Something Sierra-related is happening at GamesCom

Started by Gurok, Fri 08/08/2014 05:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

homelightgames

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Gribbler to a certain extent. By using 3D platformer they completely lost my interest.

It doesn't help that I'm not a huge fan of 3D platformers, and cheap 3D character animation is a painful pet peeve of mine.  Good 3D character animation is great, but because it's so expensive and games like this, and the new Jane Jensen Moebius game, just can't afford it, I'd prefer 2D (even stylized) animation, or in the very least pre-rendered 3D animation, with the same budget.
That said, I love 2D platformers of all kinds (assuming it needs to be a platformer) including ones that use 3D geometry, like Trine 1-2, Giana Sisters and The Cave, which were all beautiful games without huge AAA budgets.  Or even a beautiful game like Fossil Echo, with it's 2D characters and 3D pre-rendered backgrounds. In other words, while I don't need the mechanics to be exactly like the originals (disregarding KQ8, which was probably the game that originally inspired my pet peeve) they/I sort of got unlucky with their current choice of design.
This is, of course, just my own preference, and it seems like other people don't mind that it's a 3D platformer so that's a good thing for them. I do hope they find an audience out there, even if it's not me.

I'll just have to wait another few decades before they reboot it again, in a style that doesn't so conflict with my tastes. :)

visionmind

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk