedroom. It was pretty awesome actually, if not scary for awhile there.

Retro Wolf

You're still dreaming Hana! Wake up! WAAAKE UUUP!!!

Cuiki

Your mind was just trying to give you some adventure game ideas, obviously. :tongue:
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Mandle

Hana, I had a similar dream where I found this game dev program called AGS and lost years of my life. Man, was that a scary one.

HanaIndiana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk