Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Oh my it looks so pretty!

shaun9991

Oh wow, this looks amazing! Great art and story, will keep a close eye on this one!! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Andail

Goodness, that's beautiful! Best of luck with completing this project.

Lasca

Stunning! Looks like this is going to be awesome.

ThreeOhFour

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

theo

Curious to see more! Show more! Go go go!

Michael2968

Looks good I look forward to playing it next year.

m0ds

Fantastic stuff Nathan! I didn't know you had it in you! ;) Best of luck, I can't wait to play it (if not before you bloody bring it next year to AdvX!) - nice to see you!

monkey424

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

I spot cleavage! ..And bosom! ;)

I'm excited! :-D

Nice work Chicky!

Adeel

Quote from: monkey424 on Thu 11/12/2014 11:32:44
Quote from: Chicky on Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15
Spoiler
[close]

And they are so heavy that she had no other option left but to rest them on the table! This only indicates that the game's really worth playing. ;-D Good luck!

Fitz

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 07/12/2014 22:58:29Fitz: Score! The first 30 minutes of Bioshock: Infinite were my favorite, I loved walking around Columbia and watching all the NPC's. If I can come close to this i'll be happy!

Wasn't the part in the church just mesmerizing? And then the beach, with a retro version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" playing in the background. It's a shame that the rest of the game was pretty much all a non-stop urban battlezone. I *liked* it, and enjoyed playing it quite a bit, there were plenty of fun twists and tasty tidbits -- but expected it to be more like the initial part.

AprilSkies

All is so good! The concept and the art. Oh the art! Stunning!
Grand job!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Chicky

Hello all ;-D

First I would like to say a huge thank you for all of your kind words and support so far. I left it too late to reply before but I really appreciate each of your comments. I've got lots of friends on Twitter now and everyone is constantly producing really inspiring stuff. It's like a little app I can go to whenever I want to get pumped for making Guard Duty. Oh and Fitz I totally agree, it's a shame the studio split.

Anyway, i've written up the first Devlog, it covers the game's art direction and history over the years. Lots of fun old screenshots from the various revamps of the game. You'll have to excuse my daft sense of humor.

You can check it out on www.clicknpoint.co.uk It's just a tumblr page so you can probably follow it or something ;)

Oh and something new, here are a couple of stills from a flashback sequence we implemented recently. They only appear on the screen for a second and are cropped, so they're not mega detailed.

Until next time!

NickyNyce

Looks great Chicky. I love the art, very very nice.

Dor Hajaj

This is by far the best graphics i have ever seen,  including famous and commercial games.  I wish u success and will play this for sure!

Darth Mandarb

Dor Hajaj - please review the forum rules before further posting.

Chicky - let me know if/when you want to post an update and I can unlock this.  Sad it became necessary.

Chicky

Update!

We have rebranded! The pseudo-studio I released my games under 'Clicknpoint' is no more, we decided a more funky name was in order and I wanted to keep the chicken theme so I present:

The further we get into development the more serious this feels (this project has completely taken over my life), so a decent web presence was in order. I'm planning on starting a Greenlight page somewhere around Christmas and will be putting some form of trailer/gameplay video out around the same time. I'm pretty rubbish at this whole social networking jazz but if anyone fancies following us on any of our social links at the bottom of the website, or sharing the website with friends that would be damn swell!

So, progress update.

I was way too ambitious with my initial predictions for how long this beast would take to make. It's a long way off being finished but i'm chuffed to bits with what we have achieved over the past two years.

We've been working hard behind the scenes, we've reworked our gameplan, we removed some sections of the game that were unnecessarily drawn out, reworking puzzles to allow for more player satisfaction and less backtracking. We have lots of things implemented that i'm really proud of and we've (fingers crossed) managed to keep a consistent quality throughout every location. We're at the point where i'm finally happy to call it the second 'act', that is, the player can progress through the entirety of the first act, with *almost* all of the assets in place and all of the core puzzles.

I've finished the majority of the background assets for the second act and am now starting to put the locations together in AGS with placeholder characters and objects. Thankfully I've already created the big cutscenes for the final act and some other bits and pieces.

Anyway, here are some new screenshots from the first act, please note the font is due to change and a couple of the animations need cleaning up.

Princess Theramin has a run in with a mysterious stranger...

Tondbert enjoys a little tipple on his Birthday shift.

Tondbert's face is horrifically mutilated after a run in with a beehive.

That's all for now, thanks for all of your support so far!

AnasAbdin

Those are some amazing screenshots  8-0
For some reason, this first one reminded me of Ghosts 'n Goblins. The drunk moving talk bubble is really a great touch  (laugh)

gameboy

Can't believe I missed this thread before.

This game looks just lovely!

Jack

Whoa, great art style. Even the speech bubbles look good.

That guy is never making any progress digging like that though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk